Secret Santa 2016 - The Unisex Edition

5 hours ago, kforkevin777 said:

Finally got around to taking a couple pics tonight.

251A0E17-638B-47D6-A11F-A49CE2DF6449_zps

d298360d-50d7-4c5d-9f0a-73b7de23c419_zps

Sadly the prints got a little bent up in the box but I'm doing my best to flatten the edges out.

Damnit! Sorry those got a little bent. They weren't perfect either because they were actual show posters! I'd grab them after the show. Always loved that Ted Leo one! Enjoy man! 

I finally caved and opened my SS package today, mainly because I have relatives coming in for Thanksgiving and am trying to clear out the guest room but also because I've had a really shitty few weeks and needed something to cheer me up. This definitely did the trick!

5Rbhc5d.jpg

My Secret Santa got me the soundtrack to my favorite movie of all time, a bunch of pro wrestling-related items (Mick Foley is one of my all-time favorite wrestlers and I legitimately LOLed at the bedpan packaged with the Kane action figure, ha!), a cassette version of some recent Coheed & Cambria demos (perfect for my old-ass car stereo) and an awesome mix loaded with some of this year's best jams! I already know some of the tracks on it (Against Me!, Gates, Nothing, Thrice, Look Mexico, Emarosa and From Indian Lakes), but there are a ton of artists on it I've never checked out before so I'm looking forward to discovering some new music.

As for who my SS is, after going through the clues provided (and through his Discogs collection), I am 99.99999% positive my Secret Santa is @THE_James_Champ! Thanks for being so thoughtful with your gifts, you really made not only my day but my week.

Edited by scottheisel

Package arrived today. I was going to wait to open it, but there was a message on the exterior stating i should open it ASAP because it was filled with perishable goodies. It did not lie, as there were many tasty treats, including delicious homemade apple cider caramels. The rest of the numerous gifts were individually wrapped. Thus, i think i will wait until at least December to open them. The exterior note also stated that this was package 3/3!? That seems crazy.

Package3_zpsdbk3pgp8.jpg

Although i have not opened the gifts, i shall attempt to identify the generous sender.  Using my government spy training and multiple  clues: immaculate penmanship, northern motif and love of pizza, murder by death, and lil' bub..... I think it was chkadea in the UP with the USPS.

Thank you so much.  Our foster bottle-baby kitty also thanks you.

Kitty2_zpstdmpcdfs.jpg

@deadreckoning Why, I've no idea what you speak of ;)

ridicuous_BUB_with_cane_and_santa_hat.jp

But really, I'm glad it got to you already! And your foster kitten is beyond adorable! The other two packages should be there any day as I did send them out at the same time as the one you already received. Wishing you a very happy thanksgiving (ours is now snow-covered) and that you find a bunch of happiness in the presents :)

8 hours ago, chkadea said:

But really, I'm glad it got to you already! And your foster kitten is beyond adorable! The other two packages should be there any day as I did send them out at the same time as the one you already received. Wishing you a very happy thanksgiving (ours is now snow-covered) and that you find a bunch of happiness in the presents :)

The two other packages arrived today. I will try and fail to hold out as long as possible.... Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the snow. It must be weird that every time it snows more than 6" the storm doesn't get a name and life continues on unabated. 

2 hours ago, deadreckoning said:

The two other packages arrived today. I will try and fail to hold out as long as possible.... Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the snow. It must be weird that every time it snows more than 6" the storm doesn't get a name and life continues on unabated. 

Good luck if you're holding out! And thank you!

Averaging 250+ inches of snow during winters, I would imagine if that was the case, we'd have a named storm every 6 hours some days.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, it's be a while, but here's the pics!

As I said, the box was pretty damn big:

z5eUmEX.jpg

Inside were 3 wrapped gifts.. one was pretty heavy:

mnRZTGH.jpg

The heavy one was a daft punk boxset i'd been wanting for a while!

Wa3aGK8.jpg

Second was a couple records. One was one of my favorite albums FUNKADELIC!!! I hadn't heard of the other band but have been giving them a listen and I like what I hear!

phQR8IX.jpg

The last box was a rad Lego set fully equipped with moose!

dxUJFxI.jpg

All in all, I loved the gift! Based on the clues that the note had has, my SS this year was:

Green Tea Papi

Thanks dude!

5 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

z5eUmEX.jpg

mnRZTGH.jpg

Wa3aGK8.jpg

Second was a couple records. One was one of my favorite albums FUNKADELIC!!! I hadn't heard of the other band but have been giving them a listen and I like what I hear!

phQR8IX.jpg

dxUJFxI.jpg

All in all, I loved the gift! Based on the clues that the note had has, my SS this year was:

Green Tea Papi

Thanks dude!

Moose legos > all legos. So cool!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3cl3zuywikwqnzx/20161211_202911.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uat2kxeswmiuqh/20161211_203041.jpg?dl=0

am i an idiot? i can't seem to upload photos onto here. don't know what the hell i'm doing wrong. and stupid photobucket is being stupid. can't seem to figure it out. anyway, hope you guys can see the above posted links.

i got 2 separate packages. and  just now got around to opening it and spinning a few of the records.

12"s

Requiem for a Dream, such an awesome score and one of my favorite movies (and no SS, i hadn't bought it yet, but had been wanting it since RSD. so thank you very much!!)

a compilation of some pretty cool bands including title fight, circa, tigers jaw, pity sex, pretty cool stuff. a lot of bands i hadn't listened to before

Abel- Make it Right... haven't listened to this one yet.

Tar - Handsome...  also have yet to listen to this, but always down and excited to check out new music

Glassjaw - Worship and Tribute. only got to listen to one side so far, and i'm digging it. had never listened to this band, but had heard the name on here a lot.

a really really cool photography book about a photographer moving from Birmingham AL, to Bellingham WA (i really like this book. some awesome landscapes and cool shots. i don't normally shoot landscapes myself, but i do enjoy looking through them. plus this book has so  much more too. really like it SS)

[and not picutred because i just realized i had it on my shelf] Royal Forest - Spillway... pretty chill music. but i like it. has a good sound to it.

7"s

touche amore/casket lottery - split...  really dig this, had never listened to either band. liking the touche side better though

Rise Against - ready to fall.... also awesome

Evergreen terrace - dead horses.... have not listened to this yet either

Like Rats.... this, this i like. fucking brutal thrash goodness. pretty damn awesome

super happy with all the stuff i got. will definitely get around to listening to the rest of the records. thanks so much!! now for the guessing part. i'm gonna say it's @kforkevin777  (your avatar gave you away) also the fact that our location is shown under our names. sorry for not really knowing people on here like many of you do. but fuck, i so appreciate all the stuff you sent me. seriously, thank you!

8 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

z5eUmEX.jpg

mnRZTGH.jpg

Wa3aGK8.jpg

phQR8IX.jpg

dxUJFxI.jpg

Green Tea Papi

Thanks dude!

I'm so glad you like it!!! Sorry I couldn't give mix CDs I don't have a disc drive on my laptop, also sorry about the box size it was the only one I could fit everything into!!

Edited by Green Tea Papi

Really glad you liked Everything! I knew you'd like the Requiem OST, but wasn't sure about the book or the other records. That Like Rats and Handsome stuff was stuff I got from this last year. I spun it a few times and thought someone who's more into that style of music could appreciate it, with the Like Rats at least.  I'm stoked you liked a lot of it! Have a great Christmas!

• jhulud unpinned this topic