PO UP: Mae - (m)(a)(e)

Limited first pressing on Transparent Bright Yellow, Transparent Orange, Aqua Blue. SOLD OUT
*The first pressing sold out in a matter of minutes and 200 additional copies were made available for a total of 500.
*Number of copies capped at 750.

Limited second pressing:

Second pressing limited to 500 copies:

• Yellow Smoke, Orange Smoke, Aqua Blue Smoke

IMG_9367.JPG
ii_15a1af4465fd55ce.png

2008 was a difficult and pivotal year for MAE. After the release of Singularity, two members of the band left as we also parted ways with our record label. Figuring out the why and how to our future were real questions with undetermined answers. The love and passion to create music had never died but a resurrection was necessary as was a new beginning.

2009 became the year of redemption. Redefining success was a long but evident process as the focus became no longer on ticket sales and Soundscan numbers but on social impact, building community, and meeting people in need. 

Every month during 2009 MAE released a new song exclusively through our website and used 100% of digital download proceeds to partner with charities, organizations, and people with various needs. 

Eventually three EPs, (m)orning(a)fternoon, and (e)vening materialized with these collections of songs plus previously unreleased material.

In some ways we always thought of these songs as one larger body of work and hoped to someday share that with our fans.

Today we bring you (m)(a)(e).

(m)(a)(e) is the remixed, remastered, and reimagined trilogy of EPs from our 2009 non-profit charitable campaign in a never before released 3xLP format. 

To celebrate this release, we are making a limited edition triple 12 inch vinyl available for pre-order purchase along with an immediate download of the brand new (m)(a)(e). Only 750 copies of this variant will ever be made. 

As the future became brighter and brighter for MAE during 2009, the need for rest also became apparent. Our season of rest is now over and the time has come for something brand new. We look forward to sharing our future with you!

Until then,

-Dave, Jacob & Zach

#longlivemae

1. Good (M)orning
  2. The Fisherman Song (We All Need Love)
  3. The House That Fire Built
  4. Boomerang - Two Birds
  5. A Melody, A Memory
  6. Night Day
  7. Over And Over
  8. The Fight Song (Crash and Burn)
  9. In Pieces
  10. The Cure
  11. Falling Into You
  12. Communication - (A)fternoon In Eden
  13. A Quiet (E)vening - Bloom
  14. I Just Needed You To Know
  15. My Favorite Dream
  16. Sleep Well - Good (E)vening
  17. Seasons
Edited by SpazzyMcGee

Just now, Shitty Rambo said:

I was kind of kinda over scene music when this album came out. Is it worth checking out now? 

It's definitely not scene compared to stuff like taking back Sunday and the used. It's more like Copeland, really pretty and poppy emo Rock. I think anyone could enjoy it front to back. 

32 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

where's that Everglow reissue they're talking about

18 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I was kinda over scene music when this album came out. Is it worth checking out now? 

I finally got around to listening to The Everglow earlier this year... what a fantastic album!

10 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

Can't wait for this! Someone mentioned it'd be sweet to see this pressed as a 3x10" on here probably a couple years ago and I've been wanting it ever since.

Might have been me ;)

If you looking around the internet, Dave, make it happen! It would totally work!

3 different colors, c'mon!

34 minutes ago, combatchuckaa said:

Finally.  Interesting to see how they're removing some of the intro/outro tracks though to make it all fit on to a 2xLP.  And Seasons seems to be an asterisk...hoping that finds its way to wax somehow, as well.

I really hope Seasons can have a place on the record. Was surprised myself to see some of those tracks taken off.

Also, the song Over and Over is the last song on Side B and goes with (A)fternoon and on Side C, there is a "short version" of (A)fternoon in Eden which closes out that ep..very interesting..

2 minutes ago, hippielauryn said:

Nice! I'm also wondering what the hell happened to that Everglow reissue that was supposed to happen? Would have been nice to do a 10 Year release, but maybe it's in the works and they couldn't get it out fast enough? Who knows....

The test presses got approved about 3 weeks ago and the label posted some artwork in an Instagram story like artwork, center labels, etc. (no longer up though)

35 minutes ago, hippielauryn said:

Nice! I'm also wondering what the hell happened to that Everglow reissue that was supposed to happen? Would have been nice to do a 10 Year release, but maybe it's in the works and they couldn't get it out fast enough? Who knows....

I'm sure the first of 10-15 different variants /100 is coming very soon.  

The email they sent out about it said: "After over two years of working behind the scenes, we're proud to announce that Mae's The Everglow will be returning to vinyl later this year. We've got some very cool stuff planned, so sign up to be notified when pre-orders become available...and spread the word!"

So yeah, anyone's guess as to when later this year actually is but I'd guess closer to November and the holidays since the pre-order isn't even up yet.

• 4 weeks later...