Westworld (HBO Show)

YouTwo

12 minutes ago, Unique Antics said:

I really love the theory that the Man In Black is 

Hide contents

William. There was a Reddit post soon after his episode appearance that suggested we're seeing two different Westworld timelines. The biggest giveaway is the Westworld logo being different during the scene where William chooses his outfit. Also Teddy doesn't appear on the train into Westworld with William.

Pretty sure this theory is correct. Too many clues point to this being the case. Also...

Spoiler

the other theory is that Will's friend Logan is the story influence for Hector (the outlaw host from episode 1).

3 hours ago, Unique Antics said:

I really love the theory that the Man In Black is 

Reveal hidden contents

William. There was a Reddit post soon after his episode appearance that suggested we're seeing two different Westworld timelines. The biggest giveaway is the Westworld logo being different during the scene where William chooses his outfit. Also Teddy doesn't appear on the train into Westworld with William.

This theory just blew my mind!  I will be re-watching the first 3 episodes this weekend.  

On 10/20/2016 at 10:31 AM, stl_ben said:

Guessing the Man in black has 30 years of tolerance built up and can take a robo-bullet a little better than a noob.

I was thinking that, but it seemed like the mechanics of it even looked a little different from what I remember - like when the Man in Black was shot, there was a spark or something, no? Maybe just an inconsistency.

I really like the player piano bits, but it can also be really distracting.  It was at least a full 3 minutes after the conclusion of the scene with the piano before I was yelling at my wife, "IT WAS THE CURE!" and in that time I hadn't heard a single other thing that happened.

16 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Does anyone else feel like when you're watching this show that you're just understanding fragments of a story but have no idea what the bigger picture is?  I definitely need to re-watch but I was planning on doing that after the whole season is done.  

Especially after watching this week's episode, I agree completely. Figured there would have to be more than meets the eye to the show than just the obvious plot from the film, so it's interesting seeing how big of a maze the story is going to turn into. Definitely feel like I need to rewatch all the episodes once the season wraps to hopefully get a better understanding of all that is going on.

So now that it seems a bit clearer that the Man in Black is in fact human and not Arnold, kind of curious if Bernard is going to turn out to be a copy/host of Arnold? Feels like Ford has some sort of odd god-complex beyond just Westworld's park (which is pretty self-explanatory given what he created), and his tabs and conversations with Bernard seem a little too pointed.

Edited by chkadea

On 10/31/2016 at 6:53 PM, jhulud said:

Fuckin' A. Each episode brings up more and more questions and no answers. Just hints and misleading info. Red herrings left and right. 

And NIN's "Something I Can Never Have" during the orgy scene. Interesting choice. Heh. 

While I definitely enjoy watching every episode, just from the visuals and mood it sets, this whole show feels like a smoking gun. Maybe I'm impatient, but making things more confusing every week without really hinting at anyone's motives is making it hard to connect with the characters or plot. 

Lawrence made a pretty quick turnaround from being exsanguinated to then popping up in Pariah - seems like more evidence of multiple timelines. Also, yay to Logan getting the piss beat out of him!

Edited by chkadea

9 hours ago, Unique Antics said:

It's interesting to see on other boards/sites the hostility with the one timeline or two timeline theory. 

Hostile? Speaking just in terms of trivial entertainment, I don't understand why anyone would be so convinced of something to the point of being angry, when it's completely ambiguous.

4 hours ago, YouTwo said:
  Hide contents

I did not see that coming last night about Bernard.  I've been trying not to read a whole lot of fan theories so maybe it was expected.  

It was heavily hinted in the Pilot that he was. If you re-watch the second to last scene, you'll go "Oh man, how did I not catch that?"

1. I love this show.

2. I'm 1.5 episodes behind so I'm typing this while trying my best not to read the last page of posts.

rwxx1ocp2jg9zi3idx0k.png

3. I just hung out with Ptolemy Slocum (aka Sylvester the red-headed douchebag butcher/reassembly worker) for my podcast and we talked a bit about Westworld's use of piano covers of popular songs in its score. Warning: Slocum is a comedian and improviser and our show is a comedy podcast so things get silly/weird before we dish out the Westworld behind-the-scenes info.  Listen here: http://www.modernsuperior.com/podcasts/surface-noise/episode-6-renegade/

Edited by richardsurf

25 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Did anyone catch the player piano song last night?  I was really disappointed that I couldn't figure it out.

The only song I noticed last night was one that plays a lot during the series (mainly seems to be the start of each day).  I think it might be an original for the show.  

2 hours ago, Unique Antics said:

It was heavily hinted in the Pilot that he was. If you re-watch the second to last scene, you'll go "Oh man, how did I not catch that?"

I'm waiting for the whole season to be over and then I'm going to re-watch.  I'm sure there will be a lot of those moments.  

Spoiler

I'm guessing that the host that was being made in the basement will be "Replacement Teresa". Unlike the disappearance of Elsie, I'm not sure how easily it'll be to explain away the disappearance of a higher up. Plus it fits with the idea of Ford being 2 steps ahead of everyone. Teresa's murder was premeditated and surely Ford has a plan in place. It would also explain why Bernard has been so obsessed with the minute details of Teresa's facial tics. Bernard and Ford have been creating Teresa's host.