Ian from popmarket here - what do you guys want to see?

I have a specific piece of feedback, so I ordered the Bright Eyes vinyl box set from Popmarket when it was a Daily Deal a couple months ago and it showed up on my door last week. However, I never got shipping confirmation when the order was dispatched from your warehouse to USPS, so it just showed up randomly to my doorstep. This was slightly annoying because I like to keep track of my orders so I can make sure somebody brings them in the house and they don't warp in the sun on my porch. Regardless, the records arrived fine and thanks for the deal!

7 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

I have a specific piece of feedback, so I ordered the Bright Eyes vinyl box set from Popmarket when it was a Daily Deal a couple months ago and it showed up on my door last week. However, I never got shipping confirmation when the order was dispatched from your warehouse to USPS, so it just showed up randomly to my doorstep. This was slightly annoying because I like to keep track of my orders so I can make sure somebody brings them in the house and they don't warp in the sun on my porch. Regardless, the records arrived fine and thanks for the deal!

It's not available in all areas, but if you haven't looked into setting up a My USPS account yet then do that.

1 hour ago, dantheriver said:

It's not available in all areas, but if you haven't looked into setting up a My USPS account yet then do that.

9 hours ago, shadowkid33 said:

First - thanks for your order & glad you're enjoying the set!

We've heard this from a number of customers and identified a glitch in the Shopify backend that was not sending out some shipping confirmation e-mails, it's been fixed though so moving forward you should be able to get tracking on all domestic orders. 

22 hours ago, ExtraFox said:

Appaling customer service stopped me using the site. I bought three Tool records using a discount code and factored in the UK import fees based on that code. The records were priced in Pounds.

The customs information had the items priced in Dollars and using the then current exchange rate, they items had been 'valued' at more than the price BEFORE the discount.

The atttitude of customer service was 'we don't care'.

Overvaluing is the quickest way to lose a customer that has to pay import fees. Never used Popmarket again.

Apologies for any poor experiences you've had in the past, it's currently our top priority to optimize our customer service experience and avoid these issues moving forward. 

2 hours ago, dantheriver said:

I have and it isn't in my area as of a couple months ago, which is weird because I live in a heavily populated suburb. I'll have to check it out again though and see if it's become available.

Customer service was pretty bad in the past, I get it, staffing challenges.  Hopefully improves with time, posting on vc is pretty brave of you guys so I have to give you props there.

One site issue that bugs me is not enough detail in the listings, things like upc, release date, country of origin.  There are many pressings of titles so it's hard to know which one you are selling sometimes.

I have snagged some really great deals from you guys but at the same time it's a little comical when I get those emails with titles that are full msrp.  They are also usually titles or bands that I care little to nothing for myself; with a little sleuthing I bet you guys could narrow it down to more targeted messages.

Speaking of boxed sets, I would love to have a chance at that Crystal Method box that came out last year, I had no clue it was a thing until too late :(.

Edited by MrSneis

While the selection on Popmarket a couple years ago was incredibly small compared to now, I feel that the deals were way better then. Maybe I'm misremembering, but there was a time when you'd see a box set daily deal on Popmarket greatly cheaper than other outlets' prices. Recently whenever I look at the Popmarket deals, it seems the prices are very comparable to your competitors, who I would honestly rather buy from even if it's $5 more expensive there. Some of the non-deal listing prices are comical, too. That Bob Dylan Mono vinyl box set for $270? You can get it straight from Amazon for $140

If you asked this question a few months ago, I would have mentioned the lack of coupons, but it does seem that Popmarket is releasing them more often now so that's good.

Ian, I am not normally a griper, but since you're here and I'm unhappy I thought I would mention this.

I signed up for Popmarket's Daily Deals newsletter a few weeks ago.  Lately I am getting buried in an ever increasing pile of daily emails from you, many of which are not offering a deal or discount at all.  I see I received the following from Popmarket this week:

10-24  4 emails

10-25  3 emails

10-26  3 emails

10-27  3 emails

10-28  3 emails

10-29  3 emails

Then, to add insult to injury, you are starting to utilize a marketing strategy where I have to click through the email to visit a webpage to see the deal.   It's not polite to treat customers this way, and it is disingenuous as well because what you are accomplishing is having people like myself (1) as in the fable 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf', when you send so many emails it becomes simply a blur and I have had my time stolen too many times I simply ignore your mail completely ; and/or (2) block receiving any emails from popmarket entirely.

