PO NOW: American Football - American Football (LP2) (Oct 21 2016; Polyvinyl)

5 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

le contrarian XD

Nah, not at all. But if this were any other band I feel like I'd be rolling my eyes and talking about nostalgia cash grabs. But I luv AF tho :wub:. And the single is nice.

7 minutes ago, rooks said:

Kinsellas are the shit no matter what the name on album is.

V. much this. Strong agree.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

This doesn't feel cash grabby to me at all. Just some incredible musicians, finally playing together again and realizing it's fun again 

Yeah, I don't think this is a cash grab.  But it's a familiar sentiment with any band who's been dormant for a decade+.  Age does stuff to you other than make you old.  No matter what, that new song is fucking gold, just like the vinyl I preordered.

1 minute ago, highfives said:

I think I'm to the point where I don't even give a shit if it's a cash grab.  If the music is good, they deserve the cash they're grabbing for.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

This doesn't feel cash grabby to me at all. Just some incredible musicians, finally playing together again and realizing it's fun again 

Dude, you guys are both absolutely right. And I also just bought literally everything you could possibly buy for this release. Hopefully it's sweet.

Yeah, I'd like to echo the sentiment that this is in no way a cash grab.  Hypothetically recording two new tracks onto a 7", throwing it exclusively into another reissue of their S/T, and charging double the normal price... would be an actual cash grab.  Musicians writing quality new music – even if it's 17 years later – is a very good thing.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I'd like to echo the sentiment that this is in no way a cash grab.  Hypothetically recording two new tracks onto a 7", throwing it exclusively into another reissue of their S/T, and charging double the normal price... would be an actual cash grab.  Musicians writing quality new music – even if it's 17 years later – is a very good thing.

This is going to be a solid album. Simple as that. And it's now in the top 5 for most anticipated albums of the year for me. I'm really, really curious what 17 years can do to a band, especially after hearing that amazing new song. I'm very, very hopeful. I think this album might be able to fill the hole that a few 2016 post rock albums have left.

I've been waiting for this for over a year and a half. I saw them on New Years Eve when they first started playing together again and Mike hinted at new music coming. What a perfect couple of months here! New Owen and American Football back to back. Life is good. Have a nice day everybody!

I've seen this band discussed a lot but I had never heard anything by them until yesterday and I've gotta say their debut album is really fantastic. Sadly my slowness means I won't be grabbing the EU silver but I'm really debating throwing down some cash for the orange crush. Just a shame they don't have both albums on vinyl in the same store.

22 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I'm really debating throwing down some cash for the orange crush. Just a shame they don't have both albums on vinyl in the same store.

If you were to order both albums from the US, you'd likely get hit for import tax, whereas you wouldn't for just the one, since it's under £15 value. You could order the first album from somewhere like Music Magpie who have it for around £10.

Edited by Burkazoid

4 minutes ago, Burkazoid said:

If you were to order both albums from the US, you'd likely get hit for import tax, whereas you wouldn't for just the one, since it's under £15 value. You could order the first album from somewhere like Music Magpie who have it for around £10.

I will definitely look into finding the first one from somewhere here in the UK, even before import tax delivery from abroad is something I'm trying to cut down on because USPS delivery charges have been exceeding the cost of the actual items I'm purchasing recently. Was going to do a Robotic Empire order the other day for items worth $40 and delivery was $47.

I'll look into music magpie though, thanks for the heads up.

3 minutes ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Thanks @Burkazoid for suggesting Music Magpie £12 for the debut is insanely cheap.

That's for the double disc version too :) - the single disc version is £10.89. Music Magpie aren't always the most reliable but their cheap price makes them very worthwhile, plus you can often get 20% voucher codes (sadly, not at the moment). I bought a ton of Owen records from them a few weeks back for about £8-9 each.

Edited by Burkazoid

I

2 minutes ago, Burkazoid said:

That's for the double disc version too :) - the single disc version is £10.89. Music Magpie aren't always the most reliable but their cheap price makes them very worthwhile, plus you can often get 20% voucher codes (sadly, not at the moment). I bought a ton of Owen records from them a few weeks back for about £8-9 each.

I'll definitely keep my eye on them in the future.

1 minute ago, Burkazoid said:

@Stress On The Sky No problem. Also, I'm being a bit silly here. Where is the EU store with the orange crush up for order?

http://americanfootball.tmstor.es/index.php?page=products&section=all 

the original link was just for the /250 Silver but this link shows you all the EU/UK options 

6 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

Less than 500 of the gold left don't sleep if you don't think it will sell out today.

Yup. Woke up, checked it, and finally just pulled the trigger. I am ASTOUNDED at how quickly these have sold, but stoked for PV. They're a good company and deserve that kind of business.