Jump to content
axotyl

The Caretaker / Leyland Kirby thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Wow I missed this thread earlier this month apparently.  Did anyone get an extra copy of the blue or black second movement of Caretaker?  Kicking myself.  At least I have this new one ordered now.

it seems they have done a pretty good job of keeping the first one in press so i am sure they will do the same for this second one. amazon also has a preorder for it:

https://www.amazon.com/Everywhere-End-Time-Stage-CARETAKER/dp/B071QWF91V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492706885&sr=8-1&keywords=caretaker+everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, axotyl said:

it seems they have done a pretty good job of keeping the first one in press so i am sure they will do the same for this second one. amazon also has a preorder for it:

https://www.amazon.com/Everywhere-End-Time-Stage-CARETAKER/dp/B071QWF91V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492706885&sr=8-1&keywords=caretaker+everywhere

Ah phew!  That is good to hear.  Thought I missed the boat for sure.

 

Edit: Good looks; I found a preorder for the black at DeepDiscount.  $20.50 ppd.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/the-caretaker-everywhere-at-the-end-of-time-stage-2/5060165482887

Edited by thievedrelic
link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Wow I missed this thread earlier this month apparently.  Did anyone get an extra copy of the blue or black second movement of Caretaker?  Kicking myself.  At least I have this new one ordered now.

If you're vigilant, you might be able to snag a retail copy of the blue from Boomkat. They put up extra blue stock of the First Movement a few weeks after it had sold out, so keep an eye out there. I would be shocked if there isn't  at least a second pressing coinciding with widely available distribution copies for this latest movement though. 

Edited by copelandkid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

If you're vigilant, you might be able to snag a retail copy of the blue from Boomkat. They put up extra blue stock of the First Movement a few weeks after it had sold out, so keep an eye out there. I would be shocked if there isn't  at least a second pressing coinciding with widely available distribution copies for this latest movement though. 

yeah im sure they hold a few back for replacements in case any of the initial orders go missing or arrived damaged and then put them up for sale afterwards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rooks said:

Leyland back with some V/VM cuts - recorded in '06 and mixed in '17 by Miles from Demdike Stare.

 

1 sided LP, samples sound awesome.

 

https://boomkat.com/products/brabant-schrobbeler

Boy I sure wish there were a way to order all these at the same time instead of paying US shipping for one album each time they trickle one out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

Boy I sure wish there were a way to order all these at the same time instead of paying US shipping for one album each time they trickle one out.

Haha you're not wrong by any means, but I appreciate the fact that Boomkat's shipping to the US is still less than $5 per shipment.  Especially considering places in the US to the US are sometimes 7+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rooks said:

Haha you're not wrong by any means, but I appreciate the fact that Boomkat's shipping to the US is still less than $5 per shipment.  Especially considering places in the US to the US are sometimes 7+.

I guess I am doing it wrong; I usually throw another item or two in since I am ordering anyway, and then get the premium packaging to ensure they arrive in OK shape.  My shipping ends up being £14.80 ( ~$19).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, thievedrelic said:

I guess I am doing it wrong; I usually throw another item or two in since I am ordering anyway, and then get the premium packaging to ensure they arrive in OK shape.  My shipping ends up being £14.80 ( ~$19).

Ohhh I see. I go cheapest option "Parcel Post" or whatever it's called. Usually like 3.60  GBP which is under 5 bucks. Always shows up in perfect condition, I've only EVER in probably near a hundred+ orders (boomkat is my most frequent vendor) had an issue  and it was just warping on a Laurel Halo record and they sent me a replacement without issue.

 

I've never used the premium shipping and probably never would unless the order was a ~$100-$200 box set.

 

 

Just so you know since you seem concerned with packaging - the cheapest option is a record-sized box, no overhang lips/edges (think amazon). Inside the box the record is wrapped in cushioned plastic wrap and taped tightly to an inner cardboard piece. It's a solid little package and I've never had issue (save once that was probably due to weather more than packaging).

Edited by rooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just want to clarify the orders on these things since I'm still kinda new to his work. "When We Parted My Heart Wanted To Die", "Sadly, The Future Is No Longer What It Was, and "Memories Live Longer Than Dreams" are all part of a 2009 series "Sadly, The Future Is No Longer What It Was" right?

 

Then he has his new series "Everywhere at the End of Time" that's a 6-part finale to this project right? And each of those is getting a vinyl press as well right? Just tough to keep up with/hard to decide if I want all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×