NO IDEA RECORDS loses their ever loving minds. You're welcome!

24 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

I probably would have grabbed those other 3 from you.

If you or anyone wants those 3 LPs:

Worn in Red- Banshees (red)

The Tim Version - Decline of Southern Gentleman (blue)

Young Livers - Of Misery and Toil (green)

I can have them shipped to you in a brand new Amazon-style mailer for $19.42 shipped.  I took them out of their sleeve to look at them but never played them.  Send me a PM.  Thanks.

On 14/10/2016 at 5:09 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Right?? Overseas people are always complaining on grab bag deals. Obviously 5 records is gonna cost a lot to ship across the planet. And when you're paying $20 for those five records, the shipping is gonna seem steep in comparison. Logistics, y'all. 

Actually it's kind of a great deal, not the same one, but it is great though if you get a lot of records you like and not suspicious extra costs. Actually I emailed them to ask about past experiences with overseas buyers and if they could split 5 records and 5 records in different packages, but got not answer

Mike Park posted that Asian Man is moving distributors due to No Idea closing their distribution arm, so this may be a great way to move out some of that inventory at a great price to fans.

I've never not found something I enjoyed from a No Idea grab bag as they've got such a massive catalog to send from. 

6 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Huh..... honestly never listened to ANY of these bands (Besides Against Me! TBIAPB, etc). Heard of a handful of them. Any suggestions on where to start so I ponder on grabbing one of these?

Their current active roster isn't all that spectacular IMO, but the Ship Thieves are alright. I got a test press last time I ordered one of their grab bags, but I'm not sure if I still have the rest of what I got. 

18 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Huh..... honestly never listened to ANY of these bands (Besides Against Me! TBIAPB, etc). Heard of a handful of them. Any suggestions on where to start so I ponder on grabbing one of these?

Dear Landlord. 

I promise you wont be disappointed. Don't YouTube, or anything. Do a blind buy and thank me later.

3 hours ago, Satan said:

Dear Landlord. 

I promise you wont be disappointed. Don't YouTube, or anything. Do a blind buy and thank me later.

was REALLY hoping they would play Fest this year.  I hope we get new music from them at some point.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

On 10/15/2016 at 6:22 PM, jacobe said:

Mike Park posted that Asian Man is moving distributors due to No Idea closing their distribution arm, so this may be a great way to move out some of that inventory at a great price to fans.

I've never not found something I enjoyed from a No Idea grab bag as they've got such a massive catalog to send from. 

This is correct.

To clarify: the label is still a label. You can still mailorder and / or order stuff for your distro. Instead of thousands of titles, it will soon be a couple hundred.

The distro: we ran it for 20 years and that's a long time. It was a huge success and achieved far more than we originally envisioned, as well as fostering other people's labels, businesses, and even a fest! We provided health care. We did it all. Now we want to focus on the label (and other interests). 

10 LPs + larger mailer box = 6 pounds. That's the weight I put in the listing. No padding for fees as it's a flat-deal. If it's $60 for overseas shipping, I suspect that splitting will be $30 each. There would be extra labor (time), extra tape, and an extra box ($1.50), so we would have to add $5 for that... so you would be right back at $60.

It would be WAY BETTER for overseas friends to pool their orders together and write us. We can ship 90 records to Europe pretty cheap via other delivery companies. But then you have to be motivated and have a bunch of friends who are equally motivated. Or maybe you run a distro? You can still order a bunch of grab bags. 

• 2 weeks later...

LOL man I really struck out on this batch.

I got one cool/decent LP (California X - Nights in the Dark) but the other 9 are whiffs for me:

• Asshole Parade - Student Ghetto Violence
  • Dean Dirg - Dean Dirg
  • St. Dad - St. Dad
  • Holopaw - dunno the name of the LP*
  • Fiya - Better Days
  • Small Brown Bike - The River Bed*
  • Basement Benders - Lydiad
  • The Charming Snakes - Self Titled
  • The Bomb - The Challengers

Asterisks denote LPs that I thought weren't that bad but just aren't my favorite genre.

Oh well. Thus is the risk of the grab bag game.

