The Caretaker / Leyland Kirby thread

axotyl

1.jpg

https://boomkat.com/products/everywhere-at-the-end-of-time

Limited edition vinyl, first 300 copies pressed on blue vinyl.

don't know if there is any interest here, but figured i'd post just in case since some of Leyland's stuff goes for quite a bit these days.

a repress of 'An empty bliss beyond this World' will also be available on boomkat on 10/6

Edited by axotyl

4 minutes ago, apeman said:

Thanks for posting this. Where did you find the info about 'An Empty Bliss...' getting a repress?

im on the mailing list.

THE CARETAKER
'An empty bliss beyond this World'

The much sought after 'An Empty Bliss' album is being repressed again on vinyl due to high demand and will be available on October 6th at Boomkat and the following week via other respectable stores. 

Recently it's been selling for obscene amounts of money so I hope if you've been wanting a physical copy of this work that you are finally able to get yourself one.

Thanks again for the huge interest in this work.

BUY THE VINYL AT BOOMKAT FROM OCTOBER THE 6th

Got the blue a while ago - I cannot wait to buy every single LP in this series. Incredible news, a huge fan of Kirby and his work as the Caretaker.

I already own a copy of An Empty Bliss... but if it's rereleased on coloured wax, I might have to pick it up, just to support him even more. Love this so much.

2 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

were you notified of the vinyl release prior to the mailing list / press announcements about 1/1.5 hours ago? curious whether he moved 300 copies that fast :D

Got an email from Boomkat 2 hours and 10 minutes ago, hopped on it the instant I saw it. They definitely moved 300 copies that fast, I'm impressed.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

With the album itself?  Saw that the downloads are good to go.  Not sure if I'll get to it tonight, but I'm eager as hell to hear it.

https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/

streaming in full. buying the digital now is more or less a subscription, as you will receive all subsequent volumes in the series upon release.

10 hours ago, Derek™ said:

With the album itself?  Saw that the downloads are good to go.  Not sure if I'll get to it tonight, but I'm eager as hell to hear it.

At the time it was just about it coming out. But I listened to it this morning. Really good.

It's a lot less Haunted sounding than Empty Bliss, but the music is excellent - it's still got the 78 static, but is made up of cleaner sounding recordings and longer, less noticeable loops.  As the first part of 6 about Dementia I expect them to devolve slowly into more and more static, gaps, shorter loops, etc.

Couldn't be more excited to have more Caretaker.

That's 100% what I was expecting to hear, based off the writeup on Boomkat's listing.  I can dig that.  I think I'll be throwing it on at work this morning.

10 hours ago, copelandkid said:

https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/

streaming in full. buying the digital now is more or less a subscription, as you will receive all subsequent volumes in the series upon release.

Can't beat the full set for £5.  Very nice.

I knew these were in stock and ready to go, but I (like many others) just got a shipping confirmation.  < 21 hours.  Bravo, Boomkat.

A NEW V/VM WORK IS COMING ON OCTOBER THE 13th.

A new V/Vm release the first for 10 years will be released in October.

There will be full news on this page here then.

News will also be forthcoming about that via all the usual channels.
Bandcamp, Twitter and Facebook

SO MUCH EXCITING KIRBY NEWS AT ONCE.

13 minutes ago, jorgevf said:

Do anyone know if this will be avaliable at any other shop (i don't care if it's black or blue). Norman is sold out too and i can find 2 shops that have it as a preorder but too pricey and don't know if they'll get it or not.

Thanks!

He specifically says that vinyl distribution will be handled by Boomkat. Forced Exposure used to do US distro for HAFTW so you could try there... will be importhe prices though, iirc.

22 minutes ago, jorgevf said:

Do anyone know if this will be avaliable at any other shop (i don't care if it's black or blue). Norman is sold out too and i can find 2 shops that have it as a preorder but too pricey and don't know if they'll get it or not.

Thanks!

Sometimes u gotta take chances, man.

https://driftrecords.com/collections/preorder

PO for repress on black due in November

https://boomkat.com/products/everywhere-at-the-end-of-time?utm_source=Boomkat+Production&utm_campaign=cee1adf164-The_Caretaker_Everywhere_At_The_End_Of_T9_22_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f7c1f6eb34-cee1adf164-

If you missed it, PO it now. Kirby usually represses his stuff but it often takes several years, don't miss out.

1 minute ago, rabbitvinyl said:

I'm confused. I can add the limited edition PO for the blue variant to my cart but everyone's saying it's sold out. 

Does it only notify you once you've finished the order or what? 

That's not the blue. The pictures have the blue, but it's not the blue. Read the description of the LP. Says it's the black repress and blue is sold out.