Hurricane Matthew vs. VC

jhulud

I'm pretty much right on the coast in Myrtle Beach SC so we're looking at least 10 inches of rain and being on the "tornado" producing side of it. And the newer tracking models show it coming closer and closer to land sooooo be safe everyone. Make sure you get your milk and bread for those milk bread sammichs now!

Edited by KingTacoMunster

59 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

When are you supposed to get hit? My parents are in Ft Lauderdale until tomorrow. Hope they make it out before the storm or they might be delayed for a bit.

They'll be OK. I'm in West Palm Beach. About 45 minutes or so north of FTL. If they're leaving tomorrow they'll be OK. We're not expecting to start feeling anything til around Wednesday mid-day. 

7 minutes ago, jhulud said:

They'll be OK. I'm in West Palm Beach. About 45 minutes or so north of FTL. If they're leaving tomorrow they'll be OK. We're not expecting to start feeling anything til around Wednesday mid-day. 

Oh West Palm Beach. Is st Mary's hospital still in service?

As someone who grew up in the Northeast I never went through anything terrible other than Sandy, which can't compare to some of the things the south has seen. Hope you all make it through safely. Best case it'll just brush the coast and turn, but always prepare for it making landfall just in case.

I fear with simply its impact in Haiti and the Bahamas the name will already be a candidate for retirement. Hurricanes are scary.

13 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

I'm pretty much right on the coast in Myrtle Beach SC so we're looking at least 10 inches of rain and being on the "tornado" producing side of it. And the newer tracking models show it coming closer and closer to land sooooo be safe everyone. Make sure you get your milk and bread for those milk bread sammichs now!

I already got 3 gallons and 3 loaves my dude!!! After that huge inland flood last year, nothing seems impossible even being inland and near mid state :( 

1 hour ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

I already got 3 gallons and 3 loaves my dude!!! After that huge inland flood last year, nothing seems impossible even being inland and near mid state :( 

yea, I guess the walmart closest to me is already sold out of water and bread so needless to say im hitting the stores inbetween my work and home to grab a few things, even though I think its not going to be a big problem

The latest track has it even further west now. That means we're definitely going to get hit by at least the outer bands and whatnot. It's gonna suck all day Thursday and well into the night. That means that the Henry Rollins show on Thursday night will potentially be postponed or cancelled. Honestly...It'd be pretty irresponsible of the venue to still hold the event in the midst of a storm like that.