RSD Black Friday - 2016

53 minutes ago, booms528 said:

i grabbed one on ebay at 16 plus shipping an hour or two ago.... there's one on discogs now for 20 plus shipping now if you wanna jump on that?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/9410634?ev=rb

Just saw this now and missed it. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Thanks for the heads up! 

2 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Was $29.99 on Friday .

You know what gets me going, the fact that I bought the original press of this at Criminsl Records gor $11.99. Yup! $11.99! How the heck is at $30 for a single LP. Am I missing something here...? The pricing on these RSD titles are getting way out of hand....

Sorry for my rant... 

2 minutes ago, Barberbro said:

You know what gets me going, the fact that I bought the original press of this at Criminsl Records gor $11.99. Yup! $11.99! How the heck is at $30 for a single LP. Am I missing something here...? The pricing on these RSD titles are getting way out of hand....

Sorry for my rant... 

A lot of the releases are like that now, people are paying 20-30+ for even a single a lot of the time which is insane but to each there own I guess. I just get the one or two biggest releases I want or anything that is super limited and watch the prices drop on everything else once the hype dies down.

9 minutes ago, hype said:

A lot of the releases are like that now, people are paying 20-30+ for even a single a lot of the time which is insane but to each there own I guess. I just get the one or two biggest releases I want or anything that is super limited and watch the prices drop on everything else once the hype dies down.

Shit's crazy. I felt stupid paying $30 for a 2xLP repress of a record that has never had a vinyl release in the US.

I'll admit I sometimes give in to the hype, but usually what I get at least holds its value at what I paid for it.

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Shit's crazy. I felt stupid paying $30 for a 2xLP repress of a record that has never had a vinyl release in the US.

I'll admit I sometimes give in to the hype, but usually what I get at least holds its value at what I paid for it.

I def. have as well. I think a release here and there is cool to do that with otherwise it is just an endless money pit wondering how you spent so much all the time because it adds up quick. The real crazy thing are people dropping the insane amounts on the secondary market for releases that you can still find somewhat reasonably if you look around just a tiny bit. I enjoy digging for deals here and there anyways though which makes it more gratifying on purchases and much easier on the wallet haha.

30 minutes ago, Barberbro said:

Sorry for my rant... 

I hear ya, man. When I first started buying records almost 20 years ago, it was a nice little hobby that a kid like me in high school could afford. Now I increasingly feel like throwing in the towel.

I miss Criminal Records, was a neat spot that was kind of underrated. Tiny Record Shop is run by the guy that owns Paper Bag Records (the label that originally released A Lesson in Crime) , so they're obviously going to milk this release as much as possible. If you think Discogs pricing is crazy, check out the prices on the used stuff while you're there.

1 hour ago, hype said:

I def. have as well. I think a release here and there is cool to do that with otherwise it is just an endless money pit wondering how you spent so much all the time because it adds up quick. The real crazy thing are people dropping the insane amounts on the secondary market for releases that you can still find somewhat reasonably if you look around just a tiny bit. I enjoy digging for deals here and there anyways though which makes it more gratifying on purchases and much easier on the wallet haha.

I'll admit that I dropped $90 on that Sean Price box too...I couldn't find it anywhere and I knew it was going to stick around that amount. That said I still feel a little stupid about it.

Not an RSD exclusive, but still super limited and released on RSDBF.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'll admit that I dropped $90 on that Sean Price box too...I couldn't find it anywhere and I knew it was going to stick around that amount. That said I still feel a little stupid about it.

Not an RSD exclusive, but still super limited and released on RSDBF.

Did you get the Sean Price box already or are you getting it shipped? I was curious how well it was all put together. If I had not bought the beatles box over the weekend I probably would have strongly considered getting that as well. Hopefully I can catch it for a deal in the future but I do not see those going down all that much at all.

Edited by hype

5 hours ago, hype said:

Did you get the Sean Price box already or are you getting it shipped? I was curious how well it was all put together. If I had not bought the beatles box over the weekend I probably would have strongly considered getting that as well. Hopefully I can catch it for a deal in the future but I do not see those going down all that much at all.

I just messaged you

7 hours ago, hype said:

Getting it shipped. I'm guessing I won't see it for a little bit though because it's still in pre-shipment from Amoeba :/

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Getting it shipped. I'm guessing I won't see it for a little bit though because it's still in pre-shipment from Amoeba :/

Then it has to go through Bell Gardens USPS center.  I've had stuff from Amoeba sit there for a day and I've had it sit there for almost a week.

Still showing as available. Check again bud. 

15 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

Subscribed for notifications when turntable lab put broccoli up. Had to come here to find that it was sold out. Never got an email from them... 

https://www.turntablelab.com/collections/black-friday-record-store-day-2016/products/d-r-a-m-broccoli-pic-disc-vinyl-7-record-store-day