You Blew It - Abendrot (PO NOW)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok my first copy of this had such bad surface noise I got a replacement and it's the same exact thing. Terrible scratching noise throughout the entire A-side and I didn't check the B-side. Anyone else? I guess I'm not too mad because the record was a let down but still.

2 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Ok my first copy of this had such bad surface noise I got a replacement and it's the same exact thing. Terrible scratching noise throughout the entire A-side and I didn't check the B-side. Anyone else? I guess I'm not too mad because the record was a let down but still.

I mentioned it a while back when I got mine, but basically the same deal except mine is kinda quiet and has no balls (lacking good bass tone). 

10 hours ago, Shlebs said:

Also having some scratching issues but its definitely better after a deep clean. Definitely notice a difference between the sound of the tape and mp3s sounding better than the vinyl bass and clarity-wise.

That being said, this album is definitely a grower. I wrote it off pretty heavily at first, but sitting down with it these past couple weeks and after watching the documentary, i have a new appreciation for it.

29 minutes ago, deer said:

Record sounds fine to me, for what it's worth. No real issues with popping, although I can't say for sure whether the mastering is good or not (would need to listen to it quite a few times to make certain), but when I played it I didn't immediately notice anything.

Didn't you buy the BSM version?