Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon White Original Pressing /100 - Signed by the band - Legit?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any Brand New fans can help me out on this one. I bought this record off eBay a month ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122050695373?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I normally don't buy autographed items online, but I was on the lookout for a white original pressing anyway and the price wasn't too high compared to what this is listed for currently and what its sold for in the past. When I asked the seller for some info on the item, they replied with:

"I bought the vinyl itself on ebay like 8 years ago, just because it was the white one. Then Jesse Lacey did an acoustic tour like 6 or 7 years ago, and I got him to sign it at the Dallas show at The Loft. All of Brand New did a show at the same venue like a year or two later, and I got the rest of them to sign it then."

I did some research and the dates + venues checked out. The buyer had and still has 0 feedback, which I understand is a risk, but lots of people don't normally use eBay and create accounts just to sell a single item. I figure I'm still inside PayPal's window if this is a fraud. I feel pretty good about this purchase, the record looks legit in person, but I have three questions that would make me sleep better.

1.) If anyone has this pressing, can you tell me the matrix run-out numbers? There's no info on discogs for that.

2.) If anyone has signed items they attained from the band, can you give me a general impression of if the signatures look legit or not? 

3.) Can anyone recommend a third party authentication service? I was looking at Roger Epperson from JSA, but I don't know how knowledgeable he would be about a band like Brand New.

Thanks,

Bobby

8 minutes ago, DafTyler said:

I own this.

7658-I005-1(B)

S-49579

Awesome, will check the record when I get home. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I can't speak for autographs, but the pressing LOOKS legit. At least if the autographs are phony, they are on the insert. You're probably safe. Did you check deadformat? There are sigs on there.

Yes, I checked deadformat and did a google search for band autographed items. They are definitely in the same style as those, but it's hard to tell what's legit and not from an online search which is why I figured I'd ask if anyone here personally had items signed. Part of the calculated risk I took here was assuming the record was the real deal and considering the signatures as a free roll. Worst case I could probably get a replacement insert at a much lesser cost.

6 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

$390... what the fuck. 

Brand New fans are crazy. This particular record has sold higher than that on Discogs plus it's sold for $400 & $450 on eBay before according to Gripswet, all of those unsigned.

4 hours ago, DafTyler said:

I own this.

7658-I005-1(B)

S-49579

Matrix checks out. Thanks again for that as I couldn't find it anywhere online. Now if anyone who has signed items from the band could have a look at the signatures and give their thoughts, plus if anyone could recommend a reputable 3rd party authentication service for music memorabilia, that would be very much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Stryder said:

Matrix checks out. Thanks again for that as I couldn't find it anywhere online. Now if anyone who has signed items from the band could have a look at the signatures and give their thoughts, plus if anyone could recommend a reputable 3rd party authentication service for music memorabilia, that would be very much appreciated.

I think I can pretty safely say 99% of the people here either don't give a shit about signatures, or if they do they get the signatures themselves. I have a couple signed records from bands I dig, but I'd personally never go out of my way to buy/get signatures. Part of the fun of having signed stuff is the story to go along with it, right?

edit just to clarify: the covers are signed, not the actual records.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

42 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I think I can pretty safely say 99% of the people here either don't give a shit about signatures, or if they do they get the signatures themselves. I have a couple signed records from bands I dig, but I'd personally never go out of my way to buy/get signatures. Part of the fun of having signed stuff is the story to go along with it, right?

Can confirm. Talking ATDI with Josh from '68 and talking shit on ETR with TFoT's drummer was the highlight of my night. Sigs on my Doppelganger original press jacket are just reminders. I wouldn't pay much if any premium for a signature. It's really just a physical reminder of my memories for the night. I did pay like an extra $4 for a signed Against Me! White People for Peace 7", but that was only because it is signed as Tom Gabel rather than LJG and I thought that was kinda cool since it was probably something you couldn't get anymore.

32 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Yes I agree, most signed things in my collection I've attained in person, but this was a happy bonus. Just weird that it's not a thing in this field, and that apparently $390 is a mind numbing amount of money to spend on a record that everyone needs to make a cheeky comment about. I don't care, I wanted this and I'm fortunate I had the disposable income to drop on it. I didn't even mention what I'd spent and only shared the link to aid with the backstory on this. Brand New is a huge band and a run of 100 of their debut album is scarce.

I run a comic book, original comic art, & vintage collectibles business and a huge aspect of collecting comics is getting books signed by the creators and then having them graded by a 3rd party service like CGC. We deal with a ton of signed collectibles certified by PSA as well. You'd be hard pressed to go on a comic book collecting board and find anyone price shaming anyone else in the hobby out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness.

7 hours ago, Stryder said:

I have a print signed by them.  It's at my parents still though.  I'll be there tomorrow so if I remember, I'll take a picture and you can compare.

8 hours ago, Stryder said:

I run a comic book, original comic art, & vintage collectibles business and a huge aspect of collecting comics is getting books signed by the creators and then having them graded by a 3rd party service like CGC. We deal with a ton of signed collectibles certified by PSA as well. You'd be hard pressed to go on a comic book collecting board and find anyone price shaming anyone else in the hobby out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness.

Shouldn't you know where to get these autographs authenticated then? Not trying to be a dick, just genuinely curious. I'd imagine you have to do that sort of thing somewhat regularly.

No shame in spending money on something you want. You do you, boo boo.