58 minutes ago, rds said:

I got one cool/decent LP (California X - Nights in the Dark) but the other 9 are whiffs for me:

• Dean Dirg - Dean Dirg
  • St. Dad - St. Dad
  • Fiya - Better Days

Asterisks denote LPs that I thought weren't that bad but just aren't my favorite genre.

I felt the same way when mine arrived.  I don't have mine in front of me, but I got several of the same.  Definitely the risk of grab bags, but theres usually a better ratio of good to not so good.  For me this was a little far on the not so good end of things.

1 hour ago, rds said:

• Dean Dirg - Dean Dirg
  • St. Dad - St. Dad
  • Fiya - Better Days

The SBB and Bomb records aren't too bad. Not my favorites from their discography, but decent. The one FIYA record I own is ok, that might be that one. AP is not my thing. The rest I have not heard of. I suppose that's the risk of a grab bag. Heavy on the chaff, but there always the chance of a surprise find that you would have normally passed over. 

I went for the mystery 7" test. A small price for a chance of something cool. We'll see if Fortuna has favored me.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:43 PM, rds said:

• Dean Dirg - Dean Dirg
  • St. Dad - St. Dad
  • Fiya - Better Days

You just took a dump on 5 of my favorite records, haha, and $20,000 worth of investment! Life is pain!!

Edited by vardcore

On 10/27/2016 at 1:29 PM, deadreckoning said:

My 7" test press just came in........

Ampere/Ringers split 6"

It also says "(Off-center)" and the spindle hole looks a little wide right. 

No sure if that's a mispress for the test run /just this record or if they would have to reject the plates.

This record had three rounds of tests. The first two were the 33 rpm 6" version. The third was the 45 rpm 7" version. The first was off center, the second centered. The full runs were centered. 

FYI: I'm the one filling these orders. I have about 20 more shipping out today, Friday, and should have all 100 mailed out by Wednesday. Who knew it was so much work, working? I'm again' it!

PS: I will trade some of my collectible records for an iPhone 6 or 7 (as long as its not broken or stolen).

Edited by vardcore

4 hours ago, vardcore said:

You just took a dump on 5 of my favorite records, haha, and $20,000 worth of investment! Life is pain!!

If it makes you feel better, I like others bands that you've made $60-100,000+ worth of investments into and I paid a very nominal fee to help move the remaining  unsold copies of that $20,000 of investments. :)

Pretty stoked on the ten I received. Excited to see some Dirtnap and Sacred Bones records included. I know SBB, The Men, TBIAPB, and have heard the Good Luck and the Fiya records. Down for trades! Now, on to listening! 

1. Something Fierce - There are no Answers (rock/punk) 

2. The Pulses - Little Brother EP 10" (punk) 

3. Basement Benders - Lydiad (punk) 

4. This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb - Three Way Tie for Fifth (folk, punk) 

5. Fiya - Better Days (hc / punk) 

6. Small Brown BIke - The River Bed - Coke Bottle Clear (post / indie ) 

7. Holopaw - Oh, Glory. Oh, Wilderness (indie) 

8. Billy No Mates - Duck, Duck, Goose - Purple mix? (punk) 

9. The Men - Tomorrow's Hits  (garage / rock) 

10. Good Luck - Without Hesitation - Gold (punk) 

My 10

Dean Dirg - ...The Last Kid onthe Block

Holopaw - Oh, Glory. Oh, Wilderness

Small Brown Bike - The River Bed

Basement Benders - Lydiad

Bride and Tunnel - East/West

The Cripples - Dirty Head

Fiya - Better Days

Assholeparade - Student Ghetto Violence

St. Dad - S/t

Nazi Dust - Wretched Hour

And ordered one 12" test - This Bike Is a Pipebomb - Three Way tie For a Fifth

Down for trades

4 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

My 10

Dean Dirg - ...The Last Kid onthe Block

Holopaw - Oh, Glory. Oh, Wilderness

Small Brown Bike - The River Bed

Basement Benders - Lydiad

Bride and Tunnel - East/West

The Cripples - Dirty Head

Fiya - Better Days

Assholeparade - Student Ghetto Violence

St. Dad - S/t

Nazi Dust - Wretched Hour

And ordered one 12" test - This Bike Is a Pipebomb - Three Way tie For a Fifth

Down for trades

That's a great test press! I'd be stoked for that.