• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm just waiting on payment from Scissorkick, and then we're all set!  Thank you to everyone who has paid up so far.  This ended up being a pretty decent order haha, lots of people from the Facebook group joined.  

I'll keep everyone apprised as the next steps are taken!

6 hours ago, mrewest said:

This album gets better each time I listen.  That closer whoops my ass.

Yeah dude, same with me.  I think Gone is still my favorite...  but Lights really gives it a run for it's money; the back half of the album is my least-familiar territory.  But I love the way they groove, and how they use the phaser on the guitar in some of the parts.  

@scissorkik just waiting on you bud!

Edited by Gumbo72203

Alright!  So, all the money is in and we're ready to go!  I'll get a tracking number from Philippe once he gets our massive package put together.  I'll update that here in the thread, and then once everything is ready I'll send you guys your tracking numbers individually.  I'm fucking excited to get these, thank you guys all for joining in and making this happen.  The label is hugely appreciative, as am I.  I love doing stuff like this together with everybody haha.  

@scissorkik

@omik11303

@mrewest

@GhostTrail

@ghost

On 9/25/2016 at 9:16 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

Alright!  So, all the money is in and we're ready to go!  I'll get a tracking number from Philippe once he gets our massive package put together.  I'll update that here in the thread, and then once everything is ready I'll send you guys your tracking numbers individually.  I'm fucking excited to get these, thank you guys all for joining in and making this happen.  The label is hugely appreciative, as am I.  I love doing stuff like this together with everybody haha.  

@scissorkik

@omik11303

@mrewest

@GhostTrail

@ghost

Alright guys, the package is on it's way!  In case any of you want to keep tabs on it, here is the tracking information:  
CQ002567540CH
Enter at www.post.ch

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 9:16 AM, Gumbo72203 said:

@scissorkik

@omik11303

@mrewest

@GhostTrail

@ghost

They're here!!!  I picked up the package today.  It'll be a bit before I have time to get everybody's stuff out.... I'm going to try to start getting them all ready to go Friday night.  But it might not be until sometime next week that i get them in the mail.  School and work, man.  But they're here!  I haven't even opened them yet. 

ohhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyy godddddddddddd these records!!!!!!!

Took a minute quick before I get to bed here to open the box, holy fucking christ these things are absolutely stunning.  The packagine... the records...  god damn.  I almost don't even care there's music on it, these things are pieces of art. 

Will have some pics for you guys Friday night.  Gonna do a team picture for this, I think. 

I actually might have time to do it tomorrow before work....  I don't use this thing on my phone, so it takes a little while to get a picture on here.  Phone -> Email -> Download on Comp -> Upload to Imgur.com

Unless i'm missing some super easy way to do this....      in any event, I need to go the fuck to bed.  I gotta get a cavity drilled out super early tomorrow morning.  Hooray.

45 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I actually might have time to do it tomorrow before work....  I don't use this thing on my phone, so it takes a little while to get a picture on here.  Phone -> Email -> Download on Comp -> Upload to Imgur.com

Unless i'm missing some super easy way to do this....      in any event, I need to go the fuck to bed.  I gotta get a cavity drilled out super early tomorrow morning.  Hooray.

You can upload to Imgur straight from your phone.

http://imgur.com/a/xDNde

http://imgur.com/a/IVhCW

Image uploader isn't working on my computer; pictures don't really do these things justice, man.  The gold foil lettering is incredible.  And the records look like fucking candy.  I just want to eat them, they look so delicious.  I wonder if magenta vinyl tastes different than black?  XD

Anyway, dentist was... unhelpful.  They did x-rays and probed; I have this like, pinhole circle on my #8 front tooth that I thought was a cavity or chip but they say it's nothing, it's only in the enamel.  Only cold things sends me crazy right now, not hot... which they said is good.  If I was sensitive to hot stuff, that means there's gas inside the tooth which means bacteria is in there eating away, and I'd need a root canal.  He said it should go away, that it's just inflamed a bit.  It feels worse than that, but we'll see.  It's been steadily getting worse since I noticed it late last week.   

I tell you...  having a sensitive tooth is sooooo not fun.  This is one of the gnarliest pain things I've ever had.  And you can't do anything about it lol when it starts going off. 

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

Sounds like you may need to brush more thoroughly after trying to eat colored variants.

Yeah I mean I was using some of my thinner gatefolds to floss with; it's easier to hold them and run them through your teeth than actual floss.  But he said stop flossing...  which was interesting.

On 10/13/2016 at 3:22 PM, mrewest said:

Less talk about teeth for the love of God and MORE PHOTOS.

That shit looks gorgeous.

Yeah they're pretty fucking ridiuclous man haha.  I got them all unpacked today and started sorting them out; I've got 4 packages boxed up so far.  I REALLLLY wanted to take a team photo with ALL of the records out, but I have cats.... and I just didn't trust having that many records exposed, I didn't want whatever static is in the records to pull stuff from the air and fuck your guys' shit up.  That said, I was able to peak at all of them...  some have more of the white haze than others.  But they all look absolutely incredible.  The gold foiling on the back and front really makes these things pop too.  And of course, the label went all out with the poly-lined inner sleeves.  Haven't spun mine yet though. 

The one on the right in this first link is my copy, number 13 of the 100.  I don't know what numbers you guys all got.  It might be varied because I got confirmations from you guys at different times.  I forget who that middle one went to...  I know it was someone here; the left column on my table was all the Facebook people, plus one for Nate from Glasir that Philippe sent over. 

In the 2nd photo, you can see what the other side of the record looks like.  It's pretty crazy how they're able to make the back and front of something so thin be so different.  But these are 180g records, so it's a bit thicker.  Still... not a lot of room to work with!  These guys are brilliant. 

http://imgur.com/a/WikZu

http://imgur.com/a/19Vzn

• 2 weeks later...

So, finally spinning my /100 copy.  Something unanticipated happened.

The B side of this record makes you hallucinate. 

I'm not even fucking joking haha, if you stare at the center of the record while it spins, and then look away.... whatever you look at fucking swirls, like that early internet black and white pinwheel .gif that some of you may have seen:  https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1h8CP0_bPAhVEPD4KHfi6CukQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moillusions.com%2Fexperience-real-hallucination%2F&psig=AFQjCNGvTlno24YvrZsQk_N2yvUlWcIaUw&ust=1477508741230113

lol this is nuts

4 hours ago, SE7EN said:

My copy is on the way.

Got one of the /150s... Shipping was pretty steep but not too crazy given that the actual album was really reasonable. About £30 total... Happy with that :)

Let me know how your copy plays....   my /150 was very, very noisy when you put the needle down, before the music comes in.  But once the music hits, it quieted down.  I attributed this to some dust or something from packaging, where the record sticks out slightly above the top of the sleeve. 

But Elusive Sound has the most gnarly mailers.... wait til you get it.  They designed their own single-LP shipping package that is like a fucking tank.  It's crazy haha. 

This music is so good though!!!  Lights and Gone and Rakev are my 3 favorites, not sure if I can pick one over the other.  Maybe "Gone" would edge them out, but not by much. 

13 hours ago, ghost said:

Received my copy in the mail today!
This packaging is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks a lot for setting this up @Gumbo72203!

1smd2_500_zpst00yqaxo.jpg

Excellent!!!  Glad it arrived safe and sound!  I know MrEwest and Omik's copies just arrived too.  They sound just as good as they look :D