PO Now: Sumac - Before you I appear

bortx

Before You I Appear is pressed on virgin vinyl in a limited quantity with free download card.

In composing music, SUMAC opts for a process of simultaneous construction and dismantlement. Long-form rock based structures are distended to the point of erosion, reiterated in continually alternating sequences, and plied with extra-musical implements of chaos and tonal abstraction. Through the practice of psychophysical exertion and sensorial disorientation the music becomes a tangible projection of the players underlying emotions and spirit.

Furthering this dynamic approach, SUMAC has invited similarly like-minded artists to reconfigure and deconstruct pieces from their latest album What One Becomes. Samuel Kerridge, Bleed Turquoise, Kevin Drumm and Japan’s ENDON offer up beautifully bent interpretations of the original work. The results range from impossibly dense and perpetually ascending psych-noise blowouts, to subdued passages of subtly curdled drones punctuated by disembodied vocal excretions.

Though stylistically differentiated from the source material, all four tracks posses a parallel predilection for combining combustable atmospherics and emotionally penetrative musical maneuvers. 

http://www.thrilljockey.com/products/before-you-i-appear

Preorder for 12. 09. 2016

Edited by bortx
Preorder date