Secret Santa 2016 - The Unisex Edition

18 hours ago, controlthebleeding said:

Lauren's vouching for everyone.. lol. 

i don't know any of you. :( and i do this thing every year.. i'm such a recluse. 

only one more vouch and a address change and we'll start PMing everyone. 

also, if anyone is up for friending me on Facebook so they could get ahold of me easier..name is "Mike Ctb Santos" on Facebook. my pic is an eye. 

awwww we love you mike! 

i really only know a handful of people from way back when i used to post in small talk. good peeps.

and yeah! if anyone wants to bug me on facebook...have at it. https://www.facebook.com/lauren.deluca.54

Edited by themeconspiracy

Yeah, I barely know anyone anymore. D: I hardly ever have time to use this site much these days. And I don't really have the money to stalk the boards for pre-orders. Haha. But I still love this place and can't miss out on SS. This is like my fifth year in a row or something. 

W00t! Let's get this party started!

I'm Manish, 35, and living in the Bay Area. I work at telltale games, and I DJ and volunteer at KALX Berkeley.

My musical tastes range. Though, I tend to stay on the heavier side of punk/Metal, but I do have a soft spot for old RnB, Funk, soul, blues, and 80's Hip Hop (My collection is lacking a lot of this stuff so I'm always on the lookout to expand that way). Check out my Discogs page for more. 

Visually, I'm a bit of a sci-fi and cartoon fan. Been spending a lot of time watching 80's Transformers, Firefly, Simpsons, Futurama, Batman. 

I'm a sucker for lego, board/card games, puzzles, and sometimes action figures. 

As far as things I'd be interested in. Maybe a copy of your favorite book of the year. I haven't had a chance to read much and am interested in seeing what got released that was moving, fun, thought provoking, etc. Also a mix of your fav songs of the year or an album of your favorite local artist or if you are in a band, your band's latest release. (Hell I am a radio DJ, If you're lucky, I may play it on the air) Other than that really whatever you want to throw in there will be appreciated. 

Favorite color.. Dark purple.

everyone on my secret santa super squad has been PMed with their recipient's info!

mike is sending his out as well and everyone should have their info shortly.

feel free to start posting your About Me's so your santas can start coming up with awesome ideas for your gifts ;)

Oh, I see, this is how it works.

I'm James, 32, Florida. 

I love music, if I'm breathing, I'm usually listening to something. My tastes are quite varied, but some of my favorite bands are Thursday, Coheed, Steven Wilson/Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Hidden Hospitals, etc. Here's my ever growing vinyl collection: https://www.discogs.com/user/The_James_Champ/collection

I love movies, between my lady and I, we have somewhere around 800 movies in our collection. I like action figures, graphic novels, books, I'm pretty easy when you think about it. I prefer superhero comics, and I'm a sucker for anything Green Lantern related, but also enjoy the occasional horror comic as well. I love sci fi and horror books as well, one of my favorite authors is Stephen King.

Well, I think that's about it. 

Edited by THE_James_Champ

Getting a jump on this...

My name is Zach, I'm just shy of 30 years young, and I live north of Houston, Texas. I'm an analytical chemist and am currently working as a field service engineer for a company that makes fancy lab instrumentation, so I'm constantly on the go, in and around the Houston area. I have two cats, a maine coon named Archimedes, and a dilute calico named Kairi. I am also the father of two crazy cool little 9 month old girls named Isabelle and Zoey, and my wife is currently a stay-at-home mom.

Music: I've been really into instrumental/ambient/electronic/noise stuff lately and unfortunately my trade list isn't very up to date, or a very good majority representation of the style of music that I'm into. I'll list VC user Derek as my reference--he'd definitely have some good recommendations. Stuff similar to William Basinski, Stars of the Lid, Kyle Bobby Dunn, Eluvium, A Winged Victory for the Sullen, and Max Richter (I think I have those all covered though)... Arms & Sleepers (anything but Cinematique), Ancients - Star Showers on the Euphrates, anything by Dustin O'Halloran except Piano Solos Vol 2 or Lumber, Eluvium/Jesu split, anything by Helios except Eingya, anything by Johann Johannsson except the soundtracks for Prisoners & The Theory of Everything, Nils Frahm - Screws. Sonic Pieces, Erased Tapes, Denovali releases, or really anything in the same vein of modern classical/ambient/instrumental goodness. Hopefully this gets you going in the right direction. I'll try to get my list updated better.

