Circa Survive - On Letting Go Represses + 10 Year Anniversary Tour

55 minutes ago, highfives said:

So is this press worth the entry fee or should I track down one of the earlier ones?  How's this one compare to the Hot Topic copy?

Edit:  probably not going to track down an HT copy.  The median price on those is fucking dumb.

I think my purple marble hot topic pressing sounded better tbh but I wouldn't say by much

it sounds like they remastered this for some reason (which it didn't need)

• 3 weeks later...

Saw them last night in Denver and was hoping to pick the LP up at the merch table, but they didn't have any! I settled for a t-shirt and decided to order the 3 LP. The show was so good, I was very happy they played 1000 Witnesses and The Most Dangerous Commercials. I fucking love Circa.

4 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

Saw them last night in Denver and was hoping to pick the LP up at the merch table, but they didn't have any! I settled for a t-shirt and decided to order the 3 LP. The show was so good, I was very happy they played 1000 Witnesses and The Most Dangerous Commercials. I fucking love Circa.

Fuck yeah, that show was one of the best Circa shows I've seen.

1 hour ago, MCDELTAT said:

BTW.... looks like there's only 56 copies left of the 3xLP Deluxe version of this.... if you were holding out I'd think about it. 

I was waiting for a sale or for a month where there wasn't that many pre-orders so finally grabbed a copy.

Thanks for the head's up.  I wonder if this is accurate though...there are still 157 copies of the Juturna 3xLP left.  Seems hard to fathom that OLG would have sold that much better at such a faster pace, no?

2 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Thanks for the head's up.  I wonder if this is accurate though...there are still 157 copies of the Juturna 3xLP left.  Seems hard to fathom that OLG would have sold that much better at such a faster pace, no?

I honestly think it's bc this started shipping much sooner, whereas Juturna was announced and didn't get into people's hands until like 7? months later. So lot's of canceled orders etc. Dunno. I don't think they're selling the 3xLP on tour, so merchnow is the only place to get it....

Edited by MCDELTAT

4 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

I feel like OLG is much more popular and was their 'breakout' album so the demand was much higher. But that is just my opinion

12 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I feel like OLG is much more popular and was their 'breakout' album so the demand was much higher. But that is just my opinion

I won't lie and say I was conscious of much music in the mid-2000s (or much of anything--I was 5 when Juturna came out) but I always got the impression that Juturna was the more adored record.

I remember when OLG leaked, and I can't think of too many albums that everyone I knew was anticipating as much as that album. Literally all of my friends were losing their minds over it. People were even offering me money to burn copies cuz it leaked pretty early, and torrenting wasn't super popular yet. 

I'd also say the delays on Juturna, and all the variants, kept it from selling out as fast. 

24 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I won't lie and say I was conscious of much music in the mid-2000s (or much of anything--I was 5 when Juturna came out) but I always got the impression that Juturna was the more adored record.

They're both solid, I think most people would say OLG held up better, but I'm still a Juturna guy.

21 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I was 15 when it came out and was pretty obsessed with cd's at the time and I remember getting this at target just because it looked cool. I never heard of them until that so I think juturna built up alot of hype and they delivered. And Im pretty the cover to OLG is tattooed on thousands of circa fans, it's pretty iconic. 

Just now, Codyoster said:

I was 15 when it came out and was pretty obsessed with cd's at the time and I remember getting this at target just because it looked cool. I never heard of them until that so I think juturna built up alot of hype and they delivered. And Im pretty the cover to OLG is tattooed on thousands of circa fans, it's pretty iconic. 

I will agree that I prefer OLG, but only slightly. They're both great records, though. 

I never saw any Circa Survive fans in my daily life unless I was at a Circa Survive show. Otherwise, I only interacted with them on various message boards.  I knew maybe 3 people who were fans of this band when the second album came out and after that maybe one or two more. When Juturna was released, I was the only person I knew who gave a shit about them. After nearly a year, I had a couple of co-workers who ended up being fans and they were about 4 or more years younger than me and in high school. I've hardly had any friends that I see regularly have the same taste in music as I do. Its weird to read what some of you are saying about knowing all these people who were going ape shit with anticipation for CS's second album.

