The Caretaker / Leyland Kirby thread

axotyl

4 hours ago, Vinylhead42069 said:

When I placed my order earlier today there was no limit listed, so I got a second copy for a friend. Now the page for this says one per customer. Do you guys think they're just going to cancel on me? Definitely wouldn't have ordered this way if there had been a limit listed when I placed my order.

I think your friend Edgar Bay will understand. 

1 hour ago, GrapplesInStereo said:

If I was trying to flip I would’ve just used a second card and had it shipped to my office. I was legitimately  ordering this for a friend. Boomkat fulfilled the order so no big deal.

Don't worry Grapples, Kanye Kess was just worried he'd have to compete with another seller when he puts his copies up. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

@Multiverse Looks like you'll be able to pick these up + more at a late time. From his Facebook:

"Some represses of The Caretaker's 'Everywhere at the end of time' have landed and are available from Boomkat now. Stages 1-3 are are available as a set and Stages 4-6 will roll out in a couple of weeks time. Individual copies will also be sold in time. Copies are sadly limited, not by design, but by imposed pressing plant run limitations.

More copies are on back order so if you do miss out then don't worry. We are also aiming to get records into Europe, The United States and elsewhere in time and to cut down on your personal shipping costs. 'An empty bliss' and also 'Patience' will be available on vinyl again in the next months.
These works have all been repressed due to second hand prices being completely out of hand."

30 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Hmm, if they pop up at a local store, and if there's nothing else that has my wallet's attention, then I'll actually buy both box sets. Convenience and being able to skip the direct-order process is everything.

This will just be a bundle of the 3 albums, not a boxset. I got both the 1-3 and 4-6 from boomkat when they were available in 2019, and it was individual albums shipped together at a slightly discounted price --£10 cheaper when I got them though.

2 hours ago, ghost said:

@Multiverse Looks like you'll be able to pick these up + more at a late time. From his Facebook:

"Some represses of The Caretaker's 'Everywhere at the end of time' have landed and are available from Boomkat now. Stages 1-3 are are available as a set and Stages 4-6 will roll out in a couple of weeks time. Individual copies will also be sold in time. Copies are sadly limited, not by design, but by imposed pressing plant run limitations.

More copies are on back order so if you do miss out then don't worry. We are also aiming to get records into Europe, The United States and elsewhere in time and to cut down on your personal shipping costs. 'An empty bliss' and also 'Patience' will be available on vinyl again in the next months.
These works have all been repressed due to second hand prices being completely out of hand."

hell yes, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Grant Gee did the famous Radiohead documentary Meeting People Is Easy. I sat through Patience (After Sebald) but only because I was wired on caffeine.

It's a good documentary, but the score does make you want to nod off a bit (although IIRC there's a lot of "shortwave" sounds included, since there's a strong WW2 theme).

But mostly after 20 minutes, IMO, you're going to come away with the feeling that you'd rather read Sebald than sit through a 90 minute ambient hype-doc about him.

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, bonedigger said:

I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere but I couldn't find a definite answer.  Does boomkat charge for pre-orders right away or when they ship? Definitely interested in some of these Caretaker represses 

these are likely in stock and shipping now, haven't ever seen them take actual pre-orders for his stuff