PO UP: Mae - (m)(a)(e)

5 minutes ago, SpazzyMcGee said:

Mae's twitter, " Holy smokes! We've already sold through 300 copies of (m)(a)(e) vinyl, so we're making 200 more. Grab one fast! "

And then two months later, the third pressing

EDIT: holy shit I thought you were joking, didn't realize that actually happened haha

Edited by RhoBearToe

2 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

The remix/remaster sounds great.  Makes me want to go back and listen to the original to compare...one of my most prized music pieces is a set of three of the original, single-disc versions of these EPs.  The ones in DVD-length cases that are scratch-and-sniff CDs.  

Dude, for a quick comparison listen to the last half of Bloom from '09 then the new one, got goosebumps. Lots to listen to, sounds like a amped up every great part while adding complementing  sounds. Would love if they talked about the differences between the two versions.

Love those DVDs, ended up only getting (e)vening, great memories.

RE: the price

They (seems to be the band and not a label) put a lot of effort into this, and its not just a cash grab to where they could've used the files from the original recordings... so while there is the little bit of sticker shock, I had no problem paying it to support them. Dave and the guys deserve it!

1 minute ago, nardes said:

RE: the price

They (seems to be the band and not a label) put a lot of effort into this, and its not just a cash grab to where they could've used the files from the original recordings... so while there is the little bit of sticker shock, I had no problem paying it to support them. Dave and the guys deserve it!

Yeah exactly.  They clearly paid to have some excellent work done to update these tracks...and you know this isn't Spartan Records because the original ad on their page listed Cell Records, Mae's label.  So happy to have secured a copy of this!

One thing that always bugs me about this site is that there is a non stop complaint about the price of records. It's time to face the facts that records are going to continue to trend at $25 for single LP's and upwards of $50 for special pressings like this one. With demand comes inflation. A lot of the increase in price boils down to the cost of pressing a record in an industry where everyone wants to press records. Until more pressing factories open demand outweighs the cost to press a quality record like this one. 

5 minutes ago, drawcody said:

Side note, their site now shows 750 will be pressed. 

Not trying to be "that guy" and I bought it because I love the band and these EPs and the music is first and foremost the deciding factor...

...But the $50 price tag was partially justified because the record was limited. This factors in, at least for me, when I purchase overpriced records.

Kinda bummed that they're just gonna keep milking this and raising the number. Like, it's not exactly what we all paid for at noon today.

Just an idle thought. 

Edited by Kanye West