2 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Add me to this hype train. Bought that shitty DJ Shadow album for the RTJ track and the rest sucked. 

It's a mostly instrumental hip-hop album. If you expected the whole thing to sound like nobody speak then that's kind of on you. 

5 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

It's a mostly instrumental hip-hop album. If you expected the whole thing to sound like nobody speak then that's kind of on you. 

I didn't expect the whole album to sound like that one track, no. But I figured I'd enjoy it. Shit almost made me fall asleep at the wheel in the middle of the day. It's like decent elevator music IMO. 

44 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I didn't expect the whole album to sound like that one track, no. But I figured I'd enjoy it. Shit almost made me fall asleep at the wheel in the middle of the day. It's like decent elevator music IMO. 

Have you heard Endtroducing?

25 minutes ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I have not. Is it better than the new one? I'm not huge on instrumental music regardless of genre. 

If you aren't big on instrumental I wouldn't hold your breath but I hold it among the greatest of all time (and I'm far from alone in that).

10 hours ago, DOMAN127 said:

If you aren't big on instrumental I wouldn't hold your breath but I hold it among the greatest of all time (and I'm far from alone in that).

Yup. It is probably my favorite album of all time. That or Fantastic Planet.

10 hours ago, DafTyler said:

Saying you like hip hop and not knowing entroducing is like saying you dont know NWA or Wu-tang. 

It is an iconic album.

DJ Shadow kinda fell off but the new album is his best work in a long time. 

What did you expect this is a vc approved Rap/hip hop group.

if it's not Kanye or j dilla ,wutang or run jewels...

most vc folk doesn't know anything outside the pre-approved   Stuff.

I think it's hilarious that All of the sudden all these kids suddenly Care about wu tang. Shit, they've been making classics for decades.

Edited by icecream

6 hours ago, icecream said:

I think it's hilarious that All of the sudden all these kids suddenly Care about wu tang. Shit, they've been making classics for decades.

So much this.   You forgot about Kendrick though, these kids need to hurry up and get him at the top of their Top 10 list from 2016,.  

8 hours ago, icecream said:

2 hours ago, aopps42 said:

Yikes....

Fuck off. I listen to tons of Atmosphere, Eyedea & Abilities, Aesop (HMM & Uncluded as well), Del, Souls of Mischief, Gang Starr, Wu, ODB, Meth & Red, Nas, and a plethora of other hip hop artists. I fuckin' grew up in the dirty south era for fucks sake, all the 24k gold album cover font and background flames you could hope for. 

But yeah, I can't say I like hip hop because I don't like DJ Shadow. Makes sense. 

Honestly though, you can't give someone shit for not knowing Endtroducing, given how the only people I know who know that album are producers, DJs, or huge music fans in general. I didn't really know who he was till long after I got into Portishead and wanted to find something similar, and I had been a huge Golden Era hip-hop fan for a while at that point. DJ Shadow isn't commercial and like one of you said, he fell off for a long time, his debut is definitely an iconic album, but he's not a staple in must-here hip-hop classics. Give dude a break.

Edited by Reshiram454
Doublepostception