PO: Speak the Truth (MO Senses Fail, Finch) ...even If Your Voice Shakes 7"

Been seeing this on twitter and as more details came out decided to share. 

Speak the Truth is Buddy Neilson of Senses Fail and Daniel, Alex L. and Alex P. of Finch.

Album is called "...even If Your Voice Shakes" and is being release on Bad Timing records (apparently).

I'm guessing PO in next month by the stage of things. What do you guys think?

Edited by MCDELTAT

4 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Hadn't heard the title or that they had signed to BTR. Also didn't even realize the record was even close to being finished. 

We shall see I guess.... they've got at least one song since it comes out Oct. 19th, but I think it's finished. And I thought it was weird that they only announcement of BTR involvement was at the end of the video above. 

Edited by MCDELTAT

Just to clear up some confusion...   I believe "Speak the Truth" consists of Buddy Neilsen (Senses Fail), Daniel Wonacott (Finch), Alex Linarez (Finch), and Alex Pappas (Finch).  Last I heard, Randy Strohmeyer had moved to Boston w/ his wife and was working on opening a studio to start producing bands, and Nate Barcalow has a new project w/ a buddy of mine named Kenny Finn (Just Eleanor).  I haven't heard anything beyond the music that they already posted, but I talk to Pappas and Wonacott pretty regularly and they are both really excited about it.  I'll ask them what they are planning as far as vinyl releases go.

24 minutes ago, jaredisburning said:

Just to clear up some confusion...   I believe "Speak the Truth" consists of Buddy Neilsen (Senses Fail), Daniel Wonacott (Finch), Alex Linarez (Finch), and Alex Pappas (Finch).  Last I heard, Randy Strohmeyer had moved to Boston w/ his wife and was working on opening a studio to start producing bands, and Nate Barcalow has a new project w/ a buddy of mine named Kenny Finn (Just Eleanor).  I haven't heard anything beyond the music that they already posted, but I talk to Pappas and Wonacott pretty regularly and they are both really excited about it.  I'll ask them what they are planning as far as vinyl releases go.

Word. Edited above. I barely got to know Finch  before they broke up so not familiar with names.

• 2 weeks later...

As you all know,  Nate's Mike Patton impressions and all things Say Hello to Sunshine and onward weren't to every Finch fans' liking.   Apparently Nate quit Finch, he wanted that direction and the rest of the band didn't want to take chances/make interesting music etc. 

Also Nate gifted fans with 9 unreleased demos from the summer 2015 sessions... they're fire IMHO

Edited by firefoxussr

4 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

As you all know,  Nate's Mike Patton impressions and all things Say Hello to Sunshine and onward weren't to every Finch fans' liking.   Apparently Nate quit Finch, he wanted that direction and the rest of the band didn't want to take chances/make interesting music etc. 

Also Nate gifted fans with 9 unreleased demos from the summer 2015 sessions... they're fire IMHO

SHTS > WIITB

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, rooks said:

SHTS > WIITB

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

well if we are being scientific..... here's what the rest of the band aka the rhythm section (no nate, no randy) wanted to do stylistically:

There's one other track and an oblivion b-side... idk man just not feelin' it!

Edited by firefoxussr

On 10/9/2016 at 9:44 PM, jaredisburning said:

If you would mention to anyone from Finch, a few of us would really like WAV/CD/vinyl/coolUSBstick copies of the 2009 (aka world of violence, all 9 of them) and 2015 demos (aka Phantasma, all 9 of them).   

Edited by firefoxussr

• 2 weeks later...