Oh F.F.S. Another one on Kickstarter and this ones from the UK

What utter gobshite bandwagon jump on fuckery is this? Another one on kickstarter and I weep that they crow about the fact it's made in good old blighty

http://minesaudio.com/thealpha/

Spot the tracking issue and the bollocks that goes along with it in the write up, I do hope it comes with a free pipe bender so you can make it track correctly.

I'm assuming the arm is far too long so that there is enough arm there to allow you to bend it to get the correct tracking angle.

Everything else to be fair looks ok and if it's just a mockup I would hope they'd at least try and make it look right but if they are going to completely balls up one of the fundamentals of vinyl record replay then I don't hold out a lot of hope for the rest of it.

Sadly another case of form over function and another turntable for the facial topiary enjoying Bose lover I feel

Edited by allenh
missed a bit

17 hours ago, slinch said:

what are you on about allen, it clearly states right there on the page that "you get perfect sound"

you're not saying they would just... lie?

Not lie exactly, just not have a Scooby Doo what the clucking bell they are doing.

12 hours ago, kannibal said:

That was mine too! I was going to post about it last night but I got too bored.

I wasn't going to but I'm in a facebook group that contains a few high end audio engineers and designers and it was discussed to death yesterday so I thought I'd share anyway, someone was bound to sooner or later and as it's an utter pile of bollocks from my neck of the woods I thought it my responsibility.

It's been in development for 5 years and they were a little surprised when someone I know pointed this out to them, as did I and another few people, the shock must have got them spinning in their beards.

And read the Bio's on the people involved, impressive skill sets when it comes to building a high end turntable.