5 hours ago, jackshidt said:

Ian, I am not normally a griper, but since you're here and I'm unhappy I thought I would mention this.

I signed up for Popmarket's Daily Deals newsletter a few weeks ago.  Lately I am getting buried in an ever increasing pile of daily emails from you, many of which are not offering a deal or discount at all.  I see I received the following from Popmarket this week:

10-24  4 emails

10-25  3 emails

10-26  3 emails

10-27  3 emails

10-28  3 emails

10-29  3 emails

Then, to add insult to injury, you are starting to utilize a marketing strategy where I have to click through the email to visit a webpage to see the deal.   It's not polite to treat customers this way, and it is disingenuous as well because what you are accomplishing is having people like myself (1) as in the fable 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf', when you send so many emails it becomes simply a blur and I have had my time stolen too many times I simply ignore your mail completely ; and/or (2) block receiving any emails from popmarket entirely.

I second this. 

6 hours ago, jackshidt said:

10-24  4 emails

10-25  3 emails

10-26  3 emails

10-27  3 emails

10-28  3 emails

10-29  3 emails

This.  I started doing business with Popmarket because I enjoyed the concept of the "daily deal" where there was an item(s) showcased that was truly a great deal, whether I personally would have purchased it or not. 

In the last several months, it's turned into a spamfest of email where everything is a deal. 

When *everything* is a deal, then *nothing* is a deal in some cases.  Honestly, I can't tell you in most instances because the emails are 1) too frequent and 2) click-bait-y and I tend to delete them right away when they are (yeah, the one the other day with Shaq and the cat "I can haz deal" or whatever comes to mind...no...just...NO).

Other than that, I will say that I've spent a LOT of money with PM.  There have been a few bumpy times along the way, but their returns/exchanges procedure is top notch when I've gotten damaged/defective vinyl.  You don't just get that anywhere and that alone has kept me spending money with PM.

My only other wish is for more discount codes.  :)

Edited by bungie

I don't have anything to add, I bought that Tool package years back and everything went smoothly.  Being up in Canada it has to be a pretty good deal to bite, but knowing you have better shipping options now I'll take a look.

Kudos for jumping in here looking for feedback, and good luck with the new (more or less) business!

6 minutes ago, bgdesign said:

Do a bulk discount. If I buy multiple items, offer an additional discount. Example, buy a second boxset and get 10% off, buy a 3rd get 20% off.Would be great for stuff like the Led Zeppelin boxsets or the Bowie boxes. I'm more likely to buy ore if I'm rewarded for it.

Solid suggestion.  I'll second this.

1 hour ago, bgdesign said:

Do a bulk discount. If I buy multiple items, offer an additional discount. Example, buy a second boxset and get 10% off, buy a 3rd get 20% off.Would be great for stuff like the Led Zeppelin boxsets or the Bowie boxes. I'm more likely to buy ore if I'm rewarded for it.

1 hour ago, BoopsRecords said:

Solid suggestion.  I'll third this.

On 10/27/2016 at 4:48 AM, mondie said:

I would like to know where items are shipping from, is it always the US? If so I find your shipping costs a barrier on the items I have contemplated buying. Haven't really taken the daily offers seriously for a while because of this.

I believe the Daily Deals are free shipping.

I've only used PM once, about 3 years ago for a Deftones bundle.

Ever since then, I get 2-4 emails a day. The emails don't even list prices, they want me to click the "deal" and then sign in to the site.  Nope.

Can I turn my email frequency down to once a week, or maybe I should just block it. None of the deals ever catch my eye anyway.

As far as shipping, customer service, etc, I didn't have any problems so I can't comment there.

How about Exclusives? Has PM looked into doing any exclusive variants? That always seems to sell well.

I had to opt out of the emails, they were coming way too much, and way too frequent. Even the other day, I thought about purchasing the deal for the 6 albums from The Cure. Had them in my cart, but then decided against it. I emptied the cart (and even double checked to ensure there was nothing in there) and went about my day. About 2 hours later I got not one, but two emails back to back:

95rBeDG.jpg 

• jhulud locked this topic