PO Now: Blind Melon - Soup - Reissue

5 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Well, that was fast shipping to "Russia".

new york city to volgograd is only twice the distance of new york city to seattle. also, i was one of the early adopters so analog spark may have prepared mine more quickly. either way, happy with this release.

7 hours ago, Fungi said:

new york city to volgograd is only twice the distance of new york city to seattle. also, i was one of the early adopters so analog spark may have prepared mine more quickly. either way, happy with this release.

Doubt it bud.

I ordered the day they were announced, and I live in USA. Mine hasn't even arrived yet. Nice try.

Got my colored variant today, will open and spin this evening if all goes well!

I haven't opened my standard black one from Amazon as I'm thinking of selling it. Not sure why I didn't cancel that order when the Analog Spark variant was announced. I guess I thought it was also limited in some way. 

Only issue with my colored vinyl is the A-side label is a little mangled around the hole. Common problem though, no biggie. Sure sounds great! Unfortunately my girlfriend came home when I was only 1/3 through the album and not being a big fan (at all), the rest was played at lower volume while we prepared dinner. I'll have to spin it again tomorrow while working from home.

Wow, I had no idea this was announced til now. Blind Melon is one of my favorite bands! Both albums are absolutely incredible IMO. Each one has its own sound and I love them both. I had the first one on cassette when it came out and played it to death. Bought the 2nd one on CD and vinyl on release day. I only had a chance to listen to the vinyl a few times before I somehow lost it in a move. Still wonder how it happened to this day, so I'm super stoked to see it's been reissued. 

Is there any difference between the colored and black besides the obvious coloring ie packaging, etc?

And for some reason I can't remember the insert of the original pressing..... does the reissue have the same insert? Is it a lyric sheet?

Edited by Machiventa

On 2/8/2017 at 11:23 PM, Machiventa said:

Wow, I had no idea this was announced til now. Blind Melon is one of my favorite bands! Both albums are absolutely incredible IMO. Each one has its own sound and I love them both. I had the first one on cassette when it came out and played it to death. Bought the 2nd one on CD and vinyl on release day. I only had a chance to listen to the vinyl a few times before I somehow lost it in a move. Still wonder how it happened to this day, so I'm super stoked to see it's been reissued. 

Is there any difference between the colored and black besides the obvious coloring ie packaging, etc?

And for some reason I can't remember the insert of the original pressing..... does the reissue have the same insert? Is it a lyric sheet?

It has the 'Menu' lyric sheet, identical to the OG pressing

• 2 months later...

Analog Spark just posted that they will be posting their remaining copies of the orange variant tomorrow on their website.