PO: FVNERALS - Wounds 12" LP (from The Native Sound)

v600_ALBUM_ART.jpg

v600_IMG_8109.JPG

v600_IMG_8108.JPG

Based in Glasgow, FVNERALS are a band that exist on the fringes of doom, post-rock, shoegaze and dark ambience. In the tradition of Earth, and contemporaries such as True Widow and King Woman, FVNERALS meticulously meld soundscapes both ethereal and oppressive. 

Formed in 2013 in the south coast town of Brighton, FVNERALS have since released two EPs (‘The Hours’ and ‘The Path’) and their highly moving, and haunting debut LP ‘The Light’. After touring the UK and Europe and relocating to Glasgow, the band regrouped early this year to record their second album, ‘Wounds’. While it is certainly a progression from their debut album, ‘Wounds’ perfects the crushing doom of their previous work. More than ever, bassist/ vocalist Tiffany Strom’s voice is on full display as it evokes a unique poignancy that drives the band through seven emotionally devastating tracks.

‘Wounds’ will be released on October 14th by The Native Sound (USA) and Golden Antenna Records (EU). Digital downloads available at Bandcamp.

Tracks

1. Void
  2. Wounds
  3. Shiver
  4. Teeth
  5. Crown
  6. Antlers
  7. Where
Pressing Information

100 – White with Black Haze • 180-Gram (The Native Sound Exclusive)
100 – White A Side / Black B Side • 180-Gram (Golden Antennas Exclusive)
500 – Black • 180-Gram

http://thenativesound.limitedrun.com/products/576753-fvnerals-wounds

7 hours ago, ephemeral said:

I love when shipping is just as much as the vinyl to Canada

Yeah, I wish it wasn't so expensive... Sorry man :(

10 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

New noise have premiered the first song from this Shiver (That's actually supposed to be a v Tommy)

http://newnoisemagazine.com/song-premiere-fvnerals-shiver/#

Damn good stuff.

Glad you like it! Thanks for the support

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that this is out today!

Vinyl is in and shipping! Listen/ order here: https://fvnerals.bandcamp.com/album/wounds

Noisey: "an album that is both heart-wrenching and imposing in its weight... With each of the seven songs exploring suffering in so many forms, it's to be expected that even the greyscale universe of Wounds will have moments of sharp, bright expression. FVNERALS touches upon many key elements of doom metal and even shoegaze at times without ever yielding control of the atmosphere".

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Mine arrived today.  I don't get around to it until tomorrow probably, real excited for it!  Fall is the perfect time of year for this.

So glad yours came in! 

A note for everyone else: Less than 10 copies of our exclusive variant left (Milky Clear w/ Black Haze).

• 2 weeks later...