Film and Television: I'm a big fan of Criterion release blu-rays or good art-house films. Here's my collection for an idea of what I'm into: https://www.criterion.com/my_criterion/93879-batmanofbaylor/collection

I'm also really into Hayao Miyazaki animated films and anime series such as Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Wolf's Rain, and Eureka Seven. Favorite TV series are Lost, Twin Peaks, The Leftovers, Game of Thrones, and the newer Battlestar Galactica.

Video games: I'm hugely addicted to the Dark Souls series (namely Dark Souls 1). Favorite characters are Artorias/Sif and Solaire. Also a big fan of Final Fantasy (X and before). 4, 7, and 8 are probably my favorites.

Drinks: We use our expresso machine pretty much every morning and love trying coffee from local shops all over. I'm a big fan of dark beers--stouts, porters, and anything aged in bourbon barrels.

Hope this helps, please have the mod contact me if you have any questions or need anymore info!

Took this from last year and updated:

Hi! My name is Shane! I'm a big football fan and love the Carolina Panthers. I go to Old Dominion University and graduated with my Bachelor's Degree last December. I just started my Master's program there this semester. My favorite movie is The Dark Knight and my favorite superhero is Batman. I'm also a HUGE HUGE HUGE Star Wars fan. My amazing husky is named Kylo. I collect Star Wars Funko Pop vinyl and have a decent collection (see my signature for the link to my collection green=have white=need). I've also started collecting Harry Potter POP vinyl and currently have a complete collection. I have some various other ones like random Batman ones I like and such. (I will update my list with what I have in case you see something sweet) My favorite band is Fall Out Boy. I go to every concert in the area that I can when they come. I am currently trying to variant collect for them (right now focusing on full length LPs) (they can also be seen in my signature). I am also seeking to get every cd booklet signed by them for an idea I have for my Fall Out Boy wall. 
I'm trying to keep my want list up to date and will keep adding as I think of stuff. But it's pretty small right now. My have list is mostly up to date so I am okay with you filling in a blank you see. (I will fill in my preorders too) Or just have fun with this. Please have fun with this. 
I think that about sums up my life.

My itty bitty always changing Want List

My everlasting HAVE list

(Since I can't add anymore URLs to my signature)
Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

Oh and I love Jennifer Lawrence

Like seriously.... I love her. Can you pack her in a box for me?

Edited by himynameisShane

Ok, here''s mine:

Hi, my name is mike. I'm old. I enjoy TV shows. Favorite recent shows are The Goldbergs, Blackish, Gotham, and The Voice. I'm a big Law & Order junkie. I've been keeping up with SVU since it started (yes that long). Criminal Intent is my least favorite, but still great. Favorite movies are Caddyshack, Coming to America, Monty Python & The Holy Grail, and Ladies Man. I quote them regularly. I enjoy football and music. Music, i'm all over the place. I buy records of all kinds. But mostly punk and metal. Favorite band is Boston, but Elvis Costello and The Replacements are my alternatives. I play guitar and am a fan of Orange amplifiers. I collect memorabilia from everything listed above. I rarely read anymore, but still avidly enjoy Bukowski.

Personally, i'm a quirky dude, i like stupid humor and like buying quirky stuff (mass murderer cards/band pins/movie memorabilia and art). If you need any more info, have someone else ask me. I have a disheveled mess of things i enjoy. 

hope this helps

mike 

Edited by controlthebleeding

Updated post from last year:

I'm Marc - 29 (30 in November). Former upstate New Yorker now living in Florida and entering my 9th year of working in radio. I have my own weekly alt/punk show and I co-host a podcast covering entertainment/nerdy stuff.

I keep my tradelist up to date on a consistent basis.

https://deadformat.net/collection/marc32137

Favorite Bands- Weezer, Descendents, Blink, Frank Turner, IIOI.

Favorite movies - This Is Spinal Tap, Back To The Future, Clerks, Star Wars.

TV - The Simpsons, The Office, Rick and Morty, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, The Flash.

Other random facts:

I enjoy playing guitar, going to shows and cons, video games (PS4), comic books, and collect LEGO and Funko POP.

