Comics (possible spoilers)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monk, I got my Cap Omnibus today, the thing was packed in a vaccum bag kinda mailer and the dust jacket is pretty banged up, also a pretty large sticker left on it as well. Nothing at all major by any mean, still NM condition & a great price, but still a bit of a bummer.
hmm.. I hope mine comes tomorrow! I need it so I can start to read the Death of Captain America!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17104

about 2/3 the way there's a thing about marvel masterworks being redrawn so artists don't get royalties. shady.

I read about that today in LitG, it's a shame.

The sad thing is that in some eyes that kid will be blacklisted forever in some editors. I don't think I could morally agree to lightbox Ditko, Kirby, etc just to get my foot in the door.

You'd have to realize that in the long run it's not a good idea.

I hope my Captain America omni comes along with my Uncanny X-Men collections. I'm out of comics to read! When I wake up my bank account should have my paycheck! That means I'm ordering Absolute Long Halloween, Absolute Dark Knight Returns and Hellboy Library Vol 1.

Anyone happen to find out if their local shop has the Sin City Library I?

I hope my Captain America omni comes along with my Uncanny X-Men collections. I'm out of comics to read! When I wake up my bank account should have my paycheck! That means I'm ordering Absolute Long Halloween, Absolute Dark Knight Returns and Hellboy Library Vol 1.

Anyone happen to find out if their local shop has the Sin City Library I?

Myself (and I'd guess anyone else that's looking for you) would likely check today (wens) as it's new comic day and requires a trip to the shop....I wouldn't expect a "trader" to understand...haha.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening. My brother is stopping in the shop by his house for me too to take a look (he's about 30 minutes away).

The only variants I collect are ones done by Frank Cho. I have almost everything Frank Cho has done and I am trying to keep the collection as complete as possible. I pity the people who collect Michael Turner. It seems like half the books published had some kind of Turner variant cover.

the only artist I try to get everything of is Joe Quesada, but he does a lot of random and/or sporadic things now that he's Editor in Chief...but every now and then i find a old cover he did and i just buy it...i have an irrational love of his art. Sometimes when Alex Ross does cool covers i buy the issues for that.

Sometimes when Alex Ross does cool covers i buy the issues for that.

I think everyone has bought an issue just because of an Alex Ross cover before. That guy is amazing.

well yeah...I buy any book he does the interior art for from the "MARVELS" series forward(when that series came out I think the entire industry shit their pants)...it's always ungodly amazing.