25 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Philippe has cut me a deal for the shipping.  It's only going to be 58 euros; he's covering the rest.  As of right now, I have 5 people and 8 records.  

The /100 is 24.99euro.  Shipping would be 7.25 euro plus $4 media mail.  So that's 28.00 plus 8.15 plus 4.  Which makes $40.15.  Which will come down further if more people join.  The /150 variant is 22.45US so that makes $34.60.

$40 for one LP is nuts. I still can't get over how badly that album is mixed/mastered. It sounds like they are using mics from walmart.

8 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

$40 for one LP is nuts. I still can't get over how badly that album is mixed/mastered. It sounds like they are using mics from walmart.

Swiss post has awful rates.  It beats $49 if you don't do the group buy.  And if people want both variants, the weight of the record puts them in the 32.50 price tier which is $36.50 shipping alone.  

10 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Swiss post has awful rates.  It beats $49 if you don't do the group buy.  And if people want both variants, the weight of the record puts them in the 32.50 price tier which is $36.50 shipping alone.  

Also not sure what your gripe is with the sound, I don't hear anything wrong with it.  I think the guitars and bass sound awesome.  I can maybe see someone taking umbrage with the drum sound, but it works for me.  The clean parts sound awesome, and i love the groove in the first song when they get to that part with the phaser on the overdriven guitar.

Edited by Gumbo72203

10 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Ehhhhh...yeah even though I'd like to grab one of these I'm out at $40.  Still too rich for my blood.

Thanks for figuring it out though.

Ah too bad.  These will likely be sold out by the end of the week though it seems.  They're dropping at like 10 records per day.  But based on the numbers I've run, for every person more we get, the price drops a dollar basically.  So if you were to commit, it would be $39.15.  

EDIT:  The more I listen, the more I love this record too.  I think "Ochag" and "Lights" are my favorite tracks right now.  They're by far some of the more post-rock-y songs on the album.  I bet this sounds so fucking awesome on vinyl.  

Edited by Gumbo72203

Actually....  "Gone" might have my favorite melody of the album, too.  The lead guitar melody that they play during the outro/ending section on that song is just SO fucking good.  

If you're on the fence about the album, give this song a listen.  It kind of combines everything they do into one cohesive song.  You've got the groovier post-rock stuff, the black metal aspect, and then that joyous, uplifting melody at the end.  I can't get enough of it.  

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Actually....  "Gone" might have my favorite melody of the album, too.  The lead guitar melody that they play during the outro/ending section on that song is just SO fucking good.  

If you're on the fence about the album, give this song a listen.  It kind of combines everything they do into one cohesive song.  You've got the groovier post-rock stuff, the black metal aspect, and then that joyous, uplifting melody at the end.  I can't get enough of it.  

100% agree with you on Gone.  The end of that song is killer.

6 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

I'm with you here, Gumbo. I think the sound is just fine. I really want to grab this but I can't justify $40 on a single LP. I'll let you know whether or not I'm gonna splurge on the other variant by the end of the day.

Right on.  Either way, this album is a win.  I love the material enough to want both haha.  The packaging these guys do is absolutely top notch.  I look at these releases more like complete works of art, rather than simply a medium for music.  Yeah, of course I wish it were cheaper.  But them's the breaks sometimes.  

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

RIGHT?  Join the group buy man, you can get the /150 variant!  2 more people, and the price drops even more for us.  

6 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

I'm with you here, Gumbo. I think the sound is just fine. I really want to grab this but I can't justify $40 on a single LP. I'll let you know whether or not I'm gonna splurge on the other variant by the end of the day.

Right on.  Either way, this album is a win.  I love the material enough to want both haha.  The packaging these guys do is absolutely top notch.  I look at these releases more like complete works of art, rather than simply a medium for music.  Yeah, of course I wish it were cheaper.  But them's the breaks sometimes.  

2 minutes ago, mrewest said:

RIGHT?  Join the group buy man, you can get the /150 variant!  2 more people, and the price drops even more for us.  

30 minutes ago, mrewest said:

Ugh, I keep going back and forth on this lol.  I love the mandala patterns!

Gumbo, when do you need a final answer?  Gonna see if I can maybe sell a couple things.

I'll have Philippe pull one out for you, and you can let me know by Tuesday?  These things are flying out, only 25 left now.  It's been on sale for not even 3 days.  So....  it's now or never haha.  

For anybody else who might be on the fence, head over to http://elusive-sound.com/product/smad-zvezdnoe-serdtse/ and check out more pictures.  The label put up photos of the gatefold and everything, as well as more pictures of the records themselves.  Gorgeous stuff.  Truly pieces of art.

I can have Philippe reserve more copies before they sell out, and again, the more people we get, the more the price will drop per person!

11 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I'll have Philippe pull one out for you, and you can let me know by Tuesday?  These things are flying out, only 25 left now.  It's been on sale for not even 3 days.  So....  it's now or never haha.  

Screw it, I'm in.  Save me the /100.  I'm getting that one.