Tub Ring "best of" vinyl kickstarter

It's been years since we've heard anything from Tub Ring (chicago experimental rock ). These dudes are pretty old now.  They're already half way to the goal and it's only been a couple days. These guys were a pretty fun act to see live as well. Zoo Hypothesis is one of my favorite albums of all time as well.

From what I understand they never put out any format besides CD. This is probably the only chance to pick up anything on vinyl from them ever, so hopefully they can reach 12k. Donors get to vote on which songs (2 songs from 5 releases) go on the record as well. A $30 pledge is the cheapest way to secure the vinyl and digital files though, which might be high for a "greatest hits/best of" thing, but if you know/heard of/forgot the band, it might be worth it for you. T shirt designs look pretty cool, and I've seen more gimmicky pledge rewards from other bands.

anyway,  Just wanted to spread the word. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tubring/tub-ring-best-of-vinyl-lp-and-new-digital-ep

here's a few tracks I believe are shoe in's for the best of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n45Mc6l7WgI

I loved this band... I forget when and where but I'm pretty sure I saw them a few times. The last time I think was with Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and/or Stinking Lizaveta. I loved how the entire crowd swayed back and forth like a sea during the last song whose title I can't recall.
Any chance their cover of Mouth to Mouth by Faith No More could be included?! Not sure what legal clearances would be required.

6 hours ago, scottheisel said:

No mention of And The Mashed Potato Mountain Etiquette, no pledge.

I'm sure if you donated you could vote fer songs from Stupid Pet Tricks, Music For the Bathroom, ...And the Mashed Potato Mountain Etiquette, or Super Sci-Fi Samurai Rock Star Ultra Turbo II ver 3.6. It's just that most of their fans don't know those releases and the selections wouldn't be as popular.

One day after official announcement and it's less than $2k from the goal! Looks like we might get a live show if this keeps up!

I'm stupid excited!

2 hours ago, Kyte30351 said:

I'm sure if you donated you could vote fer songs from Stupid Pet Tricks, Music For the Bathroom, ...And the Mashed Potato Mountain Etiquette, or Super Sci-Fi Samurai Rock Star Ultra Turbo II ver 3.6. It's just that most of their fans don't know those releases and the selections wouldn't be as popular.

One day after official announcement and it's less than $2k from the goal! Looks like we might get a live show if this keeps up!

I'm stupid excited!

Really, all I want is a one-sided 7-inch of "Flying Pimp."

• 8 months later...

Just in case someone here missed out on the KS, until 2.August you can still snag a copy of the greatest hits vinyl from http://tubring.bigcartel.com/product/tub-ring-polyvinyl-chloride-the-best-of-tub-ring-double-vinyl-lp-preorder.

Tracklist is:

A1 Bite the Wax Tadpole 
A2 When the Crash Happened 
A3 Invalid 
A4 Numbers 
A5 Optimistic

B1 The Promise Keeper 
B2 Bird of a Different Color 
B3 Killers in Love 
B4 Psychology Is B.S. (Not Science) 
B5 Habitat 
B6 O.C.D.

C1 Robot Trilogy 
C2 Living With Rene's Head 
C3 Stop This (NOW!) 
C4 I Could Never Fall In Love With You 
C5 Faster 
C6 I Shot Your Faggot Horse Bitch

D1 Tiny, Little 
D2 Panic the Digital 
D3 Touching the Enemy 
D4 No One Wants to Play 
D5 Alexander in Charge 
D6 The Horrible and the Holy

Overall I'm really happy with it.

And I absolutely cannot wait to hear what will now be a whole new album instead of just an EP!

• 3 months later...

So the new album is fuckin’ great and the Kickstarter packages should be shippin’ out soon! The lead singer posted a picture of a bunch of the perks in his apartment, so hopefully they’ll arrive before Thanksgivin’ or shortly after.

::edit::

Since I guess I’m the only TR fanatic I’ll say with an edit instead of a triple post, my package came in perfectly as did my friend’s copy who lives a few miles away. He has made me super jealous that he went with the t-shirt package, whereas I went fer the USB. But they have said that they may put up any extras of stuff fer sale “after the dust settles.”

Edited by Kyte30351

• 1 year later...