MASSIVE ATTACK REISSUES - Blue Lines, Protection, No Protection

Single LP (Pink) up for pre-order of the Mad Professor Mezzanine remixes (20th Sept), replaces the 3xLP 

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/massive-attack/massive-attack-vs-mad-professor-part-ii-mezzanine-remix-tapes-98 

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*/Massive-Attack-vs-Mad-Professor-Part-II-Mezzanine-Remix-Tapes-98-Pink-Coloured-Vinyl/68650000000

'Massive Attack vs Mad Professor Part II (Mezzanine Remix Tapes)â -Massive Attack release Dub version of Mezzanine on vinyl on September 20th

ide A
1 Metal Banshee (Mad Professor Mix 1)  
2 Angel (Angel Dust)  
3 Risingson (Setting Sun Dub 2)  
4 Teardrop (Mazaruni Dub 1)  
Side B
1 Inertia Creeps (Floating On Dubwise)  
2 Exchange (Mountain Steppers Dub)  
3 Wire (Leaping Dub)  

Group Four (Security Forces Dub)

Edited by craigeduk

Psyched to have this as a 1 LP release.

I also, don't think its coincidental that this LP is the same color as the one that was gonna be in the 3LP set. I wonder if they have been sitting on finished vinyl for a while and the 3LP set wasn't selling (because it was expensive as fuck). We'll know for sure if we see a colored 2LP pressing in a standard sleeve resurface before long. 

Edited by timsimmons

From MA's fb page:

"We’ve decided to withdraw the Mezzanine special edition package as the design materials were no longer available.

After many months of extra work and research we felt that the alternative packaging ideas were not relevant to the original album project and decided to release the Mad Professor Dub versions instead in order to make use of the vinyl.

Apologies to anyone who pre-ordered the special edition."

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 11:27 PM, fish said:

If anyone happens to be going to a show on this tour and wouldn't mind grabbing me a shirt pm me. The one I wanted was out in my size tonight.  Great show.  So glad I finally got ti see Fraser live. 

Going tonight in Toronto. Let me know the shirt and size and I will keep an eye out if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Got the dubs the other day. These are literally from the 3LP set. The sides are labeled E/F (with a debossed label - which I haven’t seen before and it’s cool) 

So I assume at some point we’ll see a colored pressing of the main album. 

Yeah only just noticed that! I'm thinking a colour main album around April/May, they won't want the vinyl sitting in the warehouse too long!

• 3 years later...
16 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Did the regular album on colored vinyl from the scrapped 3LP anniversary set ever see the light of day? 

Nope, looks like our predictions were wrong!  

Also still waiting on the 100th Window reissue that kept popping up places for pre-order but never actually got announced!