I drive a 2015 Kia Soul.

I see we are giving out real names... To some I am Rob and I am also old.I really dig a lot of older 80's Hardcore, Punk, Post Punk, Non-cheesy metal, but there has been an excellent crop of new bands killing it, especially in DC and the UK. Some of my random favorites: Mission of Burma, Gang of Four, Life's Blood, Lifetime, GVSB, Greyhouse, Joy Division, Killing Joke, Milemarker, Baroness, Roky Erickson, Hot Water Music, Small Brown Bike, Murder By Death, Motorhead, Ringworm, Metallica, Dag Nasty, Bad Brains, Modern Lovers, Thin Lizzy, Yuppicide, Cro-Mags, Iron Maiden, Celtic Frost, among other. Like most sane people i like Star Wars, and Game of Thrones Battlestar Galacitca, The Expanse Series, Evil Dead, Lost, Margret Atwood, Margritte, Hiroshige, iced tea, carbs, any day i can wear shorts... I like nature. I like being outside. I like going outside and finding snakes, salamanders, fish, beetles, moths and whatever else i come across. Out of the blue, i started reading some new comics, including Saga, Descender, Harrow County, Cry Havoc, Paper Girls, etc.This may not be the most helpful, but i am easy to please. easy-peasy if you will.

Now it's pouring rain and my basement is probably flooding. i dont like flooded basements.

Welp, giving this a shot!

Hey cuties, I am Dea :) I'll be 24 as of next week, and I currently am located in the US' Canada, or the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where the deer outnumber people. I'm between jobs in the civil engineering field right now, so I'm making ends meet with the glamorous job of pizza slinging. During university, I was the general manager and PR/Graphic Design director for our college station, WMTU, and still try to reach out in the case that I can help book a band or two, or fill in a show if I get the chance to visit. I recently became an aunt 3 months ago to the chubbiest little boy (and dog-aunt even more recently!), and between spending time at work or with my dude, he takes up all my free time, because he's the best. I also LOVE traveling (air, road trips, train, you name it!)

Like most of you, my music tastes are pretty varied and eclectic. This past year, I've been trying to delve more into post-rock/instrumental/experimental bands, and have found I really love te, pg. lost, ITTCT, Toundra, toe, etc. Additionally, some favorite artists include David Bowie, Murder by Death, mewithoutYou, Caspian, Sigur Ros, Tom Waits, La Dispute, Prince, Doomtree, Baths, Portugal. The Man (more their older material), Touche Amore, and The xx. Definitely open to broadening my horizons, though, and am up to check out any sort of genre! I try to keep my deadformat updated, however I never kept up with making a Wantlist :( If needed, I can rectify that situation!

Media: I used to read quite a bit, and still try to find time for occasional books like The Gunslinger, Devil in the White City, and recently The Girl on the Train. Audiobooks from Audible have been a nice treat when at work, as well as podcasts like Lore and Sword and Scale.

Film and Television: The Twilight Zone, Peaky Blinders, The Killing, The X-Files, It's Always Sunny, Breaking Bad, Shameless, The Munsters, Twin Peaks, Game of Thrones, Penny Dreadful, and Homicide Hunter. As far as movies, I don't have a specific area I like, however I'm not a huge fan of big budget super hero action flicks. Some favorites include There Will Be Blood, The Machinist, Frank, Nightcrawler, The Shining, Spirited Away, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Jurassic Park, and Black Swan.

Other tidbits:

-I love tiny things. Mini-anything is pretty much guaranteed to make my day

-I'm not a huge fan of bringing it up when it's possibly unnecessary, but I am a vegetarian, and I love cooking and trying out new recipes :D

-I like staying active. Hiking, yoga, running. I skateboard in summer and snowboard in winter, too!

-I play bass occasionally

-Lil Bub is my cat hero

-Maybe it's dorky, but I love local postcards/magnets, or just local items from places I visit. Small mementos are nice and (hopefully) quirky

Drinks: Coffee. Espresso. Ginger Beer. Dark beer. Whiskey. Apple Cider (think more juice, not alcohol).  All are great!

