PO NOW: The Saddest Landscape - Declaring War On Nostalgia 3LP Rarities Comp

onlinecover.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=10

New 3LP boxset Declaring War On Nostalgia from The Saddest Landscape. Pre-order is live.

A 3LP/34 Track Box set containing 15 years worth of non-LP tracks. (22 Releases in total if you are counting) plus a few unreleased/new songs.

Also includes a deluxe full color LP sized book containing lyrics/photos/essays etc.

The 3 LPs come in fully packaged LP jackets, and all is housed in a sturdy case-wrapped box designed to look great on your record shelf.

It does also come with a digital download.

Two versions:

Standard on Clear/Silver/Clear w. Silver splatter vinyl.  $40 before shipping
http://thesaddestlandscape.bigcartel.com/product/standard-edition-declaring-war-on-nostalgia-box-set

Deluxe on Purple/Aqua+Purple A side B side / Aqua vinyl. $50 before shipping.  Also includes an exclusive hand #d/signed envelope containing a handful of flyers/posters/setlists/lyrics/photos/stickers etc. from the past 15 years. And 4 orders will contain a 6" record we recorded at Thirdman last year. We also will be randomly inserting a test press in one deluxe order.

http://thesaddestlandscape.bigcartel.com/product/deluxe-edition-declaring-war-on-nostalgia-box-set

TSLsetmockup2_copy.jpg?auto=format&fit=m

Sadly international shipping quote for the box is estimated at an extra $50 so I'm out, specially considering how weak the pound is right now.

*EDIT* Forgot the release date. It's 11th November 2016.

Tracklist  

Shifting My Clarity  
Redefining Loneliness  
Death Becomes Us  
So Lightly Thrown  
All Grace Intact  
Kissed By Strangers  
A Season Of Goodbyes  
Loss Will Find Us  
Burning Fight  
Raisans  
Downer  
Weighing Out The Desirables  
With You I Could Never Be Alone  
The Seduction Of Alabaster  
Sin And Sin Again  
The Weight Of The World And Every Dress You Ever Wore  
Spring  
Forty Four Sunsets  
Kiss Like A Miracle  
The Sixth Golden Ticket  
John And Jimmy  
Eternity Is Lost On The Dying  
Boxcar  
In Love With The Sound (Live)  
So Lightly Thrown (Live)  
Declaring War On Nostalgia (Live)  
A Statue Of A Girl (May 15th) (Live)  
Desperate Vespers (Live)  
Eternity Is Lost On The Dying (Live)  
You Never Asked (Demo)  
Trimmed And Burning (Demo)  
Archival (Demo)  
The Actress And The Funeral  
The Temptation That Is Yo
Edited by Stress On The Sky

Holy moly. I wonder how many of the tracks on this release are tracks on their first 2xLP compilation? Or are they all going to be tracks not put on said release? Looks absolutely wicked nonetheless.

Edit: Quickly checking quantities, looks to be around 200 of each? Since quantities aren't listed I figured I'd post a rough idea.

Edited by deer

2 hours ago, Holo said:

Grabbed the deluxe as soon as it went up. PayPal kept timing out so I had to log into my store's shitty WiFi.

Probably a lot of these songs are also on the All is Apologized For. All is Forgiven. 2xlp...and I probably already own most of the releases themselves...But fuck. Needed that deluxe.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Deluxe still has 81% availability so I'm confident enough that I'll be able to score one next payday. I've never heard any of these songs since their latest LP was the first I'd listened to, but that record kills so I've been meaning to dig deeper into their catalog. 

Their earlier work is a lot more raw and messy but it's all good, my personal favourite is You Will Not Survive.

1 hour ago, deer said:

Yeah, I'd really love to find the tracklisting. I would order this if I knew for sure it wasn't just going to be a re-hash of the 2xLP compilation they did a while back.

Since this is 3xLP, the majority of that 2xLP was their first 2 albums, and this is all non-album tracks I'm sure it will mostly be different. They've had a lot of splits and 7"s since their last comp.

1 hour ago, mesi said:

If anyone in Europe wants this without having to pay US shipping and customs, you can get it from Flood Floorshows, which is an awesome label/distro:

http://www.floodfloorshows.com/shop/saddest-landscape-declaring-war-nostalgia/

You sir are doing God's work right there.  Thank you so much.

EDIT: It came to about £64 to ship to the UK if anyone is interested. My credit card hates me right now.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

This band knows how to do a vinyl release, in case anyone was wondering.  I bought their self-released boxset a few years ago, and everything, down to the inserts is beautiful.  

Also, I have test presses of Lift Your Burdens and The Sound of the Spectacle if anyone is interested in them.  

Edited by parkinglot

On 10/17/2016 at 11:32 AM, parkinglot said:

This band knows how to do a vinyl release, in case anyone was wondering.  I bought their self-released boxset a few years ago, and everything, down to the inserts is beautiful.  

Also, I have test presses of Lift Your Burdens and The Sound of the Spectacle if anyone is interested in them.  

Fuuuuck, I'm broke forever right now....

He's right though, TSL are serious about vinyl. They have their own shelf in my collection. I also have two lighters, a flask, and a bottle opener from them. I'm part of the Redefining Loneliness cover and got my own personalised variant for free. I know this box set is going to be more than worth it.

They are revealing the tracklist one track at a time on instagram. They said "only a very small percentage" of the tracks are also on All is Apologized...

15 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They are revealing the tracklist one track at a time on instagram. They said "only a very small percentage" of the tracks are also on All is Apologized...

Damn, awesome news! Well, awesome for collecting. Not awesome for my wallet. But I love these guys to death, going to pick up the deluxe when I get my paycheck.

11 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I have edited the OP and will try to update that each day when the next track is confirmed rather than bumping this everyday and annoying the shit outta people who aren't interested in this release. 

I also concur with all of you who say these guys know how to handle vinyl releases. Got the box a couple of years ago and it's still one of the most beautiful pieces in my collection