PO: Planes Mistaken For Stars - PREY

tre

Deathwish Exclusive - Blue In Beer Vinyl Limited to 300

3c2b3e91-3d41-44aa-87b5-f69182b2f18e.png

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Deathwish Europe Exclusive - Opaque Pink / Brown Mix Vinyl Limited to 300

5cc8043c-a36d-4e87-833c-3a37507a669f.png

*********************************************************************************************************************************
Indie Store Exclusive - Beer Vinyl Limited to 1000

7bd9daa9-229a-4997-b741-27629b4868d0.png

Standard - Magenta Vinyl

7637ac69-8533-4683-844d-37840697c3a7.png

1 hour ago, dirtydebutant said:

silly question but does anyone know what brand of shirts are used for the new ones in store? really like the cover, it would look awesome on a shirt but i dont know if its gonna fit me ok. 

We receive shirts on a number of different brands so it's hard to say for sure. Usually Gildan, Anvil, or Alstyle!

• 1 month later...

Any Americans pickup the European exclusive? Thinking about grabbing that one but I rarely order from overseas. Just worried I'll get a smashed box 6 months from now.

or if anyone wants to sell their blue in beer copy, I'll be your man.

Edited by julianisdead

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2016 at 7:46 AM, hallowken78 said:

I like the album quite a bit, but does anyone else think it sounds compressed?   I guess the mastering of this one just isn't sitting right with me.

I thought the sound quality left a lot to be desired as well. The digital download sounds just as fucked up so maybe it was just bad production. Good album though. 

10 hours ago, mxv said:

I thought the sound quality left a lot to be desired as well. The digital download sounds just as fucked up so maybe it was just bad production. Good album though. 

Agreed.  I listened to the digital a few times and it didn't sound good.  I was so stoked when I finally spun the record because I thought it would be a wall of sound but alas that wasn't the case.   But agreed - definitely a good album that'll make my end of the year list.

• 5 years later...

Planes Mistaken For Stars just posted this via facebook. I'm gutted by the news. We lost a really good one today:

"It is impossible to express the depth of sorrow in which we must announce that Gared O’Donnell, our brother, our leader, our captain, who has done more to cultivate love and light in this world than any of us can understand, has moved on from his physical form here with us and crossed the rainbow bridge into the eternal ether. In his final days/hours, he was surrounded by the love of his family, his friends, his bandmates, and many others from afar.
A titan, a pillar, a beacon, no one that knew him wasn’t touched or inspired. The gift he gave us was himself, fully unselfishly pouring his life, love, and soul out to the world, so honestly that it hurt.
His passion was infectious drawing us all to him and to each other. The family we have is vast because of Gared. Through the sheer force of his will, he helped to sculpt the reality we all inhabit. His impact on us all will never die.
At the end of every Planes show, Gared urged us all to take care of each other. It wasn’t just something to say, it was a plea for us all to open our hearts and see everyone for what they are, our brothers and sisters. A plea for us to appreciate every heart wrenching, beautiful, and terrifying moment life has to offer.
Gared O’Donnell, mythical beast, in one way or another, helped make us all who we are today.
Gared spent the last year of his life doing exactly what he loved, writing and recording music. We are currently working hard to bring these multiple final projects to completion. It is heartbreaking to do this without him, but we know that he would want for us to complete what we had started together. We will do our absolute best to honor his legacy and spread word of the legend that he embodied.
All of you have helped Gared to fulfill his dreams in life and provided him an extensive family bigger than he ever could have imagined. His love will live on in us for the rest of our days. So thank you all for your love and support over the years. His life was richer because of it.
Love to you all. May the light of our collective love carry Gared onto his next journey. Thunder in the night forever! 🖤"

RIP Gared. Planes Mistaken For Stars put Denver on the map during a pivotal point. I will miss coming home from their shows at Rock Island reeking of cigarette smoke. they showed me what a real club rock show was all about at an early age and am forever grateful