Hope this helps, and good luck to all of us! :)

Edited by chkadea

my name is andrew and i live outside philadelphia. some of my favorite bands are the loved ones/dave hause, gaslight anthem/horrible crowes/brian fallon, holy mess, bouncing souls, alkaline trio, kid dynamite, unwritten law,  the lawrence arms/falcon, tim barry/avail, the menzingers, red city radio, the scandals, . im a huge fan of pop punk, raspy vocals, 90s skate punk and "woahs". i love onyx's first album and similar rap from the early to mid 90's.

i like buying beer koozies of bands i listen too
i work in a restaurant so by the time i get home i rarely feel like doing anything. my nights are usually watching the shows my girlfriend wants to watch and then its usually espn or random sitcoms while im on the computer.

i listen to music all day while im at work and am always looking for something new to add to the rotation.

i recently found an old box of old action figures from the mid 80s to early 90s (dc/marvel) and am casually looking for green lanterns lantern. i also love beavis and butthead.

i also really enjoy stand up. i listen to whatever i can find on spotify while i go to bed so anything new is always welcome.

thats all i can think of at the moment. if you want to know anything just have some one ask.

Let's do this! Copied last year's and edited to be more current...

My name is Juan...or "The Worst Admin/Mod Ever" depending on who you ask. I'm now old enough to know better. Live in South FloriDUH! (NOT Miami!).

I have a two-year old Chiweenie named JJ who is not only my lil' goober but a joy to have around. If you peep my IG (jhulud), you'll see plenty of pics of her being a goofball.

I'm a sucker for all things Deathwish Inc., Hydra Head, and Initial Records (RIP). Three of my favorite labels. I am currently trying to complete an Initial Records discography of everything they put out.

Big fan of hardcore and metal, especially the 90's midwest HxC stuff from Louisville, KY. Also really into 90's indie/shoegaze/Brit-pop stuff. Lately I've been into a lot of of the newer bands in the newgaze and dreampop scene.

Favorite bands: NINE INCH NAILS, Converge, Shai Hulud, Minus the Bear, Endpoint, Melvins, 27, ISIS (and anything Aaron Turner-related), Mamiffer, White Zombie, just to name a few. I've been peeping to get a lot of new band shirts so that's an option. Size XL.

I've been told I have an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift and Christina Aguilera. And also Carly Rae Jepsen.

I love art and concert prints (yes, even to shows I didn't attend)...some favorite artists are Aaron Horkey, J. Bannon, Florian Bertmer, Tyler Stout, Tom Whalen, and Frank Kozik. But this may not be a good idea since I have way too many already in tubes and can't afford to get them all framed. Plus minimal wall space at home. Oops.

Books: I tend to be all over the place but I rather like music and band-related biographies and the like.

Star Wars, The ALIEN movies, Anime, and horror movies are a constant. Hellraiser in my all-time favorite horror movie. A few favorite TV shows: LOST, Firefly, The Green Hornet (yes, the 60's show), Dexter, Walking Dead, Fringe. I am also all about anything and everything that Studio Ghibli has done.

Looooooove beer of all types and styles. Really dig checking out new brews from different places. I frequent (a lot) some of the local breweries. I usually gravitate towards stouts, IPAs, and porters but never discriminate. Mmmmmm, beer.

My trade list is probably the best way to get an idea of my favorite bands. If anything, there are a few VCers who know me well, can always ask them for ideas.

I'm Jake, a 35 year old Michigander by location, but a NE Ohio guy at heart. I work in the craft beer industry and have for some time. I collect comic books, mostly in trade format these days though due to space. My wife and I purchased a house in December and are still in the process of making it home. We're also huge movie fans and see 4-5 movies a month, usually at Alamo Drafthouse in Kalamazoo. We'll see almost any live show we can, especially comedians. 

https://www.discogs.com/user/murdercityriot trade list - updating it more and more as time allows. 

Hey I'm Eric, I'm 19 and I'm currently in transferring schools at the tail end of my gap year. I currently live in a suburb of Dallas but during the school year in live in Manhattan (Chelsea area) I've spent the past year traveling (not a ton though but enough to justify that statment), working and figuring out what I want to do with my life.

