Out Now: Beck - Sea Change, Guero (1 x LP), Odelay (UME)

highfives

19 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Got super lucky. There were a few on Amazon UK for $13ppd. Don't know how or why, but I jumped on it. I checked a few days ago and it was back up to $35.

I found my copy of Guero at my local record store for $13. I felt like someone put the wrong price tag on it, but I'll be damned if that was what they were actually charging.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2016 at 2:51 PM, rabbitclock said:

I just got an email from Amazon saying Sea Change was delayed to December 2nd. Anyone else get this? I'll probably just order from Bullmoose, I guess. 

Got my email from Bullmoose letting me know about the delay. I also ordered the Killers Hot Fuss repress and it's delayed to, so I won't be seeing my order until Christmas I guess

Edit: Bullmoose waited long enough to let me know considering this is supposed to be out next Friday :( 

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

29 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Got my email from Bullmoose letting me know about the delay. I also ordered the Killers Hot Fuss repress and it's delayed to, so I won't be seeing my order until Christmas I guess

Edit: Bullmoose waited long enough to let me know considering this is supposed to be out next Friday :( 

I think I got my delay notice for Temple of the Dog from Bull Moose about 4 days AFTER it's first scheduled release date.  

• 1 month later...

Pre-ordered Sea Change from Amazon just the other day, received it today.

I owned the MoFi pressing and it was truly fantastic. Warm, very dynamic, everything you could hope for. It became so valuable I couldn't not sell it, knowing that eventually there would be another pressing.

This is good. Pressed at Pallas USA, cut at Golden. Not as all encompassing as the MoFi, but good, especially for $22-25. I'm assuming one of the high res digital masters was used. This record is excellently produced and mixed, and there really isn't a bad version of it out there. Great soundstage is intact on this pressing, and I didn't have to touch my EQ knobs.

Some reports of non-fill issues, not a good thing for an album with such quiet passages. I did hear some on Side C, especially during Round the Bend which got more annoying the more I heard it. The plain paper sleeves are pretty crappy, the gatefold jacket is standard fare. But again, a very acceptable edition and I'm glad it's finally available again. And it also comes with a download code with the option of 24/96 WAV files. Very nice, even though they are even louder than the original CD version for some reason.

16 minutes ago, the-neil said:

I just received my copy of Sea Change from Bull Moose. All corners of the gatefold jacket are bent because of Bull Moose's cheap packaging. This is the first time I have ordered from Bull Moose. Anyone have similar issues when ordering from them?

Never.  I've ordered from Bullmoose around 20 times and I don't think I've ever received any damaged records....with the exception of a couple small seam splits.  They typically use those awesome reinforced mailers with the extended edges.  

17 minutes ago, BrainGilliams said:

Never.  I've ordered from Bullmoose around 20 times and I don't think I've ever received any damaged records....with the exception of a couple small seam splits.  They typically use those awesome reinforced mailers with the extended edges.  

Same here. - I've ordered dozens of albums from them without issue. Their mailers and service they provide is stellar. Can't speak highly enough of Bullmoose.

Edited by Stravinsky

1 hour ago, the-neil said:

I just received my copy of Sea Change from Bull Moose. All corners of the gatefold jacket are bent because of Bull Moose's cheap packaging. This is the first time I have ordered from Bull Moose. Anyone have similar issues when ordering from them?

That is certainly strange. What did they ship it in? Did you contact them via your online account?

As everyone else has said, they always ship in the reinforced mailers. Though, usually I buy in store from them, but some preorders I order through the site.

2 hours ago, the-neil said:

Same as everyone else.  Bull Moose has some of the better mailers I've seen companies use.

I've never heard  Bull Moose's mailers described as "cheap" before. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've always had my preorders mailed Two Day Priority which is AMAZING considering the shipping fees have always been either free or $3.00. 

Edited by Velocity of Sound