PO: Our Lady Peace- Clumsy

twentytwo

21 minutes ago, chiefwahoo said:

I'd buy this for sure unless the sound is putrid like the Goldfinger S/T. Has all the SRC stuff been just as bad?

No.  The Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut and Finch - Say Hello to Sunshine presses were both good.

I'll probably wait until this hits their sale section before I pick it up.  Because it will.

1 minute ago, tellallyourfriends said:

I didn't think this band was respected this much when they were active. 

They're still active, albeit a shell of themselves.  I grew up on a bordering town to Canada so I primarily listened to Canadian radio and seemed pretty big in Canada at that time.  This was my favorite band through high school, so I'm really stoked for this to be coming out.  

Definitely in on the Clumsy release (after first finding out if the pressing is legit). Growing up in Canada you couldn't go 15 minutes on MM without a OLP video popping up. Nostalgia central. Happiness is where I draw the line on their back catalog. 

.ca link for anyone interest: https://www.amazon.ca/Clumsy-Vinyl-Our-Lady-Peace/dp/B01LTHKKAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474412478&sr=8-3&keywords=our+lady+peace

Edited by Canuckle

On 15/09/2016 at 1:56 PM, tellallyourfriends said:

I didn't think this band was respected this much when they were active. 

They weren't.  I'm surprised people here are excited for this.  They were mainstream radio rock for me as a kid, growing up in Canada.  I always thought they had a few good songs but assumed they were closer to the Nickelback realm than anything these days.

18 hours ago, Canuckle said:

Definitely in on the Clumsy release (after first finding out if the pressing is legit). Growing up in Canada you couldn't go 15 minutes on MM without a OLP video popping up. Nostalgia central. Happiness is where I draw the line on their back catalog. 

.ca link for anyone interest: https://www.amazon.ca/Clumsy-Vinyl-Our-Lady-Peace/dp/B01LTHKKAM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1474412478&sr=8-3&keywords=our+lady+peace

From what I understand after emailing SRC, the amazon version is not the same one that SRC is releasing. They said theirs is the 20th anniversary edition with a booklet.  I'm wondering the amazon one is just straight black vinyl...and if its the same remaster as the SRC one?

Also, apparently the SRCvinyl version won't even be on their canadian site, which is a little ironic!

Edited by nesburf

2 hours ago, nesburf said:

From what I understand after emailing SRC, the amazon version is not the same one that SRC is releasing. They said theirs is the 20th anniversary edition with a booklet.  I'm wondering the amazon one is just straight black vinyl...and if its the same remaster as the SRC one?

Also, apparently the SRCvinyl version won't even be on their canadian site, which is a little ironic!

Nice. Canadian band with mostly Canadian fans and they don't add it to the Canadian site :wacko:

23 hours ago, parkinglot said:

They weren't.  I'm surprised people here are excited for this.  They were mainstream radio rock for me as a kid, growing up in Canada.  I always thought they had a few good songs but assumed they were closer to the Nickelback realm than anything these days.

I have 3 or 4 friends from college who were very into OLP (all independently from high school), but that's pretty much it in terms of people I know who care.

Confirmation for Naveed. Looks clear or light lavender. I always thought that clear with brown and white splatter (bird shit) would have been the perfect variant to fit the theme of the rest of the album art.

6A119E07-14B1-4931-AD8F-ABD1DFA03A1D_zps

Edited by NationallyFrightened