Screaming Trees - Clairvoyance (signed by whole band)

Pearl Jam - Ten (signed by whole band)

Hole - Live Through This (signed by whole band)

Candlebox - Disappearing in Airports (signed by whole band)

Mark Lanegan - Bad Mark Does Christmas (signed by Mark)

Deadpool - Soundtrack (signed by Junkie XL)

Monkees - Greatest Hits (signed by Davy Jones & Micky Dolenz)

Staind - 14 Shades of Grey (CD, signed by whole band)

Staind - Tormented (CD, signed by whole band)

14 minutes ago, psus2h said:

I'm curious, when having an album signed, does it have to be the lineup on that specific album, or the current line up.  For example. If you met Metallica and had the black album signed, would you want Rob to sign it, even though he didn't perform on that album?

Totally depends on the person. I have a couple records signed by guys that didn't record on the album, but they play it every night. I didn't see any harm being done by that since I'll never sell them anyways. For certain records I would want the original lineup, for others I don't mind

Edited by Han Solo

35 minutes ago, psus2h said:

I'm curious, when having an album signed, does it have to be the lineup on that specific album, or the current line up.  For example. If you met Metallica and had the black album signed, would you want Rob to sign it, even though he didn't perform on that album?

I would say no on that one. Only the members who were part of the band would sign the album.

Other option would be to get a newer album signed which included the new member(s).

Forgot to post this one, saw Brian Wilson perform Pet Sounds a couple months ago, and was able to get a copy signed by Al Jardine, another original Beach Boy. I missed Brian by about 5 minutes though so I was pretty bummed about that. Who knows when/if I'll get that chance again.

4dMQahm.jpg

17 hours ago, psus2h said:

Interesting how some artists react to these requests.

I had the Dandy Warhols sign an old 7", and Brent DeBoer asked if he could sign the back since he didn't play on it.

I had Mikey Welsh sign a copy of Weezer's blue album when they were touring before the green album came out. He signed right over Matt Sharp's face.

I can one-up that. I did a VIP meet/greet with Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins a couple weeks ago, at his tea shop north of Chicago. Have loved the band since I was 10 (I'm 25). Paid near $300 to be there, and there were maybe 15 people. Asked him to sign my OG orange Siamese Dream, always wanted it autographed. He said no, because if he signs one, he has to sign everyone's. "Everyone's" being a handful of diehard fans, some of whom traveled long distances to Chicago (one from Denver, another from North Carolina, me from Minneapolis) and paid a wad of money to see him play some acoustic covers for probably less than 45 minutes. Nope, too much work. Even though he had a bunch of signed albums on the shop's website for $200 each, $300 for the Mellon Collie or Aeroplane Flies High box set. Really pissed me off. 

4 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I can one-up that. I did a VIP meet/greet with Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins a couple weeks ago, at his tea shop north of Chicago. Have loved the band since I was 10 (I'm 25). Paid near $300 to be there, and there were maybe 15 people. Asked him to sign my OG orange Siamese Dream, always wanted it autographed. He said no, because if he signs one, he has to sign everyone's. "Everyone's" being a handful of diehard fans, some of whom traveled long distances to Chicago (one from Denver, another from North Carolina, me from Minneapolis) and paid a wad of money to see him play some acoustic covers for probably less than 45 minutes. Nope, too much work. Even though he had a bunch of signed albums on the shop's website for $200 each, $300 for the Mellon Collie or Aeroplane Flies High box set. Really pissed me off. 

Can't help feeling, he is a bit of a douche.

I usually only get the band members who played on the record to sign an album. I've made exceptions on occasion. When Funeral for a Friend released their album "Memory and Humanity," their old bass player Gareth left shortly afterwards. When they played in L.A., I got the album signed by the entire band including their new bassist, Gavin, AND by Gareth, who was living in the Vegas at the time and drove down to see the band. I'm kind of hoping that my copy is the only one signed by both the bassist who played on the record and the bassist who toured the record.

Odd signatures I have -

Dads - American Radass LP - First time I took it to get signed I missed the drummer, so took again the next time I saw them for him to sign.  Well the guitar player asked why he couldn't sign it, to which I said he already had.  He said no problem, I'll just sign it again.  So now he has signed it twice.

Kings of Leon Tour Poster - Ages ago when seeing them at a bar I handed them a poster to sign and they were passing it around members to sign and then they handed it back....at some point some random guy also signed it.  Stupid shit head.

Chris Benoit - I have an autographed card from him.  Think it's the only autograph I have from a murderer.