I'm not even going to lie, collecting records has taken a back seat to what is my main hobby now which is buying, selling and collecting designer clothes and streetwear. (If you're honestly interested in this check out /r/supremeclothing to get a general idea of this hobby). I'm also into analog photography and I strictly shoot analog, I also make somber contemporary r&b on the side. As for media I like I love Twin Peaks a lot, it's like my current obsession, um I don't watch too much TV expect Twin Peaks, honestly. I've seen Evangelion all the way though as well. My favorite movies are, The Virgin Suicides, Kids (1995), Mulholland Drive,  Perfect Blue and Masculin Féminin (1966)

Going back to what I said about my collecting becoming a secondary hobby for me, I feel this is important to say as I feel like my record collection is super outdated and it doesn't reflect my current taste, it's mostly just stuff I liked in high school, and while I do I enjoy this stuff now, for the most part it's all stuff I just find alright now with very little of it in my current rotation. (I really hope this made sense). What I'm trying to say is while the collection is me,and I don't detest it's just not me in 2016 I don't like pop punk but I still like some post-hardcore and emo! (Like Title Fight and TWIABPAIANLATD are both great artists to me still!) 

So what kind of music do I like? For the most part I listen to contemporary hip hop so, Young Thug, Lil Uzi Vert, Rae Stremmurd and Playboi Carti to name a few! (I'm not a fan of older hip hop though!) I really love somber and melancholy r&b, so think Partnextdoor and The Weeknd or Tory Lanez's Cruel intentions. I love slow fuzzy dreampop/left field pop influned r&B so think like How To Dress Well's first album, Keaton Henson's Behaving, orJames Blake!! I really like lo-fi and dream-pop music:  Beach House, Julia Brown, stuff like that! I also really, really love slowcore and shoegaze! Bands like Pity Sex, Cigarettes after Sex,  and My Bloody Valentine all have albums fall within my top 20 albums of all time. Also bedroom pop has a special place in my heart so think Orchid Tapes, and artists like Salvia Palth, and Wishing. I also love love French Ye-Ye and 80s JPOP! Also Itallians do it better is an amazing label but I couldn't fit it in naturally

My favorite albums of all time are The Weeknd - Kissland, The Radio Dept. - Passive Aggressive, Kanye West - 808s and Heartbreaks, The Cocteau Twins - Four Calendar Cafe and Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence

Some of my favorite albums this year are the new: Pity Sex, Frank Ocean, Drake, Kanye West, Rae Strummed, Blood Orange and 1975 albums

Edited by Green Tea Papi

YO!  My name is Brian.  I'm 30 and live in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area of Pennsylvania.  When I'm not curating, I work as a material handler lead for a large pharmaceutical company that I wish was Walgreen's .  It's just okay.  When I'm not working, you can find me playing guitar along to Social Distortion songs and I've recently started to skateboard again just in time for the cold weather not ideal for skateboarding!  I also care about politics way too much than I wish I did, but have been getting a real kick out of volunteering this election year (HRC 2016!). 

Before I get to my music likes, I'd like to go into more detail about my personal life.  I've been with my girlfriend for over 4 years we live together with her 9 year old daughter.  I made the switch to the vegan lifestyle over a year ago and it's going great.  I don't play much video games, but I did buy an N64 again semi-recently.  I have about 5 games, but the only one I play is WWF NO MERCY.  I still have to track down those classics like Mario, Goldeneye and Zelda.  A few of my favorite movies are Dazed and Confused, Repo Man and A Clockwork Orange.  I don't watch much TV, but some of my all-time favorites are The Office, Parks And Rec and King Of The Hill.  I love documentaries especially ones about Charles Manson or anything in the true crime genre (the same goes for books).  I also like reading Burroughs, Bukowski and books on punk history.  I really enjoy podcasts by Marc Maron, Dan Savage and Bill Burr.  I can also listen to guys like Henry Rollins, Jello Biafra and John Waters talk forever.

My first loves in music were bands like Blink, NFG and anything Drive-Thru Records related.  I still love all of that, but later on discovered classic punk rock especially L.A. punk like the Germs, X and all of the Dangerhouse bands.  I love singer-songwriters like AIMEE MANN, Billy Bragg and Suzanne Vega.  Out of all that, I still keep up with the current state of things and really enjoy some of the local bands around me like Title Fight, Tigers Jaw and The Menzingers.  Some of my favorites albums that came out this year would be from Tegan And Sara, David Bowie and Sia.

I think that's all I have.  whew!

Woohoo! Intro time! Looking forward to doing shopping and planning. I always look forward to SS every year, even when I'm not on VC much.

