PO (NOW) - Pray For Sound "Everything Is Beautiful"

Pray For Sound's new full-length album is now officially live for pre-order!  They haven't announced it yet themselves, but the links are up.  

Available on 2xLP, CD, digital, as well as new merch to go along with the release.  

Variants:  

half/half (Baby Pink/electric blue)

color-in-color (coke bottle green/bone white)

Splatter (Milky clear w/ sea blue splatter

IAS016_2xLPvinylmocks_1024x1024.jpg?v=14

Vinyl Record
2xLP with 200 GSM Gatefold Jacket
Full spread inner layout of artwork by Nevan Doyle
140-160 gram weight discs, cut at optimum 45 RPM speed
Exclusive vinyl master of the album
(3) Available variant colors from I Am Shark, AM/FM Records, and Dunk! Records

Includes digital download.

Product ships on or around September 23rd.

Preorder comes with one 320 kbps MP3 single from Everything Is Beautiful and some digital extras.  As additional songs are released, updates will be provided.

http://store.prayforsound.com/

http://music.prayforsound.com/

1 hour ago, kentin31 said:

I really want to preorder this, but $34 to ship the 2LP and a shirt to France is way too high. Any chance of an Europe preorder?

Dunk:

http://shop.dunkfestival.com/collections/frontpage/products/pray-for-sound-everything-is-beautiful-2xlp

Released by dunk!records in Europe on Sept. 23rd, 2016.

Comes in gatefold cover, 180g colored vinyl (blue splatter on clear is the exclusive dunk!records edition)

17 hours ago, Sasan said:

Oh man, didn't know they have a new one coming. Will need to listen to it before I spend 28€ in this, though...

Dude, you won't be disappointed.  I've heard 2 of the songs now, and these guys are absolutely getting better.  It's like Dreamer with a more maturation in the songwriting, kind of like how Caspian has been moving (but they sound nothing like Caspian, just a maturation of songwriting).  

The bridge of "Everywhere, Everywhere" is fucking incredible.  (2:30 in or so... this delay guitar riff....).  Bruce also let me listen to "They Gave Up Looking" like 3 or 4 months ago, and that song is amazing.  It gets suuuuuper heavy towards the end, almost like a metal breakdown.  Very interesting.  It has this sick thing early on too with a tambourine shaker that really drives the percussion and gives the song tons of pep.  

12 hours ago, ephemeral said:

The shipping gotta be messed in the online store. Has it at $34 to ship an LP to Canada

Talk to Bruce on facebook...  he'll straighten it out.  That can't be right.  

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

Gorgeous mock ups.  Waiting to hear that first song before PO'ing.  Anyone know when we're getting that?  Sounded like it would have been released already.

I don't know if it's streaming anywhere, but you get it with the PO.  It's great and hopefully indicative of the rest of the record.

I can get behind this. I wasn't floored by Dreamer but I remember thinking at the time that these guys just needed a little refinement. I'd love to end up owning a copy of this. Everything about it looks gorgeous.

EDIT: Also, they linked to the new song on Facebook in the comments section.

Edited by omik11303

46 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

I can get behind this. I wasn't floored by Dreamer but I remember thinking at the time that these guys just needed a little refinement. I'd love to end up owning a copy of this. Everything about it looks gorgeous.

EDIT: Also, they linked to the new song on Facebook in the comments section.

Yeah totally agree about Dreamer.  It was decent, but I really liked the last 2 songs.  They sounded the most mature.  Going to go check that song now.

I think you guys will be pleased with the song.  I love it, as I do everything they've done.  I will concede that Dreamer has a few bits that sound like they were lifted from some other songs (there's one that has a part that sounds almost like Loft by Caspian iirc) but these guys kill, so I support it!

I hope they release They Gave Up Looking next, because that one has some real growth in their songwriting, and sounds kind of like nothing else they've done, but still maintaining a solid Pray For Sound identity if that makes sense.  

21 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I think you guys will be pleased with the song.  I love it, as I do everything they've done.  I will concede that Dreamer has a few bits that sound like they were lifted from some other songs (there's one that has a part that sounds almost like Loft by Caspian iirc) but these guys kill, so I support it!

I hope they release They Gave Up Looking next, because that one has some real growth in their songwriting, and sounds kind of like nothing else they've done, but still maintaining a solid Pray For Sound identity if that makes sense.  

