Secret Santa 2016 - The Unisex Edition

8 hours ago, cesar11 said:

Soooo I received my SS a few weeks ago but I got into a crazy accident that left me with a totaled car and a bunch of back and forth with my insurance.
 BUT! Everything is good now, thankfully and let me just say...you KILLED IT, Secret Santa!

Pearl Jam - Live at Third Man Records (W bonus 7", a patch, photo book and lapel pin)

Dustin Kensrue - More Thoughts That Float On A Different Blood

Dave Eggers Photography book (which is GREAT)

Del Boca Vista (SEINFELD!!!!!) Shirt, which I have worn numerous times already!

I have no idea who got me, I apologize, but seriously: THANK YOU. This was such an amazing package, Secret Santa!

fOTOGA0.jpg

omg that shirt is amazing!

I'm running around a lot the next two days and I had a couple hours alone this afternoon before the craziness starts...so I opened my Secret Santa package a little early!

C9D0CA76-5AF4-48FB-A567-8A824B352328.jpg

No idea who it is, but thank you so much! Both of these are records that I've really wanted, I love the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack and I listen to it on my iPod all the time (favorite songs are Hang Me, Oh Hang Me and 500 Miles), but I never picked up the record before so to have it on vinyl is super exciting!

The Charlie Brown Christmas album is particularly special to me though. My grandmom who was reaching the later stages of dementia passed away of cancer this past spring. In her room at the nursing home (which my granddad put her in when the dementia progressed beyond his ability to care for her at home) she had a CD boombox but no CDs. So, I took over a CD I thought might recognize through her foggy ability to remember anything - Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas". The last time I ever saw her we listened to this and Norah Jones' "Come Away with Me" and flipped through old photo books. It's a memory I'll have forever and I'm grateful to have the music that was the soundtrack to that memory on vinyl. Thanks Secret Santa, your presents mean more to me than you probably even realized.

Excited to see what all ya'll who are waiting till Christmas to open your packages got. Happy holidays everyone and thanks for letting me be a part of Secret Santa for a second year! :)

3 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

I'm running around a lot the next two days and I had a couple hours alone this afternoon before the craziness starts...so I opened my Secret Santa package a little early!

C9D0CA76-5AF4-48FB-A567-8A824B352328.jpg

No idea who it is, but thank you so much! Both of these are records that I've really wanted, I love the Inside Llewyn Davis soundtrack and I listen to it on my iPod all the time (favorite songs are Hang Me, Oh Hang Me and 500 Miles), but I never picked up the record before so to have it on vinyl is super exciting!

The Charlie Brown Christmas album is particularly special to me though. My grandmom who was reaching the later stages of dementia passed away of cancer this past spring. In her room at the nursing home (which my granddad put her in when the dementia progressed beyond his ability to care for her at home) she had a CD boombox but no CDs. So, I took over a CD I thought might recognize through her foggy ability to remember anything - Vince Guaraldi's "A Charlie Brown Christmas". The last time I ever saw her we listened to this and Norah Jones' "Come Away with Me" and flipped through old photo books. It's a memory I'll have forever and I'm grateful to have the music that was the soundtrack to that memory on vinyl. Thanks Secret Santa, your presents mean more to me than you probably even realized.

Excited to see what all ya'll who are waiting till Christmas to open your packages got. Happy holidays everyone and thanks for letting me be a part of Secret Santa for a second year! :)

A little sad you didn't do another video this year tbh haha

That was such a sweet story though. I might have gotten a little teary there actually. So awesome your SS got you such a meaningful gift!

I opened mine on the 21st, just now getting around to posting!! What a GREAT SS package. I am so stoked on all of it.

eVgZBrY.jpg

The first thing I see is the note with the hints and the gift explanations.

d8yiMvt.jpg

You knocked it out of the park, got an Alabama cat toy, right on top and Oswald just loved it.

jTKreVE.jpg

Here's a picture with everything! Got the star wars/alabama shirt which is super cool. Love the Falcon 10", always had my eye on it but I just never pulled the trigger. Same story with that Gaslight anthem record. Only had a chance to listen to that protaganist cd and it just rips start to finish, based on the hints and the unwritten Law cd, my guess is @ozfacter and everything is so great man! I really love it and i'd give you a christmas hug if I could! Thank you!

Bonus picture of Oswald stoned out of his mind protecting the football with his life.

R0G5yvI.jpg

AHH!!! Before diving into these amazing gifts, the first thing I need to say is thank you so, so, so much Santa! You did an absolutely fantastic job, and I was grinning ear to ear (and still am)! Okay, on to the unwrapping!

image1_6.jpg

Earlier this week I was greeted with these two big packages! To deter myself from opening them immediately, I took the liberty of wrapping them up with some shiny paper so that I could tear it off like a mad woman on Christmas morning (not sure if that makes me crazy in itself?)

image2_2.jpg

Opening the first package, I'm surprised with puffy pink S's and a hint of purple paper! Surprisingly, they were not some space-age delicious candy, but instead used for packing (unfortunate, but ultimately, my belly is relieved, and my presents are happier)!

image5.jpg

I dug around in both boxes to find some notes to hint at whoever was the sweetest person ever, and came up with the TINIEST CARD IN THE WORLD. It was heartwarming and made me squeal. Tiny things make me happy, and this card was no exception.  I also received a package from Amazon - which you'll see in a few artfully crafted photos - but just gotta say, you, Santa, nailed it.

image6.jpg

A COOKBOOK? No, wait. A VEGAN COOKBOOK WITH A BUNCH OF WORDS THAT WOULD MAKE MY MOTHER BLUSH?! Appropriately, fuck yes! Thug Kitchen has been a favorite of mine for years, and while I did already own this book, now I can have a copy for my place and also for my dude's, in an ill-fated attempt to make him eat somewhat healthier. Mwahahahaha.

