PO: John Frusciante - To Record Only Water For 10 Days (Jan 2017!)

The Australian label Twelve Suns is releasing Frusciante's album To Record Only Water For 10 Days on vinyl. According to Invisible Movement it has been remastered for vinyl.

The pre-order is available now. Little downside: the release date is set to January 20th 2017.

Limited edition issue of John Frusciante's classic 3rd solo album 'To Record Only Water For Ten Days'. 1500 copies pressed on double vinyl. Licensed exclusively from Warner Bros.

http://offwhiterecords.com/store/catalogue/john-frusciante-to-record-only-water-for-10-days-limited-to-1500-copies-2lp.cfm

2 hours ago, Darnoc said:

Has to be a cheaper po option...

1 hour ago, andi said:

Fuck! Would love to purchase, but not for 59 + 23 shipping.

I have the bad feeling that this will be the only place and the only price to buy it. The label released the Brown Bunny soundtrack a few years ago (which also featured Frusciante) and it was also exclusively available through just one Australian online store. At least Brown Bunny was great qualitywise, so I have high hopes that we'll get a great package for the money.

2 hours ago, Darnoc said:

Has to be a cheaper po option...

1 hour ago, andi said:

Fuck! Would love to purchase, but not for 59 + 23 shipping.

I have the bad feeling that this will be the only place and the only price to buy it. The label released the Brown Bunny soundtrack a few years ago (which also featured Frusciante) and it was also exclusively available through just one Australian online store. At least Brown Bunny was great qualitywise, so I have high hopes that we'll get a great package for the money.

24 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

$60? No chance, will wait for a non-deluxe. 

I don't think this is a "deluxe" per say, just limited edition 2xLP being pressed by an indie label. I assume that a large portion of the $60 went straight into Warner Brothers pocket just to get permission to press it. I would speculate that Frusciante is nowhere on Warner Brother's radar and this isn't getting a second press anytime soon. 

If it helps your situation at all, the Austrailian dollar is pretty low, so unless you live down under, your currency will probably go farther than you think. 

• 4 months later...

^correction:  super limited niche demand releases make you invest. But that's what it is- something that you, I and others want that we're lucky to see pressed at all. 

Balk at the price now, but I won't be surprised if you end up buying anyways, just like me.

Edited by Darnoc

5 hours ago, Darnoc said:

^correction:  super limited niche demand releases make you invest. But that's what it is- something that you, I and others want that we're lucky to see pressed at all. 

Balk at the price now, but I won't be surprised if you end up buying anyways, just like me.

Hey Internet stranger, do you know me? Because you're saying the complete opposite of what I just posted.  You "won't be surprised if I end up buying? " You missed the point.  This has been available on 5 month pre-order and is still available for anyone who wants it at that ridiculous cost. Nah dude. Not buying at all. Not playing into these prices and legitimitizing it.

Good luck with your "super limited niche demand INVESTMENT" though, chump.

13 hours ago, freedumb said:

Hey Internet stranger, do you know me? Because you're saying the complete opposite of what I just posted.  You "won't be surprised if I end up buying? " You missed the point.  This has been available on 5 month pre-order and is still available for anyone who wants it at that ridiculous cost. Nah dude. Not buying at all. Not playing into these prices and legitimitizing it.

Good luck with your "super limited niche demand INVESTMENT" though, chump.

Yep, guess I confused you with a Frusciante fan and vinyl collector. At what $$ do you draw the limit these days for artists you like or have you become disenfranchised by the limits of your pocketbook? I know this isn't a Niandra LaDes first press, and Lord knows that would've made ME jump without questioning the price at first, but this is a close runner up. I'm surprised at the lack of sellout too- i chalk it up to lack of exposure and hope to get a second copy if it gets discounted at some point. 

Not the first time I've thought about release costing too much only to regret later

9 hours ago, yarostino said:

Is there a discount if I stay for ten days? And do you check for recording devices before one gets in?

Well done sir- beat me to it. Like the recording device touch-

8 hours ago, freedumb said:

Call it a super limited niche demand investment and I'm there with my rubber duckie!

You can call your rubber duckie, what you like-might be worth it. I'll stick with my appreciation for Frusciante and Like Water's first pressSwarovski-studded-Rubber-Duck-3.jpg241?cb=20091123063835

Edited by Darnoc