That said I think Juturna is still #1 for me. OLG is awesome but doesn't have the same charm. Its a close second. Past that, the other albums fall pretty far and pretty fast away from the greatness of the first two albums.

28 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I never saw any Circa Survive fans in my daily life unless I was at a Circa Survive show. Otherwise, I only interacted with them on various message boards.  I knew maybe 3 people who were fans of this band when the second album came out and after that maybe one or two more. When Juturna was released, I was the only person I knew who gave a shit about them. After nearly a year, I had a couple of co-workers who ended up being fans and they were about 4 or more years younger than me and in high school. I've hardly had any friends that I see regularly have the same taste in music as I do. Its weird to read what some of you are saying about knowing all these people who were going ape shit with anticipation for CS's second album.

That said I think Juturna is still #1 for me. OLG is awesome but doesn't have the same charm. Its a close second. Past that, the other albums fall pretty far and pretty fast away from the greatness of the first two albums.

I agree for the most part. I've never met a circa survive fan out in the "real world". Only at various shows. In highschool I was the only real fan I knew of, and most of my friends were kind of fans just because I'd play circa all the time haha. I actually remember there being a little bit of a negative reaction to the second album, or at the very least consensus that it didn't live up to Juturna. I could be remembering wrong though. But in 2008 my brother surprised me on my birthday by taking me to my first ever live Circa concert, which was a free show on OSU's campus. They were actually one of the opening bands for The Roots. There was maybe 30-40 people actively watching the concert before The Roots came on, maybe 20 of them knew Circa, crazy to think how a free concert on one of the country's biggest campuses was in 2008 compared to how that would probably go today.  Heck, even as far as 2010 with the Blue Sky Noise tour the creature club was tiny, maybe 7 people at each concert in this area. Admittedly though, southern Ohio doesn't compare to the following on the coasts. The merch guy told me they had over 500 vips for LA alone for this tour. We went to Royal Oak, MI. There was maybe 60 or so. 

7 minutes ago, Valeriano said:

I agree for the most part. I've never met a circa survive fan out in the "real world". Only at various shows. In highschool I was the only real fan I knew of, and most of my friends were kind of fans just because I'd play circa all the time haha. I actually remember there being a little bit of a negative reaction to the second album, or at the very least consensus that it didn't live up to Juturna. I could be remembering wrong though. But in 2008 my brother surprised me on my birthday by taking me to my first ever live Circa concert, which was a free show on OSU's campus. They were actually one of the opening bands for The Roots. There was maybe 30-40 people actively watching the concert before The Roots came on, maybe 20 of them knew Circa, crazy to think how a free concert on one of the country's biggest campuses was in 2008 compared to how that would probably go today.  Heck, even as far as 2010 with the Blue Sky Noise tour the creature club was tiny, maybe 7 people at each concert in this area. Admittedly though, southern Ohio doesn't compare to the following on the coasts. The merch guy told me they had over 500 vips for LA alone for this tour. We went to Royal Oak, MI. There was maybe 60 or so. 

The last show at The Shrine had so many VIPs that the venue looked like it was half full, and thats a big venue.

49 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Same boat. I didn't know a single person who was stoked for/knew about OLG coming out. Even being a big ole scenester idiot back then, none of my friends were into Circa.

I've never really encountered to many people in the wild who share the same music tastes, but 90% of the people I grew up with were super into Circa and Coheed & Cambria. Still to this day even. I've got friends who have like 3 tattoos, two of them being Circa and CoCa tattoos. I always thought Circa would get so huge because everyone I knew loved them. 

I think Circa has had a really impressive sustained popularity that allows them to keep making records and touring while still having enough financial success to just keep going out again. I never really expected a band with a record like Juturna to reach that level. I think BSN being on Atlantic was a real boost for them but a lot of that album feels too much like over polished and more generic modern emo rock especially in juxtaposition to the prior two albums.

20 hours ago, Codyoster said:

Did they just not have the 3xLP or all OLG vinyl?