Newbie question. Opening a new record.

iyiyi

I personally look at my fingers and wrists as an investment just like my sweet vinylz so I go with an electric knife to keep the mileage down on my piggy's https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CEK-40-Electric-Knife/dp/B00004WKI3

I sometimes enjoy "letting the tits out" of my records and just carve the whole front cover away to show off my really nice "splatter investments" but I can of course still flip it around and see the tracklisting and such which I think looks just ravishing next to my crosley and light ropes! This is more of an advanced move though so I would suggest watching a few youtube tutorials first.

I personally look at my fingers and wrists as an investment just like my sweet vinylz so I go with an electric knife to keep the mileage down on my piggy's https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CEK-40-Electric-Knife/dp/B00004WKI3

I sometimes enjoy "letting the tits out" of my records and just carve the whole front cover away to show off my really nice "splatter investments" but I can of course still flip it around and see the tracklisting and such which I think looks just ravishing next to my crosley and light ropes! This is more of an advanced move though so I would suggest watching a few youtube tutorials first.

wear skinny jeans (have to be skinny, mind you, or at least super slim) and rub the record across your thigh (best done when standing and flexing ur quads, it just is). rub until you give yourself a mild friction burn, or you'll risk failing entirely at this method.
if you follow these steps, u should perforate the cellophane (or cellophone, if you prefer) across the mouth of the sleeve. u can pop the record out and throw it away.

also, newest from Team K-sack

If your plan is to keep the record in the cellophane, don't. Sometimes it will cause the sleeve to bend over time, and it almost always ends up looking crappy. 

As some other posters have mentioned, just use a razor and carefully remove the cellophane. Then buy some protective outer and inner sleeves for your records. I suggest sleeve city.

Best of luck. 

19 minutes ago, VinylSandwich said:

If your plan is to keep the record in the cellophane, don't. Sometimes it will cause the sleeve to bend over time

If you keep your records in the appropriate environment, this does not happen. The cellophane shrinks with heat. If your cellophane is shrinking and bending the jacket, then your storage area is too hot/humid. Probably find some warped records in there too.

As far as the shrink getting messed up, if you keep the shrink on , and slide it inside a sleeve, it stays in great shape. For someone who is a collector, albums with the shrink and hype stickers contiously sell for more $$$

13 hours ago, VinylSandwich said:

I stand by my first statement. You really are fucking stupid.

I'm 37 lol, how am I an old man. I'm just old enough to know better.

Like anyone gives 2 shits what you think. You're just some stupid pothead with a big mouth.

9 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Do you seriously have nothing else?  "Duuhhh...yeah, well you're old."

You keep calling me grandpa. I'm 10 years older than you. Or can you not do math? Are you really that fucking stupid? 

If I'm a grandfather, you must be approaching "over the hill".

Put the joint down dewd, you are going brain dead.

Have you seen my collection? You have no fucking clue what I have for a record collection.

I'm done replying to you. You are just too fucking stupid, kid.

Edited by vinyl addict

• jhulud locked this topic