So, I'm Kevin. I'm 23, will be 24 by the time the packages get sent out. I'm still in college for creative writing. I've been collecting vinyl since 2011-ish. I've slowed down a lot over the last two years or so, but I still buy the things I really want/need when I can. I've been selling off unnecessary parts of my collection because I recently moved and GOD DAMN that was a pain. So I'm wielding it down to the good stuff, and stuff I know I'll listen to. Quality over quantity and all.

So, I like a lot of different music. Post-hardcore, darker folk, more progress indie, some progressive metal, pop punk, and a decent amount of stuff I don't know how to put into a genre. My favorite bands are Dance Gavin Dance (and a bunch of the bands around them), Circa Survive, Taking Back Sunday, The Dear Hunter, The Wonder Years, Murder by Death, Lydia, and a lot more. 

My favorite TV shows are usually crime/outlaw dramas. And a few other things mixed in. Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Hell on Wheels, Justified, Game of Thrones, Black Sails, Silicon Valley, It's Always Sunny, and plenty more.

My taste in books is random as hell. But I love pulpy crime fiction and dark thrillers. My favorite authors are Cormac McCarthy and Elmore Leonard.

I like whiskey. I don't drink a lot these days, but when I do it's either a nice whiskey. A good cider or the occasional stout.  Bourbon is my favorite but I can get down with most any whiskey as long as it's not, like, Black Velvet or Canadian Mist. :P

I will say that my tradelist is woefully out of date, but I did update my want list with the stuff I'm looking for. I also like band/tour prints and that kinda stuff, especially the bigger ones that I can frame and hang in my house. My living room is lined with them. Haha. Shirt size large. Uh. I'm running out of things to say. :P

Oh, I'm also a video game and tech nerd. I love messing with new and old computer/audio stuff. My favorite game series are Fallout and Kingdom Hearts, hands down. Those are the only two I'm really into past playing them when they come out.

Okay, I'm done! Super stoked to get this goin'.

What's up guys! I'm Bret! Im 28, love my cat more than anything else. Recently relocated from Fairbanks, AK to southern California. I love it here so far! I live like a 5 minute drive from the beach, and a 20 minute drive to Disneyland which is amazing. I fucking love me some Disneyland. I pretty much just sit in my room and watch netflix with my cat if i'm not out shopping for something new I don't need. I love Star Wars and comics and Alabama Football, too. Shirt size L please. Pretty sure I put XL on the form.

Books - Harry Potter, The Perks of Being A Wallflower, Saga (Comic).

Movies - Star Wars, Tarantino, Coen Brothers, Full Metal Jacket, Almost Famous, Labyrinth

Shows - The Office, Rick and Morty, Antiques Roadshow, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Wet Hot American Summer, Freaks and Geeks, Girls, Workaholics, Broad City, Check It Out! With Dr. Steve Brule, Togetherness, Silicon Valley

Music - Touché Amoré, Pity Sex, Chvrches, Kendrick Lamar, Defeater, Basement, Cayetana, Turnover, Whirr, Nothing, Drake, Childish Gambino, The B-52’s, Petal, PWR BTTM, Jenny Lewis, Saves the Day, Hop Along, Waxahatchee, P.S. Eliot, Tacocat. There's so many to list. I'm not a huge fan of the "classics", the way I see it, why waste time listening to them over and over when so many new bands are putting out great music?

Hey everyone!

My name is Ryan. I'm 26 and currently in my last year of Optometry school. I live in the suburbs of Philly even though I don't like the city that much. I love almost all kinds of music with my favorite genres being 90s emo, black metal, and 90s indie/alt rock. I have a full Snowing collection and am working on a full Kinsella brothers collection trying to get one of everything by any band related to them (i.e. Cap'n Jazz, Joan of Arc, Make Believe, Owen etc.) Some of my favorite bands are Cap'n Jazz, American Football, Snowing, Saves the Day, Bosse de Nage, Descendents, Weatherbox, Death, Krallice, Pearl Jam, The Promise Ring, Aphex Twin, Morrissey/The Smiths, Algernon Cadwallader, Japandroids, Sunny Day Real Estate, Jawbreaker, King Diamond, Liars, Owen, Radiohead, Sun Kil Moon/Mark Kozelek, Xiu Xiu. My favorite labels currently are The Flenser, Gilead Media, and Profound Lore. 

