Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, dynabcn said:

Nice thread!

I've been 10 years working as a music journalist so I've collected good signed things in these last decade. Most of them are signed in person. 

Chris Cornell - Euphoria Morning (signed twice, its my favourite album)
Chris Cornell - Higher Truth

Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams (signed by Ryan)

Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation ... (signed by Chuck D and DJ Lord)

The National - Trouble Will Find Me (signed by all band)

Fender Stratocaster - signed by Synyster Gates Of Avenged Sevenfold, all members of Band Of Horses and the trio of Biffy Clyro

Sharon Van Etten - Are We There 

RATM - RATM (signed by Morello)

Audioslave - Audioslave (signed by Morello)

Thrice - Illusion Of Safety (insert signed by all the band)
Agnes Obel - Aventine
METZ - I (signed by all the band)

Ty Segall - Manipulator (signed by Ty)

Noah Gundersen - Carry The Ghost (signed by Noah)

The Head And The Heart-  The Head And The Heart (signed by Josiah and Jon)

Switchfoot - Where The Light Shines Through (signed by all the band) 

Cigarettes After Sex - Cigarettes After Sex (signed by Greg)

Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time (signed by Ben)

Band Of Horses - Mirage Rock (signed by Ben)

Band Of Horses - Mirage Rock Testpressing (signed by all the band)

Joshua James - From The Top Of The Willamette Mountain (signed by Joshua)
Sera Cahoone - From Where I Started (signed by Sera)

Sam Outlaw - Angeleno 
Sean Rowe - Mad Man

Matthew Mayfield - Now You're Free 
Alberta Cross - Alberta Cross (signed by Petter)

Benjamon Booker - Witness (poster signed)

I tried to meet Ryan Adams recently after a show for an autograph. There were 2 other people with me. Apparently 3 people was too much to deal with because he went and got in his van, didn't even acknowledge us. He was playing again the next night but I decided I didn't really care anymore, if he didn't want to sign something I didn't want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

I tried to meet Ryan Adams recently after a show for an autograph. There were 2 other people with me. Apparently 3 people was too much to deal with because he went and got in his van, didn't even acknowledge us. He was playing again the next night but I decided I didn't really care anymore, if he didn't want to sign something I didn't want it.

I think he doesn't sign much stuff after shows anymore. The way how I could get that autograph was quite funny (i think).

I was in Wolverhampton doing an interview to Mike Viola, Ryan's guitar player,  in march 2015. After i did it I asked the tour manager If Ryan could sign my vinyl of the selftitled LP. "Sure" - she said. "What do you him to say" And I said, "i don't know, something about Pablo (my name)". This is what I got lol

 

19875139_10159050915855442_9657565369891

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple that came autographed but then it wasn't as cool as I though it would be. I think had I met them and gotten it I would feel more nostalgic about it.

 

But thats me. And I'll be trying to have Peter Hook singing something when I see them next year (and hopefully won't be crying like an 8 year old girl while he does it - Joy Division is a big deal to me).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 3:23 AM, dynabcn said:

I think he doesn't sign much stuff after shows anymore. The way how I could get that autograph was quite funny (i think).

I was in Wolverhampton doing an interview to Mike Viola, Ryan's guitar player,  in march 2015. After i did it I asked the tour manager If Ryan could sign my vinyl of the selftitled LP. "Sure" - she said. "What do you him to say" And I said, "i don't know, something about Pablo (my name)". This is what I got lol

 

19875139_10159050915855442_9657565369891

Photo doesn't seem to load- you've sparked my curiosity, haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some auto i have:

vinyl:

ride - nowhere - signed by band

Cure - Faith - signed by Robert (also have s/t cd signed by band during curiosa tour)

Catherine Wheel - a few items signed by band

new order - true faith 7" signed by original 4

Soundgarden - "Louder" album flat signed by Chris and Matt

Godflesh - s/t

My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult - kooler than jesus

Laibach - Let it be

Coil - Numerous items

Peter Murphy

Marc Almond (Soft cell)

cds: Chris Cornell, Kozelek, skinny puppy, marilyn manson (band from 96), kmfdm, lycia, dead can dance, swans (entire band from 90s), tori amos, tricky, david lynch

Throbbing gristle -  poster

nick cave - poster and book

peter hook -  book

Pigface - Flyer from 91 tour with trent reznor, ogre etc

Edited by fish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Touché Amoré last night, was really there for Single Mothers but stayed for TA, had heard some of their songs but didn't really know what they were about. I was impressed and after hearing all these songs from Stage Four decided to buy it. They all signed and were real nice guys.

 

fvgTaXv.jpg

 

Edited by bluescreenlife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

Saw Touché Amoré last night, was really there for Single Mothers but stayed for TA, had heard some of their songs but didn't really know what they were about. I was impressed and after hearing all these songs from Stage Four decided to buy it. They all signed and were real nice guys.

 

fvgTaXv.jpg

 

I REALLY love how "bold" your silver signatures turned out on your LP. What kind of marker are you using?

 

I have used a "Silver" Sharpie before, but I don't think the signatures come out that good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sanspants said:

I fully expected to see this as the latest post in the thread. 

 

https://www.stereogum.com/1966468/newbury-comics-selling-beck-cds-signed-by-mc-hammer/news/
 

WTF. Why?

If that's not stupid, then I don't know what is.

