looking for lo-fi

hey there vinyl friends. i've been on a bit of a lo-fi binge however most of the grpups i've come across only release their stuff as digital and on tape. as much as i like tapes i'm still partial to vinyl so i figured i'd throw this post to the void and see if anyone knows of any good lo-fi bands that put their stuff out on vinyl. thanks in advance. 

The thought of desiring Lo-Fi style of production - on vinyl - instead of other lower fidelity media is ... thought-provoking. The artwork? The storage? It can't be for higher fidelity of the lower fidelity production, or can it? I'm getting an Excedrin migraine.

You like early Liz Phair? 

I would go to Pandora, find the bands you like, and it will find similar bands, and if you like one, it will find bands like that one. It will find great bands who are still in garage or basement in high school that sound incredible, and lo-fi. The rabbit trails are endless. You might not emerge for 2 or 3 weeks. Happened to me when I first discovered Pandora, and you will find out why it is so named. It was pretty amazing. And dangerous. Don't know if it's still that good, but it saved all my playlists.

i'm using the term lo-fi as a genre as in music that is recorded in not the best quality, a lot of these bands do it on purpose for ambience, I don't know what else I'd call it. thanks for the couple suggestions I'll definitely look into them. didn't think of pandora but I'll try that. 

Salvia Palth.

http://www.ozonarecords.limitedrun.com/products/560734-salvia-palth-melanchole-lp

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness 

Thats a great buy for vinyl because the album has a different (and way better) sound on vinyl than digital. Totally worth the somewhat high price.

Edited by aron4174

7 hours ago, aron4174 said:

Have A Nice Life - Deathconsciousness 

Thats a great buy for vinyl because the album has a different (and way better) sound on vinyl than digital. Totally worth the somewhat high price.

Their newer album is great too and you can grab it for under $20. 

I've heard Portishead called 'lo-fi'. All their albums are good and last I checked reasonably priced.

Maybe My Blood Valentine? I haven't looked for a copy of Loveless in a while, and I know their newest album was a bit pricey when it was first released (hence why I skipped).

Or maybe Boris, if you want heavier stuff? Don't buy an album blind though. Every Boris albums is different, so you might not like them all. 

Dunno, I'm not entirely sure what counts as lo-fi. A lot of metal bands will lean towards more gritty and less polished production... is that lo-fi?

Not sure if everyone on this thread knows what lo-fi is (PORTISHEAD?!?!?)..... But if your tastes skew indie, check out Car Seat Headrest.

https://carseatheadrest.bandcamp.com/music

The new album on Matador is a lot more "polished" but still has that nice rock band grit. But his early self-released albums are quite good... and VERY lo-fi. Almost to the point where I wish he'd go back and re-record some of them with a bigger budget, but if you like GBV or Daniel Johnston, this is right down your alley.

Best lo-fi albums are Twin Fantasy and Nervous Young Man. YMMV.