PO UP: Mae - (m)(a)(e)

On 10/5/2016 at 2:33 PM, mmhmm said:

Yeah exactly.  They clearly paid to have some excellent work done to update these tracks...and you know this isn't Spartan Records because the original ad on their page listed Cell Records, Mae's label.  So happy to have secured a copy of this!

My credit card post for this says Spartan Records

Not sure if this is cool to request or not, but I'm a little short on cash for the time being, does anyone have a twenty dollar bill they can give me? Andrew Jackson means a lot to me and I'd love to be able to honor his legacy by spending paper monies bearing his visage.

Edited by unknown pleasures

• 4 months later...

Release a more limited, more attractive variant after all the hardcore fans have already dumped a ton of money on that 1st press.   Pretty lame if you ask me.  I didn't buy this but that's just annoying for any big fan.  The new description doesn't mention if it's on a white or clear base.  If it's on a white, these will likely not come out great. 

No way am I switching to the new variant.  Looks like it'll be on white vinyl and odds are it'll sound like crappy crap.

/cue the one guy who always says there's nothing wrong with white vinyl.

No way am I switching to the new variant.  Looks like it'll be on white vinyl and odds are it'll sound like crappy crap.

2 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Smoke is almost always pressed on transparent vinyl. I'd bargain this is the same, with the yellow/orange/blue smoke being laid on three clear records. You can kinda see through the first one in the mockup, which is a good sign.

1 hour ago, deer said:

Smoke is almost always pressed on transparent vinyl. I'd bargain this is the same, with the yellow/orange/blue smoke being laid on three clear records. You can kinda see through the first one in the mockup, which is a good sign.

Not worth it to me. Watch, this'll be the one time it's not on clear :)

6 hours ago, mmhmm said:

You can say that again

Out of curiosity, I messaged Mae last night asking for clarification on the variant.  Here's what I got...

It’s on a clear base.  It’s hard to say how this “smoke” effect will translate with the colors chosen.  We’re crossing our fingers and hoping for the best!

-MAE