I'm also really in horror movies and horror related things. I love 80s horror movies the best, sometimes the cheesier the better. I love to read as well and my favorite authors are Mark Z Danielewski, Ernest Hemingway, and Phillip K Dick. I enjoy comics as well especially ones by Image such as Saga, Sex Criminals, and Paper Girls. I'm a big coffee fan as well and am always looking for new coffees to try!

Here's my tradelist, which should be mostly up to date. I added a general wantlist near the top for stuff I'm currently looking for as well!

Tradelist: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18N9PQqcijQ9zcHGIPWjsUzbOFJocztDUY-14uXHn0h0/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Hey,

Sorry this is late. Didn't know that people were doing these already.

I'm Billy. I am from Philadelphia, but I live/work in NYC now. I'm in grad school studying to be a high school French teacher, so I don't post on here as much as I used to. Most of my time is spend reading about critical pedagogy, so anything that can distract me from that is awesome. That and work take up most of my time, but when I have time to spare I love going to shows, traveling, and, I suppose, traveling to shows. I have made myself broke flying across the country to see my favorite bands more times than once (and met a number of VC folk along the way!) I tend to dig stuff that is regional.

My favorite bands are The Replacements, New Found Glory, Brand New, anything Mike Kinsella-related, Ryan Adams, NOFX, Descendents/ALL, Gaslight Anthem, all the Mark Kozelek projects, The Get Up Kids, Reggie and the Full Effect, and I have a soft spot for 60's pysch/garage rock stuff, post-rock, and punk rock. My taste is all over the place, though! My list will probably give you an idea of most of what I am into.

In addition to records, I also like to collect art stuff, everything from screen prints and posters to small things. I also like to read. I really like Salinger (not just Catcher in the Rye) and Hemminway and also Bukowski and the beat-poet types. I like comics, too. Marvel/DC and non-superhero stuff like Tomine and Clowes. I like movies, too. I am a big fan of Kevin Smith's VIew Askewniverse, Wes Anderson's movies, and most Woody Allen stuff. I love the old stop motion Rankin & Bass movies, and I think that my favorite comedy ever is It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad  World.

Anything else, feel free to have someone ask me. I think that this is fun every year. It's cool getting to see people get creative.

Cheers,

Billy

Edited by billya

hey santa! i just logged in for the first time in almost four months so that i can tell some things about myself! woo! i think i'll be coming back around more now that things are settling down in my life. i still like records and VC, just needed a break. This is the perfect reason to come back.

i'm nic, 28, living in Anaheim, CA. Grew up near here and just moved right next to Disneyland a few weeks ago. It's great so far! I have an almost-two-year-old daughter and a lovely wife and we are all so happy to be in a new place next to one of our favorite places.

One big thing --- I really really reallllyyyy need to update my collection... so the link you were given is sorta useful but also fairly inaccurate. i apologize for that, but this summer and all the moving has made it hard to get that updated. i promise i will do that this week <3

things i like...

music - mewithoutYou, the chariot, '68, everything Josh Scogin does, thrice, every time i die, everything jenny lewis does, regina spektor, tegan and sara, saves the day... off the top of my head. that's a good direction, i think.

tv/movies - arrested development, bob's burgers, last man on earth, rupaul's drag race, wayward pines, parks and rec, the office / the sting, fantastic mr. fox, emperor's new groove, bill and ted's excellent adventure, big lebowski

i don't read much but i would like to and i'd probably be inclined to read a comic book or a biography before i read a novel. my kid really loves books and i like reading with her, so that would be something i'd like if you're thinking about that :)

miscellaneous stuff - like i mentioned before we are a Disney loving family and we go to the parks often. There are a lot of toys (Pops, figurines, etc.) around our house and there could always be more. I drive a lot for work and would love podcast recommendations if you're into any... i like sports stuff, food, how to be amazing. i like to cook and am a big fan of alton brown. i love beer and drink whiskey occasionally.

Instagram is @ncharrison, Facebook is Nic Harrison

sorry for being all over the place. feel free to ask questions if you want to know anything else. lauren could probably help you out. thanks, santa! hope you're well wherever you may be!

Edited by llamaface
added social media

• jhulud unpinned this topic