PO: Our Lady Peace- Clumsy

twentytwo

4 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

How about making it available in Canada? You know, the country where people are more inclined to actually care about this release?

+1

Although I am thinking the reason it is not available to Canada is because of the HMV exclusive.

Can we at least get an explanation on this Danny instead of just ignoring us?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 11/20/2016 at 2:18 PM, danny said:

No need to worry. The srcvinyl version of clumsy sounds fantastic. Not to mention our booklet looks amazing. Kevin Gray did such a great job with the lacquers. Pretty excited to see what everyone thinks when they hear it.

Was this sourced from the master tapes?????????

Edited by deadbrokerekerds

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/1/2017 at 10:51 AM, NationallyFrightened said:

Hopefully this means that Happiness....., Gravity, Spiritual Machines, and Healthy.... may be coming up soon. 

Happiness... and Spiritual Machines needs to be pressed yesterday, both spectacular albums imo alongside Clumsy and Naveed.  Gravity is when i started to get lost on the band, haven't really liked anything they've put out since.

4 minutes ago, NationallyFrightened said:

Gravity is great, and apparently it was recently pressed too, so I’m looking for it as well!

Gravity just sounded like a departure from the sound/style that made them so great in their previous albums and to me just sounded a bit like bubblegum rock.  There are a handful of tracks on it that are pretty good though, poppy and overly produced as they might be.  And i really tried hard to get into all the albums that came after and just found myself utterly bored.  meh, oh well.  Was not aware that Gravity got a recent pressing, hope you find it for a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Gravity just sounded like a departure from the sound/style that made them so great in their previous albums and to me just sounded a bit like bubblegum rock.  There are a handful of tracks on it that are pretty good though, poppy and overly produced as they might be.  And i really tried hard to get into all the albums that came after and just found myself utterly bored.  meh, oh well.  Was not aware that Gravity got a recent pressing, hope you find it for a reasonable price.

Bob Rock killed this band along with Mike Turner's departure.  Anything after Spiritual Machines is exactly as you mentioned, poppy and overly produced with intent to hit the mainstream market and appeal to the masses.   

34 minutes ago, twhite1221 said:

Bob Rock killed this band along with Mike Turner's departure.  Anything after Spiritual Machines is exactly as you mentioned, poppy and overly produced with intent to hit the mainstream market and appeal to the masses.   

Exactly, glad i'm not the only one that hears it.  Although it seems with the most recent albums it's almost like they decided "hey... so poppy overly-produced slop doesn't seem to be moving us forward, maybe we should get back to the roots" (i feel like i'm referring to the most recent album, Curve), but in doing so, they just can't seem to capture the same magic they had with those first 4 albums.

Edited by thesecrets0308

Yeah, for as "limited" of a guitar player Mike Turner supposedly was, out of this band's 4 best albums he co-wrote three and played on all four. Also all four were produced by Arnold Lanni and sound great.

It makes me think of Coheed and Cambria and Josh Eppard. The albums without him are good in their own ways, but they sound extremely different and are lacking the groove that is unique to Josh. Once he came back, they "sounded like Coheed" again to me. Claudio is obviously the face of the band and plays a massive role in writing and shaping the music, but for me Josh is the glue that makes them stick. Mike Turner obviously had more to do with what made Our Lady Peace so good than Raine would like anyone to believe.

9 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

My order only came out to like $35 USD shipped from amazon.ca, i expected the shipping cost to be much more than it was.  To me, $35 is worth every penny for this album.

yeah, i had a $6 credit from a shipping issue that amazon had previously so mine was only $29ppd. really stoked as this is tied for my favorite album from them with happiness. wonder if it will be on blue vinyl like the discogs entry.