Whats New on VC

8 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I just liked your post... BUT CONSIDER IT A DOWNVOTE!

Also, my last post wasn't some sarcastic-ass remark towards you buddy.  Didn't want you thinking that haha.  And even if you did, you couldn't downvote me anyways!  Mwahahahahahaha!

Seriously though, VC is not only a place to talk about records and crack jokes. It is a community of people buying, selling, and trading records as well. The downvote is a VERY important part of the online community. It allows users to see someones reputation before setting up a deal. No way on earth would I ever sell a record to someone with negative sales feedback OR negative posts because it shows they are a jerk. I don't like doing business with jerks. I personally feel removing downvotes would kill the community. It's annoying when people post awful stuff but it somehow makes it feel better when you can give them negative feedback about it.

I agree with Mr. Potter on this one. I remember back when we went from karma to up/downvotes, it was originally only upvotes. Don't remember how long that lasted, but it didn't last long. Why would anyone think it would be different this time.

Also, can we remove the extra gap between the first and second thread? It's useful for this thread, but it happens on every page within this subforum.