PO (final wave 12/14) - Little Elephant Living Room Sessions

deer

http://www.littleelephantlive.com/

http://www.punktastic.com/radar/little-elephant-to-release-living-room-sessions-on-vinyl/

So Little Elephant put together a custom high-quality lathe and are going to be releasing between 10 and 15 different sessions on black lathe records every Wednesday until the end of the year.

Lathes will be packaged in a hand-numbered screen-printed jacket.

Sessions live 10/12:

Spoiler

Modern Baseball

Counterparts (session 1)

Sorority Noise (session 1)

Spraynard

Jank

Pentimento (session 1)

Koji (session 1)

Timeshares

Head North

Kingmaker (session 1)

Walter Mitty & HMO

Future Crooks

Narrow/Arrow

Caleb & Carolyn

Ryan Kerr

Sessions live 10/19:

Spoiler

Alaska

Brave Bird

Cayetana

Foxing

Into It. Over It.

Our Lady

Shy, Low

Signals Midwest

Such Gold

The City On Film

The Island Of Misfit Toys

The Reptilian

The Soil & The Sun

Three Man Cannon

Tim Kasher

Sessions live 10/26:

Spoiler

Chase Huglin

Clique

Cory Branan

Dependence

Expire

Household

I/O

Pinegrove

Posture and the Grizzly

Runaway Brother

Slingshot Dakota

Take One Car

The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid To Die

Sessions live 11/9:

Spoiler

Bears and Company
Broken Beak
Chris Farren

Daisyhead
Dikembe
Jeff Rosenstock

John Galm
Laura Stevenson

Myles Cone and The Rusty Nickel Band

Ovlov

Restorations

Secret Stuff

Soul Low.

Sundressed

Sessions live 11/16:

Spoiler

'68

CityCop

Dads

Dead Leaves

Dolfish

Edhochuli

Empire! Empire! (I Was A Lonely Estate)

Joie De Vivre

Molly's Worst Enemy

Motives

Old Gray

People Like You

Rozwell Kid

Sport

The Good Life

The Greenery

The Obsessives

Warren Franklin

Weatherbox

Sessions live 11/23:

Spoiler

Astpai

Behold The Brave

Comrades

Dowsing

Gates

Grey Gordon

Gulfer

Light Years

Pentimento #2

Pillow Talk

Such Gold #2

Take One Car #2

Those Manic Seas

Vasudeva

You Blew It!

Sessions live 11/30:

Spoiler

Alaska #2

Annabel

Anthony Jay Sanders

Brigades

Brightside

Choir Vandals

Chumped

Grand Détour

Henrietta

I Love Your Lifestyle

Lee Corey Oswald

Molly Drag

Pine

Prawn

Red City Radio

Sorority Noise #2

Transit

Young Statues

Sessions live 12/7:

Spoiler

After The Fall

Aviator

O'Brother

Typesetter

Donovan Wolfington

All Dogs

The Smith Street Band

Infinite Me

TTNG

Counterparts #2

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

CityCop #2

Kittyhawk

Del Paxton

Fossil Youth

Stephen Steinbrink

Weatherbox #2

Half Waif

Kingmaker #2

The Superweaks

Sessions live 12/14:

Spoiler

AJJ

Dolfish #2

Frameworks

Fun Home

Good Personalities

Kevin Devine

Koji #2

No Stranger

Palamara

PEARS

River City Extension

Secret Stuff #2

Shy, Low #2

The Dirty Nil

The Sidekicks

The So So Glos

The Traveling Suitcase

Warren Franklin & TFF #2

Worship This!

You, Me, And Everyone We Know

Their sessions on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/littleelephantrecord/videos?flow=grid&view=0&sort=p

I'll be keeping this thread updated with the list of all the lathe releases that are announced until the end of the year. Looking forward to seeing quite a few of these get cut.

Edited by deer

Dude. It depends completely on the lathe used to cut the record and the material the record is cut into. Lathes vary wildly.

Considering how new this equipment is and how they've made it with the intention of giving the best possible result, it will probably sound better than any lathe made on those old machines with plexiglass or whatnot.

These are all going to be very small runs, so there's no reasonable way for them to be traditionally pressed on vinyl. It's either lathe cuts or no cuts.

They also just posted a video explaining how they make them. Summary: new cutting head from Switzerland, is only the number of tracks from that session (2-3 songs). Screen printed jacket and hand numbered as ordered. Don't know.... $12 bucks max for some of these sessions? Would definately love MoBo, Spraynard, or Sorority Noise.

Confirming via a YouTube comment that Expire's session goes for sale October 26th. (A bit random, yes, but this has been the only release confirmed in the future so far)

Also confirming via a YouTube comment that each record will be $15. Reasoning: "I know it may seem a little pricey for 3 songs, but they are not cheap to make and each record takes a whole lot of time and love <3"

It would most likely be safe to assume that Modern Baseball, Sorority Noise, Spraynard, and Into It. Over It.'s sessions will go live this Wednesday the 12th, due to their inclusion in the videos.

8 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

not the cheapest lathe I've seen but not the most expensive either, I might be in for a couple. i'm going to guess it will only be one each week but I don't know

If you're asking about the number of releases available per week - there will be 10 to 15 different sessions available every week until the end of the year, as far as I understand. Which is a lot. Some of these are probably going to be much more popular than others. They've done a hell of a lot of sessions.

I can already feel that some of these will become rare collectors items down the line for the more popular bands if they are only cutting them for a limited time, and depending on how many end up being ordered/how far the news gets out to. Foxing, Mobo, Counterparts, TWIABP, etc etc... I know full variant collectors for many of these bands. Should be interesting.

7 minutes ago, deer said:

If you're asking about the number of releases available per week - there will be 10 to 15 different sessions available every week until the end of the year, as far as I understand. Which is a lot. Some of these are probably going to be much more popular than others. They've done a hell of a lot of sessions.

I can already feel that some of these will become rare collectors items down the line for the more popular bands if they are only cutting them for a limited time, and depending on how many end up being ordered/how far the news gets out to. Foxing, Mobo, Counterparts, TWIABP, etc etc... I know full variant collectors for many of these bands. Should be interesting.

oh I misunderstood I was guessing one a week for the rest of the year and maybe one or two extras here and there totaling 15, that's going to be quite a release schedule then

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

oh I misunderstood I was guessing one a week for the rest of the year and maybe one or two extras here and there totaling 15, that's going to be quite a release schedule then

Hell yeah - I'm honestly excited. So many smaller bands are going to be a part of this, can't wait to see what the non-big-name bands will be.

Edited by deer

It's a good question. I'm entirely unsure. Could either be "only sold on this date" or "starts being sold on this date". The extent of details on that level I know for sure is that they're making everything to order and no extras or pre-making a ton and only selling some. What they receive in orders is what they will cut, as far as I know.

I do suspect they'll only have the week's 15 bands available for that week, though. Imagine getting to the end of the year, and having between 120 and 180 different bands' sessions being ordered randomly and in small batches. They'd have to prep the lathe with different music for a huge amount of bands to fulfill orders by the end of all of that if everything was available permanently. To save effort and time I'd imagine groups of bands will be available for limited times, maybe it'd rotate once the initial 12 weeks passes? Either way, I expect it to be time-sensitive.

Who knows, honestly, not everything is set in stone yet. Interested to see.

Edited by deer