Visiting the U.K. for Into It. Over It. shows - Suggestions welcome!

I'll be in the U.K. from November 13th through the 19th.  My roommate and I are coming over for the Into It. Over It. discography shows.  We will be at the St. Pancras show as well as both shows at The Lexington.  I wanted to see if anyone in that area has suggestions on food, record stores, or places for great beer.  I'm also thinking about getting tattooed when I'm there and would love to get any tattoo shop recommendations!

Apart from Banquet and Rough Trade head for Berwick Street which is just off of Oxford Street, It was the record shop mecca in London for years and is the picture on the front of the Oasis What's the story morning Glory album sleeve. There are still 2 shops on Berwick Street itself and at least 3 more in the surrounding roads. 

Berwick Street is the most central with Rough trade out of the west end a little and Banquet quite a way out in Kingston, there also used to be a good 2nd hand record shop in Kingston but I'm not sure if he's still there.

Also head to Camden Lock if you want to see London's alternative side at its best, there are a couple of stalls inside the market and at least one shop on the way up to the market from the tube station. Camden is also great for food, beer and music pubs.

Apart from that there's Ronnie Scotts and the 100 Club which are must see's even if nothings on and more venues, good pubs and restaurants than you can shake a stick at in London.

And if you are in London on the 1st or 3rd Friday of the month there is a record fair in Spittlefields Market which is always worth a look, it's also on some Saturdays but I'm not sure which and that are in general is also good for food, beer and music and is also pretty close to Rough Trade

Enjoy but remember you've got to get all those records and all the other shit you buy home.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:50 PM, allenh said:

Enjoy but remember you've got to get all those records and all the other shit you buy home.

I'm not going to go too crazy with buying records, but I plan on taking a few mailers along just in case I have some great finds.  Thanks for all of the suggestions!

On 3/11/2016 at 6:29 PM, theearly11 said:

I'm not going to go too crazy with buying records, but I plan on taking a few mailers along just in case I have some great finds.  Thanks for all of the suggestions!

As I might have said in another thread, don't be shy with bringing your records as carry on baggage.

Nobody will care if you have some extra weight in there. Just get a big backpack or whelled trolley and use mailers to keep them protected in there.