eBay seller Altulga

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so sorry if not.  Anyone ever bought anything on eBay from a vinyl seller called "Altulga"? Sells a huge variety of stuff, and I won an auction for No Wings To Speak Of by Hopesfall on 01/10. I paid for it the same day, and almost a week later still haven't had a dispatch notice. Tried contacting them on eBay a few times, but have had no response. They've got a shitload of good feedback, and delivery isn't due until 9th to 20th October, but I'm sceptical I'm actually gonna receive it or hear back.

To be fair, his complaint isn't that he hasn't received the record yet, but that the seller hasn't even told him it shipped.  Still not worthy of a thread here or a freakout, but it IS annoying when sellers either a.) take more than a few days to ship (unless they state upfront "I ship once a week" or whatever and/or b.) Don't let you know when it's shipped.

Edited by hammertime

C'mon guys, like @hammertime said, I don't expect to have received it yet. I know it takes a while for records to ship to the UK - it's not the first time I've ordered a record from the states.  I'm more concerned that the account states "usually ships within 1 day of cleared payment" and the guy has ignored 2 of my messages. To be honest, I only posted a thread to see if the guy has messed anyone on here about in the past. Thanks for the help though. 

I think the point is just sit tight until the 20th. Or have you sent a message chasing it up? Where is the seller based? Considering the storm, may have an impact on shipping stuff out and, for obvious reasons, the seller would be busy ensuring survival. 

I always give it 3 weeks before considering chasing - nature of the beast!

Yeah, man, that's what I fully intended on doing. Just wanted a heads up from anyone who may have dealt with them before. I've messaged them, but had no reply. He's based in New Jersey so I'm not 100% on whether he'll be affected or not? If that's the case, I wouldn't even consider my record being sent out as a priority in the slightest. 

Anyway, thanks for a helpful reply!