PO SOON: JAPANDROIDS- Near To the Wild Heart of Life

I think it was technically a "Vinyl Tuesday" release, at least according to my local shop. I got a clear copy there yesterday, and it looks sooooo nice. Kinda bummed they didn't make it a gatefold, because I take all those big booklets out and shelve them separately, so it just makes the sleeve look empty without it. 

japandroids_zpsapzhsr4f.jpg

Got through my first listen last night and I love it. I would say the album is not as "anthemic" as I was thinking it would be based on the first single and the last record. I feel like the middle of the record is a bit subdued, but it does not take away from the album as a whole. I'll be spinning this tons more in anticipation for the Denver show in March. 

Edited by andysrobbins

1 hour ago, Polyvinyl Record Co. said:

C3M-u7QUEAAvAf7.jpg:large

We're floored with how the Grey/Black marble vinyl came out. Jeez! Still got a few copies left. This one's only available from us: http://plyvnyl.co/JPNDRDS-wildheart

Just went to grab a copy from my local record store and they told me it was recalled this morning for a misprint on the sleeve?  Any word on this?

52 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Maybe its the pic, but that Coke Bottle looks way more green than a normal coke bottle color.

yeah, it's SUPER coke bottle to me. way more heavy on color, but I like that it doesn't look like any other coke bottle in my collection.

Edited by andysrobbins

4 hours ago, parkinglot said:

Just went to grab a copy from my local record store and they told me it was recalled this morning for a misprint on the sleeve?  Any word on this?

This is for the Canadian press via Arts and Crafts. I preordered it and received it today. The record is in good working order, but pages of the booklet are scrambled. They indicated on Facebook that they are delaying sending them to stores for about 3-4 more weeks to fix the printing issue. Apparently even sending replacement booklets to everyone who preordered (though I think that it's not all that necessary, but whatever). 

This album is really good, The songs get stuck in my head so easily, I'm really glad they changed their sound, which is the only complaint I've really heard from other people which is weird cause most people hate it when bands keep making the same record over and over. I only wish it was longer than 8 songs. Can't wait to finally see them in march.

On 1/30/2017 at 7:43 AM, dethrock said:

On the first listen I thought the first two songs were bangers and the rest kind of bored me. Definitely going to have to sit down with this one and see if it grows on me.

That's what I found boring. Those singles sounded the same as CB.

But than I hit Arc of Bar on this record and boom

I got into this band originally because they covered big black, nick cave and gun club.

When this band is doing something a little different than the whole Springsteen meets replacements thing, I think they are much much better.

Maybe I am old and that's why I like it when artists progress a bit.