Show Me A Dinosaur - S/T album via Elusive Sound will begin pre-orders on 9/9/16 with a full-album release on 9/16/16.  LOOK AT THESE FREAKING VARIANTS!!!!

I am told the price will be 24.99euro and 19.99euro, but will confirm later.  Anybody in the US interested in purchasing, contact me to get in on the group-buy.  

If you are unfamiliar with the band, check them out on their bandcamp.  Their earlier stuff was more traditional post-rock, but they have since gone a more aggressive direction in the vein of Deafheaven or Vattnet Viskar, incorporating more elements of black metal.  

14212828_1323719144305588_51088391795326

Zvednoe Serdtse - "Heart of a Star" - Limited 100

- 180g+ 33-RPM cut from 24bit masters
- Gold Hot-Foiled logos on front and back
- 350gsm gatefold outer sleeve on reversboard with black flooded inside
- Black Anti-Static Innersleeve
- Swiss made screenprinted 12" handnumbered artprint
- Exclusive A4 printed lyric sheet with translations
- A6 printed inlay
- A7 printed inlay with handwritten download code

Exclusively available at Elusive-Sound.com/catalog

Holodnaya Vesna - "Cold Spring" - Limited 150

- 180g+ 33-RPM cut from 24bit masters
- Gold Hot-Foiled logos on front and back
- 350gsm gatefold outer sleeve on reversboard with black flooded inside
- Black Anti-Static Innersleeve
- A6 printed inlay
- A7 printed inlay with handwritten download code

Also available at @showmeadinosaur's official bandcamp: https://showmeadinosaur.bandcamp.com/

Edited by Gumbo72203

I have no clue about the tapes, man.  I'd contact the band on Facebook.  

On 9/5/2016 at 0:24 AM, The Butcha said:

I want to like this due to coolness of design and the post rock is pretty good. But...I can't get into them vocals.

Keep at it, man.  Don't give up yet.  The music is awesome.  The black metal part is only like half the time anyway.  

54 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

Posting to check back in with this. When it first came out I loved it, but I haven't had the incentive to stick with it and go for another listen. Will definitely have to get around to that within the next day or so and report back.

Funny, I'm having the opposite kind of reaction.  I was a little ambivalent towards it at first, but the more I listen, the more I love it.  Also, I've got a few people on board for a group-buy already, so if you want in....you should do it!

22 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Funny, I'm having the opposite kind of reaction.  I was a little ambivalent towards it at first, but the more I listen, the more I love it.  Also, I've got a few people on board for a group-buy already, so if you want in....you should do it!

These are my exact feelings on the album as well.

I'd like to join the group-buy! Really want that "Heart of a Star" variant.

4 hours ago, mrewest said:

I loved Dust, but one listen of this when it came out was hard to get through.  Going to revist because my God those are gorgeous variants.

I'm with you on this one. There are parts that I think are great but then there are enough parts that are hard work for me. But those variants....

Pitchfork wrote their bio for them: "Flooding guitar sounds with hurricane of drums and desperate screams."

Man, after listening to this I can't really find anything redeeming. There are a large handful of other bands off the top of my head who can ace everything these guys are trying to do. To me it just sounds like they are going for too much, and it makes it all fall short. I'm not digging the mixing and mastering either. I think that more than anything left a bad taste in my mouth. It's lacking that dynamic feel this type of music needs. It's so weird that I feel like I'm listening to too much at one point, and then feel like I'm only getting one channel the next. That's just my two cents.

(Also, the name of the band is completely random and stupid to me. I didn't let it effect my opinion of the music, but c'mon, come up with a better name.)

6 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

GUMBO wrote their bio for them: "Flooding guitar sounds with hurricane of drums and desperate screams."

Fixed.  

And I agree on the band name.  I don't know the exact story but I think they're Jurassic Park fans (due to the clips found on Dust) lol.

I really don't like the Deafheaven-esque drumming.  It always sounds off-beat to me.  I'm glad it's not used throughout the whole album, but it's there more than I'd like.

Hey guys, if you're interested, we need to get moving on this.  I have the label reserving some copies, but the /100 variants are flying, and will likely be sold out by next week.  They've sold 60 of them since Friday.  

We're up to 8 records in the group buy, so if you want to join in, please let me know so I can reserve more copies from the label, and get this going!

Also, many more pictures on the label's website!  http://elusive-sound.com/product/smad-zvezdnoe-serdtse/

Edited by Gumbo72203

15 hours ago, mrewest said:

How much are we talking per person here?

So Philippe said that with the amount of people I've already got, we just crossed into 5.5kg/70eruo shipping tier.  But that tier can cover up to 18 records.  So, the more people we get the more it will break down to smaller portions per person.  He also said he'll chip in for some of the shipping too.  

So even if we got 2-3 more people, to get it to 10 people and 13 or so records, that makes it 7euros per person, plus $4 media mail.  I think that's pretty good?

15 hours ago, mrewest said:

How much are we talking per person here?

Philippe has cut me a deal for the shipping.  It's only going to be 58 euros; he's covering the rest.  As of right now, I have 5 people and 8 records.  

The /100 is 24.99euro.  Shipping would be 7.25 euro plus $4 media mail.  So that's 28.00 plus 8.15 plus 4.  Which makes $40.15.  Which will come down further if more people join.  The /150 variant is 22.45US so that makes $34.60.

Edited by Gumbo72203