King Geedorah (MF DOOM) - Take Me To Your Leader

Did anyone get their copy yet?

I just got mine from bullmoose (they still have the red with foil artwork)  Beautiful packaging but unfortunately not a gatefold and didn't come with a DL code.  (That bums me out the most)

http://earcandymusic.biz/king-geedorah-take-me-to-your-leader-2x-lp-colored-vinyl/?gclid=CjwKEAjwsuK_BRDD9ISR1bawwUwSJACbOiixXUfkE_Blx11XazF91VdmqO4dZ1wqgEReLHW0hRrn-hoCp5rw_wcB

Edited by idioteque...

16 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Did anyone get their copy yet?

I just got mine from bullmoose (they still have the red with foil artwork)  Beautiful packaging but unfortunately not a gatefold and didn't come with a DL code.  (That bums me out the most)

http://earcandymusic.biz/king-geedorah-take-me-to-your-leader-2x-lp-colored-vinyl/?gclid=CjwKEAjwsuK_BRDD9ISR1bawwUwSJACbOiixXUfkE_Blx11XazF91VdmqO4dZ1wqgEReLHW0hRrn-hoCp5rw_wcB

I just got mine from Fat Beats. The DL code was a sticker on one of the inner sleeves. I almost didn't notice it. Check your inners. 

5 hours ago, VinylSandwich said:

I just got mine from Fat Beats. The DL code was a sticker on one of the inner sleeves. I almost didn't notice it. Check your inners. 

Thanks man, I just found it.  Probably wouldn't have seen it if not for your assistance.  Packaging is really nice though and  I love the red

18 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Thanks man, I just found it.  Probably wouldn't have seen it if not for your assistance.  Packaging is really nice though and  I love the red

Agreed. The red looks great, and so far, they sound just as good. I normally am annoyed by a 2LP that's not double gatefold, but I'm cool with this packaging since it's thicker material and a little wider to hold 2LP. 

11 hours ago, mellowtooth said:

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/king_geedorah-take_me_to_your_leader_exclusive_2_lp?variant=29182188358

King-Geedorah-Take-Me-To-Your-Leader-Exc

have you guys seen the Newbury Comics variant? Picked one up  for $30  during their recent vinyl sale. Only 300 and they seem to be in stock on the site

damn, I paid full price for this, kinda surprised it has not sold out yet.

Edited by B-dosia

22 hours ago, VinylSandwich said:

Agreed. The red looks great, and so far, they sound just as good. I normally am annoyed by a 2LP that's not double gatefold, but I'm cool with this packaging since it's thicker material and a little wider to hold 2LP. 

Yeah agreed 100% but foil pckaging is always nice so it wins in that way

17 hours ago, mellowtooth said:

https://www.newburycomics.com/products/king_geedorah-take_me_to_your_leader_exclusive_2_lp?variant=29182188358

King-Geedorah-Take-Me-To-Your-Leader-Exc

have you guys seen the Newbury Comics variant? Picked one up  for $30  during their recent vinyl sale. Only 300 and they seem to be in stock on the site

I kind of like the red better but that is nice too but howd you get it for 30$?

I wasn't happy with my last NC purchase - MF DOOM Operation Doomsday. The quality of the press wasn't that great, and unlike what I said about the Fat Beats pressing of King Geedorah, Op Doom was a 2LP stuffed into a regular size sleeve with generic paper inners. Pretty crappy all around for the price. 

So I'm taking a break from NC until something entices me enough to give them another shot. If you have a better experience with King Geedorah, let me know. 

12 hours ago, VinylSandwich said:

I wasn't happy with my last NC purchase - MF DOOM Operation Doomsday. The quality of the press wasn't that great, and unlike what I said about the Fat Beats pressing of King Geedorah, Op Doom was a 2LP stuffed into a regular size sleeve with generic paper inners. Pretty crappy all around for the price. 

So I'm taking a break from NC until something entices me enough to give them another shot. If you have a better experience with King Geedorah, let me know. 

Pretty sure each Newbury exclusive is just a variant of the regular pressing, so the packaging and pressing quality are determined by the label.

15 hours ago, idioteque... said:

Yeah agreed 100% but foil pckaging is always nice so it wins in that way

I kind of like the red better but that is nice too but howd you get it for 30$?

They had an in-store sale off vinyl - didn't even know about it until they rang it up st the counter.

And it's true that Newbury only sells variants made by whichever label is pressing the record,  so the quality is dependent on the label itself,  not NC. But i will say in general i've had mostly good experiences with their releases