The Caretaker / Leyland Kirby thread

axotyl

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I wonder if the whole set will be blue vinyl.  I was hoping the colors would shift as the albums descended into the deterioration of the mind, but I'm not complaining.

All about those gold World represses, too.

Was hoping for the same thing, but, as we've seen with the other 3 - It seems Leyland can't really be bothered with the limited edition releases haha, when they come they tend to be the same color (ie the army green repress of the other 3).

At least it's a dark transparent blue. There are worse colors.

36 minutes ago, rooks said:

Was hoping for the same thing, but, as we've seen with the other 3 - It seems Leyland can't really be bothered with the limited edition releases haha, when they come they tend to be the same color (ie the army green repress of the other 3).

At least it's a dark transparent blue. There are worse colors.

Yeah, you're right.  I'm pretty happy with the way the blue variant turned out on that first installment, so I've got no complaints.  Glad we weren't stuck with a marble gray for the next year and a half.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, you're right.  I'm pretty happy with the way the blue variant turned out on that first installment, so I've got no complaints.  Glad we weren't stuck with a marble gray for the next year and a half.

Yeah, exactly. Plus, I hate to use the word aesthetic, but, the rest of the package nails it. 

5 minutes ago, deer said:

Got that blue... utterly beautiful. Excited to get it in.

Honestly I don't mind a same-colour series of 6, since they're all grouped together thematically I think it fits pretty well. The blue on Stage 1 is gorgeous too, so that's a plus.

yeah, i agree. but it's essentially the same blue used for Patience, so having different shades down the line at least would be nice..

Tossing in (more and more) black color pellets with each press of the subsequent albums doesn't seem like it'd take a ton of work – and could warrant some pretty fucking cool results – but I'm not picky.  I'd just love to line up a visually noticeable spectrum of blue shades to accompany the album art, which appears as though it may degrade with the music for each release.  Missed opportunity, trivial or not.  I'd also really enjoy seeing a 6th installment that's a "limited edition" black /500 vs. the standard press.  Just for the hysteria.

@lethalenforcer – have you heard the new album or are you just poking fun at the A E S T H E T I C discussion?

• 2 weeks later...