On December 7, 2016 at 11:29 AM, stl_ben said:

Odd signatures I have -

Dads - American Radass LP - First time I took it to get signed I missed the drummer, so took again the next time I saw them for him to sign.  Well the guitar player asked why he couldn't sign it, to which I said he already had.  He said no problem, I'll just sign it again.  So now he has signed it twice.

Kings of Leon Tour Poster - Ages ago when seeing them at a bar I handed them a poster to sign and they were passing it around members to sign and then they handed it back....at some point some random guy also signed it.  Stupid shit head.

Chris Benoit - I have an autographed card from him.  Think it's the only autograph I have from a murderer.

Off topic, but your Dads story reminds me of when I had Dave Eggers sign my copy of A Heartbreaking Work. I have the version with Mistakes We Knew We Were Making on the reverse (back cover, upside down), so I thought I'd have him sign both sides, but he forgot my name when he flipped it over, so one side is signed to me "at last we meet", and the flip side is signed to "Matt" (not my name) "and now we meet again". 

Another shirt autograph story,  I was going to see Chuck Berry so I took his autobiography with me to try and get it signed after the show. I had bought the book at a yard sale and as I was walking up to him I opened it up onl to find the previous owner had already had it signed!

• 8 months later...

Nice thread!

I've been 10 years working as a music journalist so I've collected good signed things in these last decade. Most of them are signed in person. 

Chris Cornell - Euphoria Morning (signed twice, its my favourite album)
Chris Cornell - Higher Truth

Ryan Adams - Ryan Adams (signed by Ryan)

Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation ... (signed by Chuck D and DJ Lord)

The National - Trouble Will Find Me (signed by all band)

Fender Stratocaster - signed by Synyster Gates Of Avenged Sevenfold, all members of Band Of Horses and the trio of Biffy Clyro

Sharon Van Etten - Are We There 

RATM - RATM (signed by Morello)

Audioslave - Audioslave (signed by Morello)

Thrice - Illusion Of Safety (insert signed by all the band)
Agnes Obel - Aventine
METZ - I (signed by all the band)

Ty Segall - Manipulator (signed by Ty)

Noah Gundersen - Carry The Ghost (signed by Noah)

The Head And The Heart-  The Head And The Heart (signed by Josiah and Jon)

Switchfoot - Where The Light Shines Through (signed by all the band) 

Cigarettes After Sex - Cigarettes After Sex (signed by Greg)

Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time (signed by Ben)

Band Of Horses - Mirage Rock (signed by Ben)

Band Of Horses - Mirage Rock Testpressing (signed by all the band)

Joshua James - From The Top Of The Willamette Mountain (signed by Joshua)
Sera Cahoone - From Where I Started (signed by Sera)

Sam Outlaw - Angeleno 
Sean Rowe - Mad Man

Matthew Mayfield - Now You're Free 
Alberta Cross - Alberta Cross (signed by Petter)

Benjamon Booker - Witness (poster signed)

Edited by dynabcn

On 12/6/2016 at 10:11 PM, bluescreenlife said:

He is the worst.

Some of my favorite signed albums:

Fugazi- Fugazi EP by Ian 

Bon Iver- Bon Iver by the current touring lineup

The Fountain OST- signed Clint Mansell

Fleet Foxes- Helplessness Blues by the current lineup 

Cursive- The Ugly Organ by Tim Kasher

Baby Driver OST by Edgar Wright 

Dillinger Escape Plan- One of us is the Killer by the lineup at the time 

Records:

Like Pacific - Like Pacific // Signed by Luke, Tay and Jordan

Hawthorne Heights - Skeletons // Signed by JT Woodruff

Dreamers - This Album Does Not Exist (Test Press) // Signed by the whole band

Neck Deep - Wishful Thinking // Signed by original lineup

Hawthorne Heights - Hurt // Signed by JT, Matt and Mark

Movements - Outgrown Things // Signed by Pat

White Wives - Indian summer, Indian summer // Signed by the whole band

And not that anyone asked, but

Tapes:

Hawthorne Heights - Hurt // Signed by the whole band

Knuckle Puck - While I Stay Secluded // Signed by the whole band

Knuckle Puck - While I Stay Secluded // Signed by 4/5 of the band

nothing,nowhere. - Bummer / Who Are You? // Signed

CDs: 

Skillet - Collide // Signed by the whole band

Milestones - Equal Measure // Signed by Matt

Wade Williams - The Very First Time // Signed by Wade

Get Scared - Everyone's Out To Get Me

Jacky Vincent - Star X Speed Story // Signed by Jacky

Crown The Empire - The Resistance: Rise of The Runaways // Signed by the whole 2014 lineup -1

Northbound - Death of A Slug // Signed by Jon