He says it's a great "party record".  Talk about a cash grab lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

WTF. Why?

If that's not stupid, then I don't know what is.

He says it's a great "party record".  Talk about a cash grab lol

 

 

I don't know why, but in the comments on their FB post someone asked about Beck signed CDs. Newbury said this was at the request of Beck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

I enjoyed the rare chance to see my favorite band, Pinback, last week in Chicago.  Left with quite a few goodies :) 

 

EkUtOcHl.jpg

X1WhMaMl.jpg

nqZKpIml.jpg

fZmo6Wul.jpg

xyYaUfzl.jpg

XiswGWnl.jpg

GQFvXcLl.jpg

gHrYyzZl.jpg

f4SXo18l.jpg

UZYhrpVl.jpg

 

Did all the members of the band slap you in the face when they were done for making them sign so many things? Because I'm pretty sure I'd have told you to fuck off after about the third thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Did all the members of the band slap you in the face when they were done for making them sign so many things? Because I'm pretty sure I'd have told you to fuck off after about the third thing.

Nah that's what I love about them, they're really personal with fans and are thankful I buy the albums. Plus they played 2 nights so I brought half each time. They also realize we don't have many chances to see them so I think it's ok. The bassist even hung around and chatted with me for a while after, didn't seem annoyed at all. But yeah any typical show I bring 2 albums max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bluescreenlife said:

Nah that's what I love about them, they're really personal with fans and are thankful I buy the albums. Plus they played 2 nights so I brought half each time. They also realize we don't have many chances to see them so I think it's ok. The bassist even hung around and chatted with me for a while after, didn't seem annoyed at all. But yeah any typical show I bring 2 albums max.

Oh, right on. Splitting them up was good of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too lazy for pics... but got quite a few last night. My signed records collection continues to grow!

 

Comrades - Lone/Grey

Nothing Left - Destroy And Rebuild (only 1 sig, Silent Planet's drummer is in this band)

Silent Planet - Everything Was Sound

Silent Planet - Lastsleep/Come Wind, Come Weather

Silent Planet - The Night God Slept

Edited by No This Is Patrick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to try to do this from memory, makes me think I should figure out a way to filter on discogs and keep track of this stuff:

 

Soundgarden - King Animals (signed by whole band)

Tenacious D - self titled (signed by Jack and KG)

Jackie Brown - soundtrack (signed by Pam Grier)

Friday the 13th Waxwork soundtrack (signed by Adrienne King)

Royal Blood - Out of the Black (signed by whole band)

QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork indie blue (signed by Josh)

Mason and Stone - Knife Fight (signed by Stone Gossard)

Spoon - Hot Thoughts (signed by whole band)

J Roddy Walston and the Business - Essential Tremors (signed by whole band)

Alberta Cross - Songs of Patience (signed by whole band)

Speedy Ortiz - Real Hair (signed by Sadie)

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals (signed by Manson)

Baroness - Purple (signed by whole band) 

Elder - Lore (signed by whole band)

The Black Angels - Phosgene Nightmare (signed by whole band)

Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression (signed by Dean Fertita and Matt Helders)

Ministry - Rio Grande Blood (signed by Al Jourgensen)

Run the Jewels - RTJ1 and RTJ2 (signed by El-P and Killer Mike)

Superheaven - Ours is Chrome (signed by Jake)

 

 

CD's

QOTSA - Era Vulgaris (signed by whole band lineup at the time)

Mondo Generator - Cocaine Rodeo (signed by Nick and Mark)

Ghost - Infestissumam (signed by Papa and all the Ghouls, personalized to me by Papa)

Garbage - Strange Little Birds (signed by Shirley Manson)

Marilyn Manson - Golden Age of Grotesque (signed by Manson)

Pearl Jam - Ten (signed by Eddie, Mike and Dave)

30 Seconds to Mars - self title (signed by whole band)

Godhead - 2000 Years of Human Error and Power Tool Stigmata (signed by whole band)

Cold - Self Titled (signed by whole band)

Eagles of Death Metal - Zipper Down (signed by Josh and Jesse)

Dog Fashion Disco - Anarchists of Good Taste (signed by whole band)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wildest dreams came true last night, and I got these fully signed by MBV. I can't think of anything I'd rather have autographed. Even crazier is that afterwards Debbie and Colm had me come down into their green room (except it was black ;)), got me a beer, and let me hang around with them (the whole band, Kevin and Bilinda too). Being around Kevin especially was surreal.  After saying how I loved the show so much I'd drive 7 hours to their Chicago shows this weekend, Debbie put me on the guest list. Headed there tomorrow morning for more mind melting sonic waves this weekend. Someone pinch me.

 

oqidxfrl.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluescreenlife said:

My wildest dreams came true last night, and I got these fully signed by MBV. I can't think of anything I'd rather have autographed. Even crazier is that afterwards Debbie and Colm had me come down into their green room (except it was black ;)), got me a beer, and let me hang around with them (the whole band, Kevin and Bilinda too). Being around Kevin especially was surreal.  After saying how I loved the show so much I'd drive 7 hours to their Chicago shows this weekend, Debbie put me on the guest list. Headed there tomorrow morning for more mind melting sonic waves this weekend. Someone pinch me.

 

oqidxfrl.png

Please tell me that isn’t the Plain Recordings reissue of Loveless..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×