RSD Black Friday - 2016

16 minutes ago, kyacrash said:

Am I the only one who wants RunDMC? I love that song!

https://www.discogs.com/Run-DMC-Christmas-In-Hollis/release/6340681

This came out for BF RSD in 2014, as to why they decided to do an overpriced picture disc of something they already did baffles me... Oh wait, that's right, $$$$$.

25 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

This came out for BF RSD in 2014, as to why they decided to do an overpriced picture disc of something they already did baffles me... Oh wait, that's right, $$$$$.

Ahhh gotcha. That actually sounds like standard RSD procedure....

Sounds like something from Soundgarden for Black Friday, according to this article.

http://loudwire.com/soundgarden-kim-thayil-vinyl-reissues-new-album-more/

Kim, is there anything you can tell us more about what’s to come in terms of Soundgarden. There’s some other rereleases, new music, timeline? Anything that you can share?

There are definitely other catalog projects that I’ve been overseeing over the past year and one of them is the record I referred to, earlier from the SST label which is out of Long Beach. That record, Ultramega OK, we’ve remastered and [it’s being] remixed here in Seattle … and we’re hoping to put that out early next year. We’ve moved the labels, we’re putting that out on Sup Pop. All the paperwork is in order. We have something slated for Black Friday and I think the most exciting thing in the next few months is we’re hoping, we plan to, the street date of November 18th with the 25th anniversary boxed for Badmotorfinger.

Edited by kramer73

On 9/26/2016 at 8:21 PM, Reshiram454 said:

There's still a bunch of these left over in the local shops from 2014!

Actually very pleased to see the Mr. Hankey Xmas release. 

It's an existing vinyl release that was only ever put out as a promo item, that almost never actually shows up for sale at any price. 

Curious about what 'scent' it will have. Do we have many examples of scented records?

The idea of a record out-gassing an odor is concerning however...

12 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

It's an existing vinyl release that was only ever put out as a promo item, that almost never actually shows up for sale at any price. 

Curious about what 'scent' it will have. Do we have many examples of scented records?

the shaun of the dead had a variant that was strawberry scented, it kept the scent for at least a year or 2 I bought it secondhand but no longer have it

15 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

I have a feeling everyone's gonna assume it's gonna smell like shit but they're gonna surprise us and make it Christmas related like pine or gingerbread. 

Isn't that guy always talking about how stuff smells flowery? Placing my bet on "flower" scented vinyl.

I used to make skateboard for a living, and one client asked us to make decks that smelled like shit after the graphic was scratched off. We got special ink in to print the graphics that said "dog poop" on it, and it smelled just like shit. I wouldn't put it past the South Park guys to make a shit scented record. 

8 hours ago, EHughes527 said:

I have a Ghosbusters 12" in a puffy sleeve that smells like marshmallow, two years down the line, the smell is still there.

On 9/27/2016 at 9:33 PM, kramer73 said:

Sounds like something from Soundgarden for Black Friday, according to this article.

http://loudwire.com/soundgarden-kim-thayil-vinyl-reissues-new-album-more/

Kim, is there anything you can tell us more about what’s to come in terms of Soundgarden. There’s some other rereleases, new music, timeline? Anything that you can share?

There are definitely other catalog projects that I’ve been overseeing over the past year and one of them is the record I referred to, earlier from the SST label which is out of Long Beach. That record, Ultramega OK, we’ve remastered and [it’s being] remixed here in Seattle … and we’re hoping to put that out early next year. We’ve moved the labels, we’re putting that out on Sup Pop. All the paperwork is in order. We have something slated for Black Friday and I think the most exciting thing in the next few months is we’re hoping, we plan to, the street date of November 18th with the 25th anniversary boxed for Badmotorfinger.

SOMMs, edItion perhaps of BadmotorFinger?

On 9/23/2016 at 3:11 PM, timsimmons said:

Bullmoose just posted 6 releases. Maybe you guys know of more.

http://www.bullmoose.com/c/13438/rsd-bf-2016

Alice In Chains - Live - Facelift (150g Vinyl) ($20)

Bob Dylan - The Real Royal Albert Hall 1966 Concert (2 LP) (140g Vinyl) ($23)

My little Pony - Friendship Is Magic Explore Equestria: Greatest Hits (Picture Disc) ($20)

Run DMC - Christmas In Hollis (Picture Disc) ($23)

V/A - South Park Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics (Brown, Scented Vinyl) ($23) 

Jimi Hendrix - Morning Symphony Ideas (Clear Yellow Vinyl) ($12)

Add to the list:

Calabar-Itu Road- Groovy Sounds From South Eastern Nigeria 1972-1982 (2 LP) ($27)

Connection- A Christmas Gift For... ($15)

Isaac Hayes- Do Your Thing ($17)

James Brown's Funky People Part 3 (2 LP) ($29)

Jungle Brothers- Done By The Forces of Nature (2 LP) ($27)

Rudy Ray Moore- This Ain't No White Christmas ($20)

UGK feat. Outkast- Int'l Players Athem (I Choose You)- Texas Shaped Picture Disc ($28)

Found these on Fab.ca (Canadian Distributor)

Comeback Kid     2016RSD2 - Turn It Around (Ltd/Color/Download)     Hardcore
Death By Stereo 2016RSD2 - Into The Valley of the Death (Ltd/Color vinyl)     Punk
Deicide     2016RSD2 - To Hell With God (Ltd/Fire-Splatter/Gatefold)     Metal
Elliott     2016RSD2 - Song In The Air (Ltd/Color/Download)     Alternative
Integrity     2016RSD2 - Seasons In The Size Of Days (Ltd/White/Gatefold/Download)     Hardcore
Knockout Kid     2016RSD2 - Manic (Ltd/Color/Bonus Track)     Punk
V/A     2016RSD2 - Generations: A Hardcore Compilation (Ltd/Green/Download)     Hardcore