PO NOW: American Football - American Football (LP2) (Oct 21 2016; Polyvinyl)

57 minutes ago, jewfro said:

code? or was it a one time use code?

For pre-ordering Innocence Reaches I don't think it would work if you didn't buy that record because it says "thank you for pre-ordering Innocence Reaches..." when you put in the code. Unless Polyvinyl says it's okay I'm not gonna open that can of worms.

2 hours ago, urban_bandito said:

album cover is comfy.  i bet its the same house and its reflecting the break up instead of the crush and start of a relationship like the first album cover.

I read something somewhere (and I can't find it now) that Kinsella said it was the same house. I don't remember seeing about a relationship but the house thing is cool.

24 minutes ago, tape said:

I read something somewhere (and I can't find it now) that Kinsella said it was the same house. I don't remember seeing about a relationship but the house thing is cool.

From Polyvinyl LP2 page: "but while the house on the cover and the title of the album are the same, they are made strange by time and new found perspective." So yes, same house.

I mean if we want to be really honest you can hear a ton of what we consider Owen in AF1 too... If you don't hear the similarities in some of the guitar work in AF1 and Owen's first 3 records... maaaaaan. 

Kinsellas are the shit no matter what the name on the album is.

I re-read this and it seemed unclear. My point is, AF inspired Owen, so, Owen inspiring AF is kind of assumed. The "origin" of the inspiration could go either way :)

Edited by rooks