So forgive me if you mentioned it elsewhere, but have you had a chance to listen to this in full already? If so, how does it compare in your mind with what's been released this year by other big name post-rock groups?

52 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

So forgive me if you mentioned it elsewhere, but have you had a chance to listen to this in full already? If so, how does it compare in your mind with what's been released this year by other big name post-rock groups?

No, I've only heard "Everywhere, Everywhere" and "They Gave Up Looking", which Bruce let me listen to some months ago.  I think it's very strong though; it's very much Pray For Sound but at least in the case of They Gave Up Looking, the arrangements have definitely matured and grown.  

Kind of like how Caspian has fleshed out their sound with new things that are very different, but still very much Caspian, I feel Pray For Sound have done that too.  It's like they're getting better at writing songs, and using additional elements.  They Gave Up Looking has this sick tambourine/shaker thing that really makes the groove pop and jump into extra gear, and then it goes into this almost hardcore breakdown at the end.  Very unique.  

I never really compare albums though in the way you're seeming to suggest...  I just look at it from a perspective of whether I like it or not.  I don't ever really keep a ledger of "okay this is definitely the top release of 2016 so far" or anything like that.  As long as it's awesome and gets me excited, that's what matters.  Because often times, I find myself need lots of time to digest and really understand things.  Like the new ITTCT album, or Show Me A Dinosaur.  Both albums had to grow on me, and I had to spend a lot of time with them before I was like "ohhhhhh, I see!"

1 hour ago, Gumbo72203 said:

No, I've only heard "Everywhere, Everywhere" and "They Gave Up Looking", which Bruce let me listen to some months ago.  I think it's very strong though; it's very much Pray For Sound but at least in the case of They Gave Up Looking, the arrangements have definitely matured and grown.  

Kind of like how Caspian has fleshed out their sound with new things that are very different, but still very much Caspian, I feel Pray For Sound have done that too.  It's like they're getting better at writing songs, and using additional elements.  They Gave Up Looking has this sick tambourine/shaker thing that really makes the groove pop and jump into extra gear, and then it goes into this almost hardcore breakdown at the end.  Very unique.  

I never really compare albums though in the way you're seeming to suggest...  I just look at it from a perspective of whether I like it or not.  I don't ever really keep a ledger of "okay this is definitely the top release of 2016 so far" or anything like that.  As long as it's awesome and gets me excited, that's what matters.  Because often times, I find myself need lots of time to digest and really understand things.  Like the new ITTCT album, or Show Me A Dinosaur.  Both albums had to grow on me, and I had to spend a lot of time with them before I was like "ohhhhhh, I see!"

Oh ok ok, that still sounds pretty sweet. Yeah I probably could've worded that second question better, because, of course, the main factor in assessing any given album is whether you like what you hear enough to come back. But I do also keep track of what's released in what year to compare against. Some years are better than others in that regard, but, for me, it gets interesting when there's five or six really, really good albums and I have to get technical with how to separate those from one another. I take my end-of-the-year lists very seriously haha.

On 9/6/2016 at 11:39 PM, mrewest said:

It'll prob be better than ITTCT, as has just about everything I've listened to this year.  So disappointed in that album.  But I digress.

Really?  It's actually taken off, and it might be my favorite album of theirs.  The last 3 tracks I think is my favorite run of songs by them now.  Berlin, The Giving Tree, and One Sky Above Us.  

On 9/6/2016 at 11:39 PM, mrewest said:

It'll prob be better than ITTCT, as has just about everything I've listened to this year.  So disappointed in that album.  But I digress.

Really?  It's actually taken off, and it might be my favorite album of theirs.  The last 3 tracks I think is my favorite run of songs by them now.  Berlin, The Giving Tree, and One Sky Above Us.  

• 2 weeks later...

Video Premiere | Pray for Sound - Everywhere, Everywhere & Congratulations, You're Alive

In two days, Boston instrumental rockers Pray For Sound will release their long awaited third album, "Everything is Beautiful," but before that happens they share with us a play through video of their single "Everywhere, Everywhere" with attached to it a new song from the record, called "Congratulations, You’re Alive."

http://arcticdrones.com/exclusives/video-pray-for-sound-everywhere-everywhere/