Also, as you can see, I got MORE TINY THINGS. The cutest sugar skull bead! An assumably-native Arizona magnet! And something that sounds delicious and makes me want to tear into it right now but I don't think making my entire Christmas diet candy would make me the happiest of campers. All of this is the coolest and I love it!

image4.jpg

And finally...I got not one, but TWO RECORDS.

They are:

Portugal. The Man | Censored Colors (possibly my favorite from them!)

Lil BUB | Science & Magic : A Soundtrack to the Universe (I received Lil BUB gifts from literally everyone this year, and this was my favorite. I got to see her band last year and it was the weirdest and most unexpectedly wonderful experience ever. This record has been a desire of mine since! And it came with a poster!!!)

I know my Secret Santa couldn't have known this, but I received new speakers last night that blow my last set-up out of the water, and being able to break them in with these two spectacular relics of musical joy is one of the coolest gifts I'll probably ever get. 

Now, on to the guessing. With my great sleuthing abilities, the touch of Southwest flair, and being an absolute sweetheart, I'm taking a crack that it was @backpackoat in Arizona with the Spirit of Christmas! I can't say this enough, but thank you for everything - you're the best :)

image1_7.jpg

p.s. My nephew was Santa's little helper (not the dog), and he's still deciding if he enjoys Lil BUB's tunes as much as I do ;) 

So I got a message yesterday from @themeconspiracy that my Secret Santa sender had an envelope hidden in my package that I missed when I initially opened it. I opened it today and it's two tickets to see The Early November on The Mother, The Mechanic and The Path 10 year tour at Union Transfer in Philadelphia on January 14th! I'm super appreciative of such a thoughtful gift, I got to see them play on the Rooms Too Cold tour a couple years ago and they were great!

However, I won't be in town on January 14th unfortunately. It's my birthday weekend and I already booked a trip to go to Pittsburgh with some friends for the weekend and celebrate. But I want to pay it forward and I'd love to pass the tickets along (it probably goes without saying but obviously for free!) to somebody who would like to go to the show! So if anybody reading this is interested in going to see The Early November on January 14th in Philly please send me a message and let me know. I just want somebody to go and have the great time that I wish I could have if I could make it.

Thank you so much secret santa, my package is absolutely wonderful! I'm sad I won't be able to make it to the show but I will absolutely make sure that somebody else gets to enjoy the incredibly thoughtful gift. <3

EDIT: Found somebody to use the tickets! Thanks @Snaggle Von Swift!

Edited by shadowkid33

So I attempted to wait for the second package, but it hasn't arrived yet. I went ahead and opened what was labeled Package 1/2. This alone would be enough to make me happy!

IMG_1121_zpseyykrout.jpg

My Santa got me the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Soundtrack AND Pinkerton! Unfortunately, all I have to go on as to WHO my Santa is is their location.  However, I have expert snooping skills and I'm 99% sure I know who it is. I'll wait to see if a second package shows up first though.

Either way... THANK YOU!

On 12/25/2016 at 0:12 PM, chkadea said:

image1_6.jpg

You're hilarious, I'm glad you liked what I got you. Also very impressed that you wrapped your own gifts hahahahaha. I am sorry though that you already had that cookbook, I figured you may have already had it and I should have gotten their second or now third books instead like my gut was telling me. Let me know if you like the cactus candy, that stuff is my favorite candy in the world--I just love it so much.  Merry Christmas!

5860984f11376.jpg

books:

how to ruin a record label

king dork

green lantern comic

records:

afi - miss murder

gameface - three to get ready

saturday night live

amy grant - a christmas album

phoenix - alone on christmas day

alkaline trio - help me

bunch of stickers and a couple cds and a nice warm winter hat that i needed.

very happy with my gift. the afi and trio records i used to have so its nice to get them back. im guessing that my secret santa was jacobe? thank you so much!

57 minutes ago, ozfacter said:

5860984f11376.jpg

books:

how to ruin a record label

king dork

green lantern comic

records:

afi - miss murder

gameface - three to get ready

saturday night live

amy grant - a christmas album

phoenix - alone on christmas day

alkaline trio - help me

bunch of stickers and a couple cds and a nice warm winter hat that i needed.

very happy with my gift. the afi and trio records i used to have so its nice to get them back. im guessing that my secret santa was jacobe? thank you so much!

King Dork! I really enjoyed that book. In case you didn't pick up on this, it's written by Frank Portman from the Mr. T Experience. Would highly recommend for anyone who likes music-related novels or who just are interested in musicians' other lives outside their bands. 

http://imgur.com/a/EDWX7

I put all the pictures in an album because there was SO MUCH! I opened my present last week, but with work and Christmas and traveling I kept forgetting to get on here and make a post.

Thanks so much to @Youinreverse for all of the wonderful gifts! I'm not familiar with all of the records, so I'm excited to dive into some new stuff. Also I forgot to take pictures of the two Bob's Burgers pops and the burger book. I love everything and I can't thank you enough for being so generous.

8 minutes ago, llamaface said:

I put all the pictures in an album because there was SO MUCH! I opened my present last week, but with work and Christmas and traveling I kept forgetting to get on here and make a post.

Thanks so much to @Youinreverse for all of the wonderful gifts! I'm not familiar with all of the records, so I'm excited to dive into some new stuff. Also I forgot to take pictures of the two Bob's Burgers pops and the burger book. I love everything and I can't thank you enough for being so generous.

OMG I NEED ONE OF THOSE DIABOLICAL RECORDS SHIRTS!!!!

13 hours ago, llamaface said:

Holy shit, what a haul!  You got some great records in there.

• jhulud unpinned this topic